Oct 27, 2016, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber View Post
They both look like they might work, thanks guys.

Is the Floureon H101 the same as the Eachine H8S? I saw both of them discussed in the same firmware mod thread. Or maybe they are different hardware but have similar modded firmware available. Banggood carries the X100 and H8S, but not the H101.

I have a regular H8 that I haven't flown in a while, seemed like it was pretty zippy for a micro quad. I will have to dust it off and fly it some more, if I still like it I will order the H8S, if it's the same as the H101. If it's not the same I may go with the XK because it may have better parts availability than the Floureon.

I really need to get an indoor inverted orientation trainer set up. I can do fine on the sim, but when I get outside I often dumb thumb inverted nose out for some reason.
I find the Floureon a better all around flyer. I probably have a dozen I get them when they go on a flash sale special for $8.

Another thing with the XK is the motors are loose in the holders and usually require mods to keep them from flying out when crashing or doing 3D. Good luck whatever you do......3D is fun.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2016, 03:12 AM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
I just ordered the Eachine H8S 3D (Floureon H101) from Banggood. They had it 48% off for $12.99 for the next couple of days. eBay was $20+.

Yep 3D is fun. It would be more fun if I had confidence in all 8 orientations, not just 7 of them, lol. I've decided to put a V911 tail boom and fin on it to make inverted orientation training more visually realistic. You don't have to use the motor holder with the V911 tail fin so it should be pretty light. I'm hoping the FBL will help keep it level so I don't have to counter weight it.

Now I I need to learn how to upgrade the firmware. I suppose you solder on leads and use a toolstick. I've got AVR toolsticks around here and have had an ARM one on order for a couple of weeks. I hope one of them is the correct one.
Last edited by BirdBarber; Oct 27, 2016 at 03:53 AM.
Oct 27, 2016, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber View Post
I just ordered the Eachine H8S 3D (Floureon H101) from Banggood. They had it 48% off for $12.99 for the next couple of days. eBay was $20+.

Yep 3D is fun. It would be more fun if I had confidence in all 8 orientations, not just 7 of them, lol. I've decided to put a V911 tail boom and fin on it to make inverted orientation training more visually realistic. You don't have to use the motor holder with the V911 tail fin so it should be pretty light. I'm hoping the FBL will help keep it level so I don't have to counter weight it.

Now I I need to learn how to upgrade the firmware. I suppose you solder on leads and use a toolstick. I've got AVR toolsticks around here and have had an ARM one on order for a couple of weeks. I hope one of them is the correct one.
Yup. Very easy process to turn the cheap quads to 3d.
Oct 27, 2016, 11:58 AM
So who recalls their first flight attempts thinking ok no problem. Got a good hover going now lets fly and then wth just happened!

Over and over. Then thinking that "I'll never get this, ever! It's so hard." Crash after crash...

Then one day you just start flying with more ease.

I forgot how bad I was. My wife reminds me how I literally would crash every 15 to 20 seconds all winter last year when learning.

I forgot that. It's a nice reminder for how far I've come. I never ever thought I could fly.

And yes, there is so much to learn after basic forward flight. I have to stay patient and remember how bad the beginning days were.
Oct 27, 2016, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
So who recalls their first flight attempts thinking ok no problem. Got a good hover going now lets fly and then wth just happened!

Over and over. Then thinking that "I'll never get this, ever! It's so hard." Crash after crash...

I forgot how bad I was. My wife reminds me how I literally would crash every 15 to 20 seconds all winter last year when learning.

I forgot that. It's a nice reminder for how far I've come. I never ever thought I could fly.

And yes, there is so much to learn after basic forward flight. I have to stay patient and remember how bad the beginning days were.
Ha!!!!! put me down for all these, also the one when your wife says " I hear you crashing in there".
Oct 27, 2016, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post

so true ..my most memorable moment was looking down at rx to change it back to 3G (as it felt under contrlol and must be on 6G ) to see it was on 3G ....lol like leaning to swim without armbands ..I was probably more chuffed at that than my fist flip lol
Oct 27, 2016, 02:06 PM
Certifiable
I bashed my SCP over and over and over again trying to move up from a V911. It was criminal what I did to that heli! Now, if I could only get inverted flight down with my nCPx fleet. In the sim, it's no problem, but IRL, can't figure it out. :-(

How does the K110 compare to the nCPx? I love the way the nCPx handles but the boards don't tolerate repeated crashes.
Oct 27, 2016, 02:54 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
The K110 reads minds compared to a Nano CPX, it's that good. By far the best handling heli ever made. Even big heli guys that hated mircos admit it's very stable, good handling and intuitive to fly. It's also very tough and has insanely cheap parts. Crashes are less then 10 cents each, and down time is almost non-existent. I've got a pile of dead nCPX, MCPX and MCPX BL main boards, but I haven't heard of people ever damaging a K110 main board or ESC in a crash, other than pulling the battery wires off when the battery goes flying across the yard during a tail first crash.

It's like going from balancing a marble on the back of a bowl to the back of a plate.

A Nano was my first CP heli and I did my first 3D on one. While people would like more power in the K110, it has way more power than even a Nano CPX brushless converion. If you want power, the HiSky HCP100S has insane power, very few people use full throttle, but it is only as stable as a Nano, and it's tail handles much worse.
Last edited by BirdBarber; Oct 27, 2016 at 03:21 PM.
Oct 27, 2016, 03:05 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
@Thickfog

My most memorable 'ah ha' moment when learning to fly was banked turns on a V911. I just couldn't keep the heli from sliding sideways out of the sky. When I finally did my first successful right hand banked turn I could feel weight of the heli and the centrifugal force against it. I could 'feel' it flying. It was an amazing. 'ah ha' moment, my first glimpse of heli zen. I did right hand banked turns for days then tried a left hand banked turn and bam, crashed into the floor. It took me another couple of days to get left hand turns down and for a long time I could feel the difference between them. I can't feel a difference anymore, it's like left and right are the same, but physics says they aren't on a single rotor.
Oct 27, 2016, 03:08 PM
Certifiable
I have the HCP 100S. I have to tune down the Tx model I'm using for it because the power is just crazy. I tried a simple flip over the house and wound up flipping it over the trees and crashing across the street. With the nCPx, I can almost flip in place.

Looks like a K110 and CC2500 (or 4-in-1) module is in my near future...
Oct 27, 2016, 03:30 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
Banggood is stocking the 4-in-1 now.
http://www.banggood.com/CC2500-NRF24...l?rmmds=search

It's was so easy to install, especially on a Devo 10, 6S or 12S.

Which Devo do you have?
Oct 27, 2016, 03:34 PM
Certifiable
Devo 7E
Oct 27, 2016, 03:40 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
The 7E is a tougher install for sure. Maybe the 4-in-1 is a good reason to upgrade to a new 10, or a used 8S, they can be had for under a $100 now. I just got another used 8S and Walkera 4F200LM (3 blade scale Lama 6 channel) for $107 shipped last month. I think there's a 8S and an upgraded Master CP for $110 'buy it now' on eBay right now.
Last edited by BirdBarber; Oct 27, 2016 at 03:47 PM.
Oct 27, 2016, 03:54 PM
Certifiable
I have two of them. One already has A7105 and NRF24L01 modules and the range mod. The other one was given to me by a friend who upgraded to the 10. That 7E started acting odd (cyclical split-second connection loss every few seconds) for his Cleanflight BL/Spektrum quad after I did the range mod. Seemed to work fine for other models using the same protocol though. I'll check out what's involved for the 4-in-one install on a 7e. I'm pretty good at small soldering (I've repaired chip connections on nCPx boards a few times) . The Devo 10 is a great Tx but I don't think I need it. I really don't even "need" the 4-in-1. Easiest thing would be to just put the CC2500 in th3 2nd 7E but I figure I might try the 4-in-1.
Oct 27, 2016, 04:00 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
The dropout problem might be voltage regulator related. It's common with the range mod or add in modules running on higher power settings. I'm planning on using a Pololu switching voltage regulator if I decide to put a 4-in-1 in a 7E also.

Pololu installation on a 7E: http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-d...tart=780#52623

Quick Reply