Oct 27, 2016, 04:38 AM
Crash,fly,crash again....
Thread OP
Alert

Hobbyking is updating its website!Coupon!

Hobbyking is updating its website right now and it will be back in 3 hours. They also put a coupon code on there named "BERIGHTBACK"
that will give you 5% off Hobbyking items if you use it before Monday. Just wanted to let you guys know!
Bye!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2016, 01:39 PM
Simon

Updating? Screwing It up More Like.

I would not visit the HobbyKing site right now. It is insecure and could be under attack - I'm getting a DDoS warning for the UK site and the US site has problems with its SSL certificate. I certainly would not log on to it.
Oct 27, 2016, 04:50 PM
slats move, slots don't
Can't login to the new site anyway, useless.
Oct 27, 2016, 10:06 PM
Magician
I reckon there was a technical glitch after the deployment, it seems OK to me now. New site on Magento, full of features should be. Only thing I would concern is it is an open source platform so techs need to be up to date all the time to avoid getting hacked. I really don't want to see my details been leaked out.
Oct 28, 2016, 12:19 AM
well I just got the usual big ol' F.U from HK like usual after being in a chat for over an hour arguing and getting absolutely no where, the quanum v2 pro goggle close to DOUBLED in price with the website update after they were in my cart already when the site went down and they aren't doing a damn thing, won't even consider it's an error, even thought the cyclops and visionplus are only less then $10 more now so there's 1 hint, then the original v2 show they can be had for as low as $27 like they should be but when you click on it you only get the UK or something warehouse option and it's now $56...even $2 more bucks than the new expensive v2 pro price???....
Oct 28, 2016, 05:52 AM
Crash,fly,crash again....
Thread OP
Yeah, the website is acting weird for me too. It keeps refreshing itself...
And I can't search for products
Oct 28, 2016, 06:00 AM
Simon
Time to check out new suppliers - for me in the U.K. - there's not much I can't get here but I did like the H.K. web site - not any more and I don't trust their security now. They are using CloudFlare and that company has its reputation on the floor right now.
Oct 28, 2016, 06:11 AM
Same for me.
I went to order a plane today from the UK warehouse and the shipping has trebled with the upgrade of the website. Seems the only upgrade is the prices. Oh and its cheaper now to ship from the International warehouse than the local one. Go figure!

Steve
Oct 31, 2016, 06:36 PM
Well you have got to be F'ing kidding me!!!

Of course HK has more than enough time on their hands to worry about changing the outline around the pages to a Halloween theme over fixing prices!!!!
Nov 29, 2016, 12:44 PM
Will it ever happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyme
Time to check out new suppliers - for me in the U.K. - there's not much I can't get here but I did like the H.K. web site - not any more and I don't trust their security now. They are using CloudFlare and that company has its reputation on the floor right now.
You could try Wheelspin in the U.K. fast delivery and reasonable prices.
Nov 29, 2016, 01:18 PM
Simon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMenter
You could try Wheelspin in the U.K. fast delivery and reasonable prices.
My favourite UK retailer Pete, I'm on first name terms with some of the staff I get in touch so often - if they were close enough to visit I'd probably be bankrupt by now! As it is, I'll be driving out of the way every time I visit my in-laws in Lancashire just so I can drop in and browse.

There's a whole lot of stuff that Wheelspin don't supply however and this is usually covered at HobbyKing - Turnigy batteries for instance - much better value than the batteries at Wheelspin.

The HobbyKing site is getting better but it is still difficult to use. I am still not confident enough to buy from HobbyKing again yet if their web site is an indicator of what might be expected from the company.

Quick Reply