Jan 20, 2020, 02:20 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
@BillyWhiz

MicroRCFiend is one of the best K110 3D pilots. You might enjoy his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...n7upRU25mVlWza
Last edited by BirdBarber; Jan 20, 2020 at 02:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2020, 09:02 PM
Nova Helicopters designer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber
@BillyWhiz

MicroRCFiend is one of the best K110 3D pilots. You might enjoy his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...n7upRU25mVlWza

Thanks!
That's a pilot I don't think I have watched..
The main guy on the K110 I was referring to is "Dadou" a.k.a. Dunkan Bossian - well, he's gonna be exceptional on any heli (or racing quad, or 3d plank) isn't he, being a former world 3d heli champ..?!!!
Jan 20, 2020, 09:14 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
Do you mean this Dunkan??
He has some insane low altitude routines with 700s!

Last edited by BirdBarber; Jan 20, 2020 at 09:21 PM.
Jan 20, 2020, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber
You mean this Dunkan??
He has some insane low altitude routines!

That'll be him... lol
Jan 20, 2020, 09:18 PM
Yeah.. BB - he has flown the k110 on YouTube. You really have to search for him under his nickname Dadou..
He flies 3d fixed wing just as good (and he flies that racing drone stuff too).. Some talent.
One of the best vids is Dadou flying an Oxy 3 in what looks like an old churchyard.. The French eh? Always extravagant!!
Jan 21, 2020, 05:46 PM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
Take it this was the vid? Very impressive and only a young fella. How good will he be when he grows up?!

Dadou with Oxy 3 (2 min 4 sec)
Jan 21, 2020, 10:01 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
Great low altitude (and often no altitude) 3D flight!

Want proof the world isn't fair? My stupid little K110 3D video has almost 10 times as many views as this heli magician's fantastic flight.
Last edited by BirdBarber; Jan 22, 2020 at 02:24 AM.
Jan 22, 2020, 03:47 PM
Only because nobody (other than us.. ) knows that this is THE Dunkan Bossian.
I believe in another "Dadou" vid you can hear a punter saying something catty to one of his mates, and the guy says "he's World Champion.." (n French of course).

It IS a stellar video... Pure class.
Jan 25, 2020, 08:27 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
I went to the North West Model Hobby Expo today and bought a new Jumper T16 transmitter for $80US!!!
The down side, it has some lines on the display but is quite readable as is. It might just need to have the ribbon cable re-seated or maybe needs a new display. Luckily a new display is only $16. What a steal.... SCORE!

Anybody know anything about stray lines on a T-16 display?
Last edited by BirdBarber; Jan 26, 2020 at 03:52 AM.
Jan 26, 2020, 12:12 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Id say you scored a bargain ! Heck open it up and see if the plugs are all seated nicely. Be interested in your comments on that radio - tempted to try one myself.
Jan 26, 2020, 06:28 AM
there was some issue with the factory firmware when they came out... I would update to the latest opentx and call it good. after checking the plugs and ribbon cables OFC.
Jan 26, 2020, 09:52 AM
hey BB is your T16 with the HAL gimbal or pot gimbals?
I bough mine in April last year so pot gimbals were fitted. HAL gimbals are available but I've found there is nothing wrong with pot gimbals so did not bother to fit it with HAL type. Just one thing I don't like about the cable for the gimbals. They tucked 'neatly' inside the hole. However, due to 'metal fatigue' when the wires are being twisted back and forth, eventually the metal wires will break. This can be very hard to find because it will be intermitten. I've found this problem in my Futaba T8J and fixed. Then I have found the same problem in the T16 as well. If you want I can post a few pics showing how I redo the wiring. for the gimbals.
The same problem is also for the HAL gimbals as they have the same cable arrangement.
Jan 26, 2020, 02:55 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
I keep trying to poke the screen on the T16 because the display looks like my Devo12S touch screen and it's just habit.

@Wayne
Thanks, I guess that real OpenTX is now available for the T16 instead of JumperTX.

@ptern
It's the original T16 so it has standard pot gimbals and the 4-in-1 in a JR backpack instead of internally. I'll check out the gimbal wiring when I'm working on the display. If it's not obvious how to improve the wiring route then I'll ask you for some pics.
Last edited by BirdBarber; Jan 26, 2020 at 03:22 PM.
Jan 27, 2020, 04:53 AM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
I tore my Jumper T16 apart and re-seated the thin film ribbon connectors for the display and am happy to report I didn't make it worse, lol.

Any opinion or experience with LCD display problems anyone? I'm assuming it's the display itself since the thin film ribbon connectors looked fully seated and re-seating them resulted in the exact same lines and noise at the same spots. I also didn't see any creases or other damage in the ribbon itself.
Last edited by BirdBarber; Jan 27, 2020 at 05:02 AM.
Jan 27, 2020, 04:57 AM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
@ptern

I couldn't see the problem bend point on the pot wires because they quickly disappeared down into the depths of the transmitter. Do you have to pull the gimbals or a board out to see the problem? A description or photos of what you did might help. No rush, I won't be disassembling the TX again until I get a new display to install. Thanks.

Quick Reply