May 16, 2017, 07:31 PM
Thread OP
John,

This is great, Mike, you and me so far. Electric powered Sunbird, wonder what Dave Thornburg would say? Hopefully more Wood Crafters will jump in.

Looks like we have 39 committed to flying the Wood Crafters # 9

Ray
Woodys Forever
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2017, 09:58 AM
Thread OP
Wood Crafters info:

http://www.skybench.com/woodcraft/index.html

Ray
Woodys Forever
May 21, 2017, 11:20 PM
Emptied the van of all remodelling the in laws house stuff. Informed spousal unit the house is on hold till after Wood Crafters. Will start covering the 60" DSC Ariel tomorrow. WOO HOO!
May 25, 2017, 01:15 PM
Thread OP
Coming soon, the final Wood Crafters #9 entry list.

Ray
Woodys Forever
May 25, 2017, 02:55 PM
Old gasbag glider guy; LSF 255

Official Wood Crafters #9 Entry List

I'm posting this on Ray's behalf. Attached is a pdf with the most up to date entry list for Wood Crafter's #9.

Really wish I could be there...

Stan
May 27, 2017, 03:23 PM

See you all next week!

I just maidened my two gliders I'm bringing out to fly. A Skybench OLY II and an Illusion from MM Glidertech.

Can't wait to fly them at Muncie, see you all there!
May 28, 2017, 05:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Hayes
Things have changed, Barb has just informed me we can have some speakers after Sat's Dinner. So I am looking for an entertaining speaker or two . This is not for vendors, but I will have a free drawing exclusively for Dinner Attendees for an Airtronics Grand Esprit kit. Get your ticket at the door. If you have an idea for a speaker, let me know and I'll invite them.

Ray
Woodys Forever
Email: Skybench@comcast.net
Things are always easier said then done, I'm having problems with the Grand Esprit kit, so forget the drawing for the kit.

Ray
Woodys Forever
May 30, 2017, 08:02 AM
Ray, what time would you like us to arrive each day? I don't remember from last year.

I see on post #240 you say 9 AM.

I just wanted to be sure because it wasn't on the website/registration information. Maybe I missed it.

Thanks!

Let's hope those rain chances forecasted now (as of Tuesday) go away by the weekend!

Scott
Last edited by HelloScott; May 30, 2017 at 08:18 AM.
May 30, 2017, 08:49 AM
I agree on the weather hopes, we're coming from MN and I'd hate to be rained out.

I think we're going to be at the field no later than 8:30, maybe even a little earlier, on both days just in case things get kicked off sooner than scheduled.

Were also going to be out there all day Friday if you get there early and the weather is good enough to fly in.
May 30, 2017, 09:27 AM
Here's to hoping the weather gods shine on us all for Sat/Sun!!

We'll be there Friday afternoon, if the weather is good, I'm sure we'll be flying!
May 31, 2017, 04:58 AM
Thread OP
What time to arrive each day , the answer can be different for each contestant based on how many sailplane planes your bringing to fly and the various events you have signed up to participate in. Why, because after each 9:30 Dailey Pilots Meeting you may be immediately called up to fly. If your not ready to fly in your assigned group, that becomes a zero for the round on your score card. In other words the group is not held up by stragglers.

Jack Smith may be there on Friday.

Reminder, as I said in the email sent to all who are participating this year, since you can use your Hi Start in this event, before you set it up, check with me first for location.

Our normal rainfall in my county for May, just North of Muncie is 3 + inches, this year we have had 11 + inches, the field will likely be a little damp �� If we do get some rain with lightening during our event, remember the safest place is your vehicle , not under your canopy.

The two most popular events are the Ladder and Longest flight, score cards will be handed out in the Pilots Meeting, the 2M Electric Group Launching and Ray's Mini Hi Start Group Launching events will likely be run each morning immediately after the Pilots Meeting.

Wood Crafters is all about having fun with our hand built wood sailplanes, meeting new people and flying with old friends. Enjoy the weekend!

Ray
Woodys Forever
www.skybench.com
May 31, 2017, 07:41 AM
Post deleted
Last edited by Don Stackhouse; Jun 09, 2017 at 05:55 PM.
May 31, 2017, 08:39 AM
Thanks!

I will not wash my car this week. Doing so will guarantee rain as you know.

By the way, I stopped by AMA yesterday. They have some nice new things in the gift shop and a lot of last year's stuff on clearance. My wife would be proud of me.

I hope to bring a friend, Chris, who is a power pilot who is very interested in RC sailplanes. He asked if he could come watch. I think we might have another fish on the line! LOL He is actually a corporate pilot full time and a life long RC guy.

Scott Black
AMA #137824
May 31, 2017, 02:16 PM
Ron Smith
Ray

I am really looking forward to flying and meeting new folks this weekend. Due to some family conflicts I will need to leave on Saturday at 1 pm. I am flying the electric longest flight and the ladder flight. I am thinking that those events are open launch all day but wanted to confirm. Can you please verify that for me?

Thanks
Ron Smith
May 31, 2017, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithre6
Ray

I am really looking forward to flying and meeting new folks this weekend. Due to some family conflicts I will need to leave on Saturday at 1 pm. I am flying the electric longest flight and the ladder flight. I am thinking that those events are open launch all day but wanted to confirm. Can you please verify that for me?

Thanks
Ron Smith
Yep those two are open launch all day.

Quick Reply