Eachine Pioneer E350 - full review / mods / owners' thread - Page 4 - RC Groups
Dec 24, 2016, 03:21 AM
i know. some recommend 8ms rtl speed because of it.
but the flying pattern i talked about was something like the ine in the video above
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2016, 02:35 PM
"Life is a minestrone."
Just to put my question to rest, I got a replacement switch and while replacing it, looked at the wiring of the transmitter closely. I found, that even though the placement of the connectors look symmetrical, the wire colors are inverted from side-to-side. So, when I inserted the switch (left) I made to color pattern the opposite of the right side switch.

I flew this morning and it seems as if it is all in order, so I am glad to report that this issue is put to rest. Now... back to regular programming!

Thanks for the help, and advice everyone! Happy New Year flying!

Phi_in_CA
Dec 31, 2016, 12:22 AM
Hi All, I bought one of these quads with the telemetry option. The first flight I had it connected to the Android Tower app. All was well was getting some nice info on my phone then I thought I would give the follow me option a go so I pressed follow me on Tower. This caused the motors to be disarmed and the quad instantly fell from around 15m, hit the ground and smashing one of the arms to pieces. Just thought I'd add this comment to save others from heart ache.

Tom
Dec 31, 2016, 09:25 AM
I haven't tested the "Follow me" option... but then I've had problems with the Android applications before and I tend to stay away from them!
Dec 31, 2016, 09:32 AM
GOT WINGS
Can anyone confirm if the buttons on the transmitter labelled Mode 1 and Mode 2 actually change thte transmitter from Mode 1 to 2?
Dec 31, 2016, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusflier
Can anyone confirm if the buttons on the transmitter labelled Mode 1 and Mode 2 actually change thte transmitter from Mode 1 to 2?
Not sure if they do... but in any case you would need to adjust the sticks also!
Dec 31, 2016, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel
I haven't tested the "Follow me" option... but then I've had problems with the Android applications before and I tend to stay away from them!
Just found a Chinese version of Droidplanner PlayUAV, it was mentioned on the Banggood product page. I'll see how I go with that when my replacement shell arrives. I'll also see how Droidplanner 2 goes as I think the PlayUAV version is based on it.

Tom
Dec 31, 2016, 08:29 PM
GOT WINGS
SeByDocky wrote that you can change from mode 1 to mode 2 and would just have to move the stick spring. It's important right now because Banggood only has the mode 1 with telemetry in stock. That's why I asked. Changing the spring would not be hard if the transmitter actually changes to mode 2 from mode 1.
Jan 04, 2017, 02:12 PM
i crashed my drone 3 days ago (tried to calibrate trims in auto) and managed to repair the arm with epoxy, cotton wool, fabric and electrical tape. this works fine. i will order a new bodyshell later.

the issue i got after crash - compass started to behave strangely. if i oriented the quad to the east - it was ok, but when i rotated it to the opposite direction or north or south - the declination was something like 40 degrees off. Live calibration in mission planner didnt help ar all. But it did fine before the crash.
There were severe toilet bowling and inadequate behavior in the gps based modes too.

i tried resetting the fc but it didnt help. Then i updated the firmware in mission planner , but i lost the ability to use the stock telemetry module. it just couldn t connect to my pc.

i remembered that cheerson cx-20 had a fc from the same manufacturer - globalfly (v2, eachine has v3 model), so it has similar connecting features with radio telemetry modules. non standard port's pinout or something. i accidently found this video
Cheerson CX-20 - COME AGGIORNARE IL FIRMWARE PER LA TELEMETRIA (5 min 51 sec)

there is a link to the modded 3.2.1 cheerson firmware wich can work with a telemetry module!
moreover, it has fixed the issues with log downloading!
Jan 04, 2017, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdshell
i crashed my drone 3 days ago (tried to calibrate trims in auto) and managed to repair the arm with epoxy, cotton wool, fabric and electrical tape. this works fine. i will order a new bodyshell later.

the issue i got after crash - compass started to behave strangely. if i oriented the quad to the east - it was ok, but when i rotated it to the opposite direction or north or south - the declination was something like 40 degrees off. Live calibration in mission planner didnt help ar all. But it did fine before the crash.
There were severe toilet bowling and inadequate behavior in the gps based modes too.

i tried resetting the fc but it didnt help. Then i updated the firmware in mission planner , but i lost the ability to use the stock telemetry module. it just couldn t connect to my pc.

i remembered that cheerson cx-20 had a fc from the same manufacturer - globalfly (v2, eachine has v3 model), so it has similar connecting features with radio telemetry modules. non standard port's pinout or something. i accidently found this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw9tmxA5jfw&t=35s
there is a link to the modded 3.2.1 cheerson firmware wich can work with a telemetry module!
moreover, it has fixed the issues with log downloading!
Sorry about your crash! Is it possible the compass got damaged in the crash? Or a cable is damaged?
Jan 04, 2017, 02:23 PM
and about gps shielding.
i did some experiments -
1) shileding with addition of copper tape + grounding to the ps reciever's negative wire:
- a lot of 3dlock reconnects, poor fix stability
2)shileding with addition of copper tape + grounding to the battery negative wire:
-no significant effects vs. stock emi shielding fabric
3)shileding with addition of copper tape
Jan 04, 2017, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel
Sorry about your crash! Is it possible the compass got damaged in the crash? Or a cable is damaged?
damn. i forgot what i was going to write in the end!

after i flashed this cheerson's custom firmware , everything came into the order. ofcourse after that i uploaded a backup with my settings i made before the crash, re calibrated gyro and radio.
Jan 04, 2017, 02:36 PM
some footage from firefly 6s.
before the crash:
2017 0101 143801 017 (5 min 58 sec)

this one i did today. -15 and strong winds, a lot of jello.
2017 0104 142935 024 (4 min 44 sec)

it seems the motors survived undamaged, i didnt get any additional vibrations. but still i had to dissemble one motor so i could get rid of dirt inside which got there after the crash.
Jan 05, 2017, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdshell
and about gps shielding.
i did some experiments -
1) shileding with addition of copper tape + grounding to the ps reciever's negative wire:
- a lot of 3dlock reconnects, poor fix stability
2)shileding with addition of copper tape + grounding to the battery negative wire:
3)shileding with addition of copper tape
so which is the best method, i'm newbie so i don't understand much
Jan 05, 2017, 05:56 AM
leave it as it is.