Eachine Pioneer E350 - full review / mods / owners' thread - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 14, 2016, 12:02 PM
Btw, i am going to huy at9s transmitter for another build. It has Telemetry module prm-02 sold separately . They say, it is pixhawk/apm compatible. What do you think? Will it work with pioneer's fc?
And about tinkering with the fc 's default settings.. I heard when you do so with walkera 350 pro, its fc goes nuts. It is a some variation of apm as well
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2016, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdshell
Maybe zippy compact 5000 will fit with some minor modification pf battery bay. It s 45 mm high
Hmm... you will have to verify this... I will be able to check it tomorrow morning at the earliest... but I am not sure if the battery will fit in width through the opening.

Quote:
Btw, i am going to huy at9s transmitter for another build. It has Telemetry module prm-02 sold separately . They say, it is pixhawk/apm compatible. What do you think? Will it work with pioneer's fc?
And about tinkering with the fc 's default settings.. I heard when you do so with walkera 350 pro, its fc goes nuts. It is a some variation of apm as well
A receiver for that radio should be easily connected, especially if it has PPM out. I am not sure how that telemetry module works, and what for... if it was made to receive the APM telemetry and forward it down to the radio, that sounds great, but I am not familiar with the system, so I cannot comment.

The Walkera FC is weird and made like this on purpose. The APM in the Pioneer is not like that, I've changed things around and then back to default and it works just fine!
Nov 14, 2016, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel
Hmm... you will have to verify this... I will be able to check it tomorrow morning at the earliest... but I am not sure if the battery will fit in width through the opening.
please check, maybe some minor filing will do. you mentioned 42mm x 33mm x 170mm on your yt channel.

zippy's verified dimensions and weight

ZIPPY Compact 5000mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack (1 min 34 sec)

371g, 45mm-23mm-160mm
the only issue - it has to be resoldered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel
A receiver for that radio should be easily connected, especially if it has PPM out. I am not sure how that telemetry module works, and what for... if it was made to receive the APM telemetry and forward it down to the radio, that sounds great, but I am not familiar with the system, so I cannot comment.
it do has ppm connector. and the telemetry module connects to the receiver's dedicated port and then hooks up to the fc. all the flight data (gps pos, speed, voltages...) shows on the transmitter's lcd. no osd module needed.
Nov 14, 2016, 12:57 PM
Quote:
please check, maybe some minor filing will do. you mentioned 42mm x 33mm x 170mm on your yt channel.

zippy's verified dimensions and weight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M38cchhmDU
371g, 45mm-23mm-160mm
the only issue - it has to be resoldered

it do has ppm connector. and the telemetry module connects to the receiver's dedicated port and then hooks up to the fc. all the flight data (gps pos, speed, voltages...) shows on the transmitter's lcd. no osd module needed.
It would appear you will need to do some filing to the sides of the battery opening, because the battery is 2-3mm wider than the openinig.

As for the radio... that is a nice thing they are selling, really convenient. I have the same module compatible my FrSky receivers, but I've bought it from some guys in Spain... and it is not an official FrSky product.
Nov 17, 2016, 04:14 PM
some clone
http://mysku.ru/blog/china-stores/32365.html
Nov 17, 2016, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Its not a clone but more of a variation manufactured in the same factory for some other customer!
Nov 17, 2016, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Я было обрадовался наличию порта TELEM. Там и правда оказался UART. Но не тот. У APM2.5.2 выведен UART2 (Serial3), а здесь выведен Serial2. Телеметрия в него не выводится и подключить радиомодем пока не удалось. Ищу способ скомпилировать прошивку так, чтобы можно было подключить радиомодем 3DR через Serial2. Штатно такой функции в прошивке нету.
Но и это еще не все. Распиновка разъема телеметрии в точности зеркальная по сравнению с родным APM2.5. Хотя разъем 5-пиновый точно такой же. Если смотреть сверху, на фотографии слева направо GND, NC, Rx, Tx, Vcc (+5V).
in short:

-APM2.5.2 has UART2 (Serial3), this one - serial2 instead. i dont know what does it mean. generic apm radio telemetry module will not work i think. only the 'original' from eachine

-telemetry port's pinout is mirrored against apm
Nov 17, 2016, 11:59 PM
Quote:
in short:

-APM2.5.2 has UART2 (Serial3), this one - serial2 instead. i dont know what does it mean. generic apm radio telemetry module will not work i think. only the 'original' from eachine

-telemetry port's pinout is mirrored against apm
I will have to check with my regular APM, but as long as you can match the pinout you can use any telemtry unit, not necessary to buy this particular one for the Pioneer. However if you don't have any telemetry units, that one is nice becuase its plug-n-play without connector rewiring and it costs about the same as other telemetry kits.
Nov 24, 2016, 03:44 PM
The Pioneer E350 is on sale for another 2 days.
Dec 05, 2016, 06:47 AM
OK guys, here is a quick video how to easily balance props and motors together using Mission Planner and the telemetry unit. I hope you find it useful!

Eachine Pioneer E350 - balancing prop/motor combo (6 min 20 sec)
Dec 14, 2016, 03:55 AM
is there any possibility to map the onboard beeper to the transmitter's switch?
Dec 14, 2016, 04:59 AM
Quote:
is there any possibility to map the onboard beeper to the transmitter's switch?
I am not sure this would be possible... but I guess you could add another beeper and map that to a switch on the transmitter.
Dec 17, 2016, 11:15 AM
Arxangel, i have 2 videocables for firefly 6s:
-the stock 1 simple video output
-the second - has a control wire. do you know how to connect it so i could switch between camera modes and take vids/pics?

should i stick it into the 6th channel here
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/640282DSCF3589.jpg
and do some magic in the mission planner?

btw, i flied today in quite harsh conditions (~10 m/s winds, 0 C, fog and small rain) and got 11 mins of flight time on the stock battery. The only mods i did - covered all vent holes, so the battery could stay warm.
-firefly in the stock waterbox,
-foxeer 1177 fpv cam
-aomway clover vtx antenna
-aomway mini vtx 200mw
-eachine telemetry module
Last edited by birdshell; Dec 17, 2016 at 11:21 AM.
Dec 17, 2016, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Arxangel, i have 2 videocables for firefly 6s:
-the stock 1 simple video output
-the second - has a control wire. do you know how to connect it so i could switch between camera modes and take vids/pics?

should i stick it into the 6th channel here
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/640282DSCF3589.jpg
and do some magic in the mission planner?
Can you take a photo of that second cable? I don't think I got a cable like this with mine!
Dec 17, 2016, 01:32 PM
this one