This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 27, 2016, 06:44 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

It works!

Just over a month ago, I posted this blog entry regarding the assembly of a small AM/FM pocket radio kit from Banggood.com.

Without instructions, at least in English.

Thankfully, the instruction sheet had a schematic and the PC board was marked in English. I also had some online help in the guise of a time lapse assembly video, linked on the original blog.

I'm truly pleased to say that this grandfather/grandson project actually works! It didn't at first, but when you have a friend who happens to be a broadcast engineer, it didn't take long for him to find my one wiring mistake. I'd simply soldered the negative power wire to the wrong pad.

Pictures on the way soon! In the meantime, here's the Banggood ordering page for anyone wishing to do something truly fun on a wet afternoon:

http://www.banggood.com/DIY-CF210SP-...content=227735
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Oct 28, 2016 at 01:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2016, 09:06 PM
Wow have you been busy since we last communicated. It's around this time of year that I get back into flying. Living in the same place you do i don't like to fly my planes in the heat or wind. I recently bought myself a Syma X5C to quell my flying urge. Maybe see you out at Southwest this season.
Nov 01, 2016, 09:42 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Hi, stranger!

Hoping to make it out there soon. Great place to fly, but it's either been too windy or it's been the site of special events.

Quick Reply