Dec 18, 2016, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdshell
this one
I don't have a cable like this... but I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it! You should plug it into one of the flight controller output ports, but you will also need to set that output channel to pass through the signal from the receiver for that channel through mission planner.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2016, 03:09 AM
maybe i could use the gimbal signal port, but i have to make some kind of adapter then...
Dec 18, 2016, 02:17 PM
btw , the rear usb port is inactive.

and beware of plugging usb with a main battery being hooked up. i heard it can burn the fc..
Dec 19, 2016, 12:55 AM
In theory it shoudn't burn out the FC... at least it has never happened to me, and I've been dealing with APM and Pixhawk flight controllers ever since they have existed!

You could use one of the gimbal control channels for this, yes! Since you don't really need to adjust the roll angle of the gimbal... possibly you can use that channel for the camera control! Did you test that cable actually to verify it is working as it should?
Dec 19, 2016, 03:23 PM
no, i havent dismantled the quad yet. i am still waiting for 3m antivibration foam from banggod.

and i have found the source of these "whoas" from SeBy DocKy review
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...onstruction%29

Eachine Pioneer E350 first demo flight (Courtesy Banggood) (15 min 22 sec)

the parameter WPNAV_LOIT_JERK has to be lowered from 1000 to 900-800 , it controls how fast the quad returns to horizontal position
Dec 19, 2016, 10:58 PM
Hi, everyone, thanks for all the reviews of Eachine Pioneer E350. I'm a newbie at this forum, and yesterday I've ordered this quadcopter. Hope it arrives before Christmas, which is conveniently on January 7th at my place.

My question: what would you recommend for FPV with OSD setup? I like Eachine MC-02 allinone camera a lot, but I assume it needs to be installed inside the quad, and I have no idea, how I can hook up telemetry information from FC as OSD.

Oh, and i have ordered an Eachine 2D gimbal. Maybe I should go with FPV TX which hooks up to action cam directly via USB Tv out?

What would you recommend?
Dec 19, 2016, 11:54 PM
Hi everyone, thank you very much for the great reviews. Your feedback helped me to make my mind - yesterday I've ordered an Eachine E350. Hope it will arrive before Christmas, which is conveniently on January 7th at my place

I need to ask an advice about FPV system. I want to make an OSD FPV setup, but not sure which way i should go.
I have ordered an Eachine 2D gimbal, so one logical way is to buy an Actioncam, and hook up a transmitter to USB TV out. On the other hand, i'll be stuck with gimbal on my quadcopter for the entire time then.
Eachine MC02 is my total favorite as a compact FPV system, but i think it needs to be installed inside the quadcopter. Since it's a caseless camera, i think installing it under the belly of the quadcopter is not a good idea. What would you recommend?

In both cases, is there a way to hook up an OSD stream from FC telemetry? What do i need for that?

Thanks in advance for your kind replies, and apologize for duplicate post - first one was on moderator's check
Last edited by dovcharov; Dec 20, 2016 at 08:31 AM.
Dec 20, 2016, 02:13 PM
you can order eachine 600mw vtx with a inbuilt osd as i did (still waiting for arrival), but i dont know how it will affect the quad's other systems....

as for power, 200mw should be fine with a good patch antenna i think
Dec 20, 2016, 09:49 PM
I checked yt videos for Eachine OSD5840 TX, it's functionality is pretty small. It only displays channel, voltage and flight time.
Guys from russian RC forum recommend me to look into minimosd, which is a recommended OSD board for APM FCs. But I will need to think, how to hook it up to non-standard telemetry port of Eachine E350
Dec 21, 2016, 05:48 PM
"Life is a minestrone."

Help with switch orientation...

Hello,
I got ham-fisted and dropped my stock E350 transmitter. The handle (toggle) on the left hand side switch broke off, and I have ordered a replacement switch. I failed to take a picture of the body of the switch before I removed it from the transmitter... yeah, not smart.

My question is, is there someone here who has their transmitter box open or would be willing to open their box and can you tell me if the color pattern for the wires on the two switches is the same, or reversed? In other words, the wires on the switches use the same colors and appear to be in the same order when viewed from the open back, but since I did not image the back before I removed the broken switch, I can't verify that my supposition is true or not.

Both the switches have matching color wires, are installed in the same way (mirror images) and both plug into the board in mirror image fashion, so I would be tempted to guess that the colors match up, too. So, which color is closest and which is farthest. It's either white, black, red (with red toward the front of the transmitter and white toward the back) or red, black, white ( with the white closest to the front of the transmitter and red toward the back).

The left switch is for:
"Stabilize" (toggle pushed forward / down)
"Altitude" (toggle in middle position)
"Head lock" (toggle pulled back position / up)

Would there be a way to verify which of the wires are "connected" for "Stabilize" vs. "Head lock"? Of course, the middle position is NC (not connected). I have thought about this puzzle, and I guess I could just use a "clip" to connect the common wire (it's black) to one and then the other to see how it flies; one wire is white and the other is red. BUT, I am a newbie and I really do not want to experiment with this while my E350 is flying...

A picture would be worth a 1,000 words on this subject....... too bad my brain failed me this time... I guess I was too pissed at myself for dropping the transmitter in the first place!
Dec 22, 2016, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovcharov
I checked yt videos for Eachine OSD5840 TX, it's functionality is pretty small. It only displays channel, voltage and flight time.
Guys from russian RC forum recommend me to look into minimosd, which is a recommended OSD board for APM FCs. But I will need to think, how to hook it up to non-standard telemetry port of Eachine E350
Actually the connector is a pretty standard 5-pin 1.25mm JST connector which the APM uses anyway and most telemetry units come equipped with. If you can get a hold of one of those, you can easily wire the OSD and use it.
Dec 22, 2016, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_in_CA
The left switch is for:
"Stabilize" (toggle pushed forward / down)
"Altitude" (toggle in middle position)
"Head lock" (toggle pulled back position / up)
http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f135/thread...ml#post6729921
i am not sure if it will help though...
Dec 23, 2016, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Maybe zippy compact 5000 will fit with some minor modification pf battery bay. It s 45 mm high
It fits. Check this video (in russian though). The guy fits Zippy Compact 5000mah 25C into the bay without any mods (check 6:19). At 14:09 flight time is measured - 12minutes @ stock 2200mah, 21 minutes @ Zippy 5000

BTW, in this video guy mentiones, that Chinese packagers mixed the propellers in the box, and have put 3 CW and only 1 CCW propeller. He had to open the case, and use his own propellers for the video.
Last edited by dovcharov; Dec 23, 2016 at 07:52 AM.
Dec 23, 2016, 03:14 PM
but these flight times are without any load. and 12 mins without any load... thats strange, i got almost 11 mins with full gear i mentioned above with a stock battery, but it wasnt just hovering
Dec 24, 2016, 01:56 AM
Quote:
but these flight times are without any load. and 12 mins without any load... thats strange, i got almost 11 mins with full gear i mentioned above with a stock battery, but it wasnt just hovering
This may come as a surprise to some people, but in most cases flying the copter around at a certain speed actually consumes less amps from the battery than when hovering in one place.