Apr 15, 2019, 07:37 AM
FPV IT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmisuinas
I think it used to be $229? Anyway, on Amazon for $153 total with free Prime shipping...Pete M
No it was $350 and it's still over $350 on Amazon. But Horizon and other have it marked down to $199.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2019, 11:05 AM
Anybody out there tried spoilers with their Opterra?
Apr 15, 2019, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMZILLA
No it was $350 and it's still over $350 on Amazon. But Horizon and other have it marked down to $199.
My bad, I missed the "+ FPV" part in the original...Pete M
Apr 20, 2019, 06:11 AM
More gadgets please.
I modified the case. I drive a van so I can just slide the box in the back. The pod mount prevents me from closing the box and it was annoying that one wing went under the box. Not too convenient and I would slack on getting the kit back in the box if it requires too much effort to do so.
Anyway, this has worked well for me for transport. No hangar rash...yet!
Apr 21, 2019, 03:49 PM
Flip on Tech

Pixhawk 2.4.8 with PX4 Autopilot Stack

Finally got around to finishing the retrofit with the Pixhawk 2.4.8 loaded with PX4 Pro stack. I chose the built-in Buffalo FX-79 airframe. Other than calibrating the sensors, radio and power module, all parameters are stock. It could use some pitch PID adjustment to make the FPV view smoother but she flies decent as it is.

I have the SD switch on the Taranis X9D+ configured to add a 30% reflex since I launch it with the throttle off. I don't have much of a throwing arm any longer as in my youth and this is just enough to keep her afloat until I can react to give it full throttle. I also removed all the steel weights and fitted a 3S 8000 mAh LiPo. Just hated the idea of carrying dead weight. More info in the YouTube description.

Opterra 2m PNP with Pixhawk (4 min 1 sec)
Apr 29, 2019, 06:32 AM

Vector gain settings for Opterra?

Does anyone have some Vector gain settings for the Opterra they are willing to share? I just installed one and as a first time Vector user would appreciate any advice. Thanks
May 16, 2019, 04:41 PM
Stupid question:

My telemetry says my Rx battery voltage is 5.2... is that good?

If it's not good how do I change it (battery that is)

Thanks
May 16, 2019, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamerboy
Stupid question:

My telemetry says my Rx battery voltage is 5.2... is that good?

If it's not good how do I change it (battery that is)

Thanks

Rx voltage is regulated by the BEC. 5.2 is fine. Your telemetry won’t actually tell you the battery voltage. Unless you power your Rx off a separate battery pack. Usually a LiFe or NiCad. Otherwise you will only see the output from the BEC built in to the ESC, usually right around 5v.
May 17, 2019, 02:00 AM
Thank you
May 17, 2019, 10:29 AM
More gadgets please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzbill
Does anyone have some Vector gain settings for the Opterra they are willing to share? I just installed one and as a first time Vector user would appreciate any advice. Thanks
No more than 30% is needed on my Opterra. It will handle up to like 70% in straight flight but I notice in the turns it wants to stall from over-controlling if you are above like 25%.
I would launch it around 30% with Gyro on
Last edited by pete914; May 17, 2019 at 10:38 AM.
May 21, 2019, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete914
No more than 30% is needed on my Opterra. It will handle up to like 70% in straight flight but I notice in the turns it wants to stall from over-controlling if you are above like 25%.
I would launch it around 30% with Gyro on
Thanks. Will try them out.

Quick Reply