Aug 03, 2017, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon fraser
Please get yourselves sorted out Hobbyking.
NEW YORK is saying I can't pre-order a 109, pay for it, and collect it at the UK show in September, But on Hobbykings own flyer for the same show, it clearly states that I can order, click and collect at the self same show on September 9th 2017.

See link on message #1490 above from Graemerh.

Like I said in my first message above, I am new to Hobbyking, and am now just trying to understand what version of the statments issued thus far is the real truth folks.

I am beginning to understand now why it is so hard to get any kind of worthwhile communication with Hobbyking.
I don't believe it's done on purpose. More that nobody is bothering to check facts and previous messages before they reply to a customer.
Please sort it out Hobbyking as it's hurting your future business.
There's nothing to sort out regarding this plane. You may be able to "order, click and collect" IN STOCK items but not an aircraft we don't even have in our office or warehouses yet. Fact checks and previous messages do not apply when an aircraft is not even in pre-order stages yet.

Rob
HK PS NY
Last edited by HobbyKing_CS; Aug 03, 2017 at 08:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2017, 08:47 PM
I just hope this wait is worth it. The long wait for the P-40N was a disappointment. I've been waiting for a decent BF109E for a while. If Hobbyking doesn't release it soon I'm sure one of the other companies will.
Aug 03, 2017, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC
There's nothing to sort out regarding this plane. You may be able to "order, click and collect" IN STOCK items but not an aircraft we don't even have in our office yet. Fact checks and previous messages do not apply when an aircraft is not even in pre-order stages yet.

Rob
HK PS NY
Restless natives Rob. Some folks have more patience than others. I think we can safely say that we are really looking forward to the Bf109E. And I'm equally keen on what HK makes available in the warehouses.
Aug 03, 2017, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon fraser
Why don't Hobbyking in New York know that ?!
Know what? The UK doesn't always tell us all their plans... likewise the UK office will not likely know what we're doing at say, NEAT Fair or Joe Nall. See post 1501.

When I said previously, "We don't sell at events" that is true 99% of the time. This event is an exception because it's being HELD at the warehouse and that of course opens up all kinds of possibilities.

Quote:
Were the new 109 models at the live event in the Netherlands?
No.

Believe me guys, no one here wants this plane more than me. When it's available... it will be available.

Rob
HK PS NY
Aug 03, 2017, 11:12 PM
This kind of wait though has gone too far. I tend to want to give companies slack when it comes to this kind of thing, because I understand there are complex logistics involved etc., but this is really beyond the pale by this point.

I had been thinking that HK just had a big hick up with their website problem, but this has all drawn out so long, the website is still screwed up, and now you have all of these models released with all this fanfare, and it's like a year and nothing. Again, some things are forgivable, but this is stretching into the realm of the opposite…

I will still buy stuff from Hobby King as long as the price is right. But I see more and more people who have already completely written them off for these reasons. You guys have lost customers hand over fist from what I can tell… (not blaming you individually obviously. Just saying, as a company...)
Aug 04, 2017, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graemerh
Were the new 109 models at the live event in the Netherlands?
Nope 😭
Latest blog entry: SR-71 for 2 x 70mm EDF
Aug 04, 2017, 06:38 AM
The constant emotive complaints regarding prolonged release leaves me amazed...

Certainly if it were available and could be released it would be on sale. I'm not sure what part of that people don't understand.

You could maybe display some patience, or just chill out and understand that when it arrives it can be bought. Simple.
Aug 04, 2017, 07:33 AM
Recalcitrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by The RC Bandit
Durafly Bf-109E 1100mm Announcement Daily - HobbyKing Daily (2 min 27 sec)

This was posted 29 Oct. 2016. Stuart stated that the model in front of him was a 'pre-production' example.
That was 279 days ago.
Aug 04, 2017, 07:59 AM
My response is not really "emotive" I don't think. More incredulous.. I'm starting to get merely a little amazed that a company can operate so poorly. The website debacle, then multiple models hyped up WAY too prematurely. Now you see pretty regularly on this forum people saying they've given up on HK because of parts supply(or lack of it..), or general irritation at waiting so long for one of these promised models, only to have it take so long, so they go and buy something else, and swear off HK for good..

I wouldn't even say I'm impatient. It's not that I want them to hurry up and get it out or something. I'm just kind of amazed how poorly organized everything seems.

As I said, I will continue to buy from HK as long as their pricing remains reasonable. I just won't believe them anymore when they release a plane and say "coming soon". At that you can just roll your eyes now. So it's not really a big enough deal to me for my response to be "emotive"... You're right - the plane will get here when it gets here. And I, as with all newly released RC products, will wait a bit to see how the first reviews go, and then maybe get one. But I will continue to wonder at the bungling nature of how HK runs things.. That website debacle is apparently not just an aberration...
Last edited by Herrsavage; Aug 04, 2017 at 08:09 AM.
Aug 04, 2017, 09:22 AM
I don't think they should announce new planes until they are about to hit. That would solve a lot of problems. My bigger beef with HK is that this 109 will be discontinued within months of arrival.

Some on here do sound as if they are personally hurt by the delay. Not naming anyone
Aug 04, 2017, 09:37 AM
Work hard, play hard
I was't willing to wait for the Avios Spit, but I've accepted the wait for this Emil. My biggest beef with HK has been the outrageous shipping prices, at least in the US. If the shipping is outrageous for the Emil. I probably won't get one, or at least not until HK reduces the price as the Emil goes OOP.

As a side note, over the last few months, I've been getting into significantly bigger warbirds and am really loving them. The 1100mm class of warbirds is having less appeal for me. Several months ago, I wudda snagged this plane as soon as it was released. Now, I'm starting to think, "Do I really need another 1100mm warbird?" I think that I do though, after all it is an Emil.
Aug 04, 2017, 09:40 AM
The sky is my playground.
And when it gets here, you'll have the rest of your life to enjoy it.

Good grief, some of you guys get really upset over toy airplanes. I'm just as excited as anyone, don't get me wrong but it'll get here eventually or it won't. Nothing I can do about it.
Aug 04, 2017, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJROTC
I just hope this wait is worth it. The long wait for the P-40N was a disappointment. I've been waiting for a decent BF109E for a while. If Hobbyking doesn't release it soon I'm sure one of the other companies will.
I'm relying on that at this point. (C'mon Flightline) Even after its released give it a year maybe two and good luck getting spare parts.
Aug 04, 2017, 01:49 PM
Der Schaum-Kriegsvogel Pilot
The one thing that surprises (annoys?) me is that HK will not tell us when this 109 will be released. Why the secrecy? Surely, they must know when it's going into production, right? I appreciate the nod to Stuart, and giving him credit, but why not tell us last year, that it's a year out?

I'm not complaining, I just don't understand why the release date is so shrouded in mystery...
Aug 04, 2017, 02:01 PM
Yup .... The unability for HK to give any ETA is what bugs me too ! As if they had no control at all in anything regarding that delivery

Same for the Avios Spit...

Quick Reply