pdf or plans and or parts lay out

for all of the 1/2A, 10-15, size Shrikes
I JUST FOUND THE 40 size
\Any help/ Please

thanks all
Dave
to remove ads between posts
Oct 29, 2016, 09:59 AM
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-...400-plans.html Might give you an idea. I think there is a 400 size one which would be the same? A Wonder or a Das Wunder are similar, and plans are around for them.
Oct 29, 2016, 12:02 PM
Rudder Only Lover
(deleted)
Last edited by GallopingGhostlr; Oct 29, 2016 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Not applicable.
Oct 29, 2016, 12:54 PM
Nitro User
I have a photo of the 1/2A plans
Oct 29, 2016, 02:54 PM

diferent from sig wonder?

how diferent do these fly compared to the sig wonder series?
Oct 29, 2016, 03:51 PM
Nitro User
As a delta with a tail it should be less pitchy and swept wing should add speed.
On landings the thing can come in at a higher AOA without stalling. AKA it's
a better design in theory. Looks better too.

Not my cup of tea though, I like long and lanky for better vis, faster top end
and less twitchy. However it you add rudder you can do acro with the delta
to add some fun such as flat spins.
Oct 29, 2016, 11:50 PM
Suspended Account
The Sig Wonder, easy to build, idiot proof to fly, handles like a trainer, an amazing agile little toy plane, everyone has to build one for heart pumping action:-)
Oct 30, 2016, 03:45 AM
Hope this helps.
Oct 31, 2016, 10:34 AM
Thanks, great plans. It looks like it may be easier in foam? My Wonder flies great now that the balance is where the plans call for. Really great. A bit hard to see when it gets far away, which it does quickly. Amp Abuser seems OK with little planes going fast, I guess I am getting old.
Oct 31, 2016, 12:19 PM
The last one looks like a Shrike Commander?
That's something else...
Oct 31, 2016, 01:25 PM
Rudder Only Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer_kris View Post
The last one looks like a Shrike Commander? That's something else...
Yes, it is the Shrike Commander twin engine transport. There is an interesting 30 inch (760 mm) wingspan flying wing design for .10 to .15 from February 1969 RCM magazine called, Lil Toad. It was originally for Galloping Ghost radio, but any modern 3 channel set up would work set up for elevons.

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5897
Nov 01, 2016, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterriley View Post
The Sig Wonder, easy to build, idiot proof to fly, handles like a trainer, an amazing agile little toy plane, everyone has to build one for heart pumping action:-)
Gotta be carful with high speeds though if you don't properly blunt the leading edge of the wing,.... they become so pitch unstable that once you cross the threshold there is no getting it back. My dad learned this the hard way twice with .25 powered Shrikes.
Nov 01, 2016, 05:15 PM
Suspended Account
That's true re the LE shape but the instructions/plans show what profile is needed, that's about as far as any manufacturer can go to get the builder/owner to make it correct for known flight.
Nov 01, 2016, 05:28 PM
Rudder Only Lover
Got a Sig Wonder given to me for free with a new, unbroken in Thunder Tiger Magnum .25GP. I replaced the engine with an Enya .15-III TV. The Wonder is a handful, at my age, I don't think I could handle the .25, soon I'll be flying Telemasters.
Nov 01, 2016, 08:09 PM
Suspended Account
The .25 would be too heavy, the Wonder wasn't designed for such a weight up front. My review model had a .25 equiv two stroke elect motor weighing a lot less yet still had lots of power/thrust if needed.
Most smaller models such as the Wonder actually become pigs/dogs when installed with heavier power-plants. A hot 09 or 15 is ample.

Quick Reply