Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor

First Look - The Skywalker EVE-2000 - RCGroups Review

We've got the big and (arguably) beautiful EVE-2000, available from Banggood! Join us as editor Matt Gunn takes a close look at this foam behemoth.

Splash

Unboxing the EVE Before the Review

I recently reported on the announcement of the newest foam FPV aircraft to wear the coveted Skywalker name: the EVE-2000. It's a big foam twin airplane with enough room inside for just about any sized LiPo(s) and on-board electronics that you can stuff in there. The EVE-2000 can serve multiple purposes; it's equally at home flying FPV missions for fun, or hauling a downward-facing camera for mapping.

Banggood supplied me with the Skywalker EVE-2000, and after doing my homework, I'm confident that they have the best deal on this plane at the moment: the price is currently set at $239 for the electronics-included package, and that's with free shipping. Let's take a closer look at the EVE-2000, before I get rolling on the full review.

CLICK HERE for the Skywalker EVE-2000 from Banggood.

Parts List:

Review Video

Unboxing the Skywalker EVE 2000 - RCGroups Review (14 min 59 sec)

Photos:

Stay tuned for the full review of the Skywalker EVE-2000, with the Eagle Tree Vector at the flight controls.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Oct 28, 2016 at 08:43 AM..
Old Oct 30, 2016, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by xtrmtrk
KI7CBF
Looks promising!

The instruction sheet linked from the Banggood site says it has parachute landing. Are any of the parts for that included?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmtrk View Post
Looks promising!

The instruction sheet linked from the Banggood site says it has parachute landing. Are any of the parts for that included?
Nope. Nothing parachute related is included. Maybe that bottom plate could be an anchor point? Not sure though.
Administrator
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by typicalaimster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn View Post
Nope. Nothing parachute related is included. Maybe that bottom plate could be an anchor point? Not sure though.
You can also look into the Skywalker landing gear. It's on FPVModel and a few other places that sell the Skywalker. That will turn the Eve into a tail dragger. You may have to beef up the bottom plate a little. Similar to what's done on the Anaconda.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 12:21 PM
RCGroups Editor
wow. that looks really clean!
Administrator
Old Oct 31, 2016, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by Blucross
Gravity is a cruel mistress...
Looks good, great review as always! One correction though, banggood.com shows that the PNP version (electronics included) is $319.99 and the $239.99 version is airframe only.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2016, 03:22 AM
Find More Posts by erkq
Looks great! Why would they use 3 bladed on a long endurance plane? With no landing gear clearance can't be a problem. Don't they want the max efficiency?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2016, 10:21 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Looks great! Why would they use 3 bladed on a long endurance plane? With no landing gear clearance can't be a problem. Don't they want the max efficiency?
Good point. Utilizing a 2 blade might be the way to go, for efficiency and ease of propeller balancing.
Administrator
Old Nov 02, 2016, 10:52 AM
Find More Posts by erkq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn View Post
Good point. Utilizing a 2 blade might be the way to go, for efficiency and ease of propeller balancing.
I tried to find the distance between the motor mount and fuse. I wonder if an 11 or 12 inch two bladed would fit. It sure looks like this would give a Mytwindream a run for its money. I've got a 1200 acre mapping mission in my future. I could run this with a Pixhawk 2.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2016, 01:32 PM
Quote:
I tried to find the distance between the motor mount and fuse. I wonder if an 11 or 12 inch two bladed would fit.
You have 180mm from the center of the motor to the root of the wing where it joins the fuse. So we're talking ~7 inches on one side. Probably a max of a 14" prop if you wanted to go crazy. At 7-3/8" you WILL hit the fuse.
Last edited by typicalaimster; Nov 02, 2016 at 01:42 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2016, 01:56 PM
Find More Posts by erkq
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
You have 180mm from the center of the motor to the root of the wing where it joins the fuse. So we're talking ~7 inches on one side. Probably a max of a 14" prop if you wanted to go crazy. At 7-3/8" you WILL hit the fuse.
Thank you for that. Very nice! Yeah... 14" would be pretty huge on a 28XX motor. I'm looking at the 650kv 2825 Motrolfly on 6S swinging an 11x7 if it's not too heavy. It is bigger than the suggested 2815 but I'd like to swing a big prop on 6S. That would let me use my multirotor batteries in it with good eficiency.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2016, 08:48 PM
Quote:
That would let me use my multirotor batteries in it with good eficiency.
I'd venture to say at even 4s you could probably use a Multistar 10,000mah pack with the 'PnP' bundle. Seeing the packs have a 200amp capacity for 10 seconds. That's long enough to take off and get to a parking altitude.

The ESC's provided are 40a. So at most you'd be pulling 80 amps before you fried something. The motors they provide are also 2816/10 650kv. What sucks is you can't find any specs on a 2816/10 motor out there. Seems like they did a custom motor for this plane. They also provide you with 10x6 3 blade props. Usually the 3 blade rule is Prop Down, Pitch UP. I'm also curious what an 11x7, 11x6, 11x5 combo would do on this with the factory motors. For now I plan on testing with stock stuff until I can get telemetry data in hand.

I think the only thing limiting motor size is the motor mount itself. You just have to make sure it fits on their standoffs.
Old Nov 02, 2016, 09:18 PM
Find More Posts by erkq
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
I'd venture to say at even 4s you could probably use a Multistar 10,000mah pack with the 'PnP' bundle. Seeing the packs have a 200amp capacity for 10 seconds. That's long enough to take off and get to a parking altitude.

The ESC's provided are 40a. So at most you'd be pulling 80 amps before you fried something. The motors they provide are also 2816/10 650kv. What sucks is you can't find any specs on a 2816/10 motor out there. Seems like they did a custom motor for this plane. They also provide you with 10x6 3 blade props. Usually the 3 blade rule is Prop Down, Pitch UP. I'm also curious what an 11x7, 11x6, 11x5 combo would do on this with the factory motors. For now I plan on testing with stock stuff until I can get telemetry data in hand.

I think the only thing limiting motor size is the motor mount itself. You just have to make sure it fits on their standoffs.
Thanks again for that. Good info.

If running a Pixhawk setup (that I have a lot of experience with), part of the telemetry that can be sent back through both the telemetry radio and the minimOSD is amp draw, so that could be monitored.

What do you think of the stock servos on their PnP plane?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2016, 01:28 AM
Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Gaftopher
How does it fly Matt?? Friend has one here, we will be putting an APM in it. I have not actually seen it yet!
Old Nov 03, 2016, 08:30 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer View Post
How does it fly Matt?? Friend has one here, we will be putting an APM in it. I have not actually seen it yet!
Still building her out. Should be ready for the maiden next week. I'm optimistic!
Administrator