Jul 22, 2019, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptern
@WM do you have any links to those pancake motors as I am also interested in them.
I have clicked on the ad at the top of rc groups... sunnysky if memory serves, will have to go back through my history after work if that's not it...
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2019, 08:01 PM

Hi

The MCPXBL pioneered the whole electronics on one board ,

is that still possible ,

as it saves weight
Jul 23, 2019, 01:57 AM
Hi ptern,

RC heli girl's SAB Goblin mini comet is a famous direct drive helicopter:

http://www.goblin-helicopter.com/sho...ducts_id=27874

http://www.goblin-helicopter.com/sho...ducts_id=27963

But 22 volt is too high! Further pancake is not a healthy food.
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Jul 23, 2019 at 02:18 AM.
Jul 23, 2019, 10:34 AM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
I didn't even notice that the SAB Mini Comet had a direct drive pancake motor.

I see it's country cousin, the Fireball, has the same motor but with less KV.
hmmmm... everybody is out of stock on the Fireball, I wonder if it's discontinued.
Last edited by BirdBarber; Jul 23, 2019 at 10:41 AM.
Jul 23, 2019, 05:42 PM
Hi Birdbarber,

Here is an introduction and building video of a mini comet by Simone:

SAB Goblin Mini Comet // Unboxing // Building // Flying (22 min 30 sec)
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Jul 23, 2019 at 05:54 PM.
Jul 23, 2019, 08:44 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
lol, I just watched that last night. Good video.
Jul 24, 2019, 12:47 AM

Hi

Ive got a V922 I just put a new brushed motor in , power ,

If I put a XK110 tail motor on
with the Xk110 tail blade
that would be a good update ?

Where does the actual tail holding fall down ,,, with the V922 Board
Last edited by NX-687; Jul 24, 2019 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Add
Jul 24, 2019, 03:54 AM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
@NX-687

I was never happy with the performance of the V922 / HCP100. It is so unstable that you have to make constant corrections. Those constant corrections will also cause the tail motor to work overtime. But I never really had serious trouble with the tail like I did with the MCPX. The V922 tail would kick out a couple of inches once in a while but it usually didn't totally blow out very often.

What kind of tail trouble are you having? Is the tail wagging fast, slowly wandering, kicking out a couple of inches once in a while or maybe totally blowing out with aggressive maneuvers or blowing out all the time?
Last edited by BirdBarber; Jul 24, 2019 at 04:00 AM.
Jul 24, 2019, 04:12 AM
Hi BirdBarber
Ive got a 7 x 20 tail motor on with a cut down drone prop that was 55MM

I cut it to 41mm

Im probably my own worst enemy , and should just wack on a complete XK110 tail end, to fix it

It blows out 180 Degrees
Jul 24, 2019, 06:05 PM
Oh, hey, I have got to chme in here years ago (is it that long already) I was looking for advice on flipping my Hisky HCP 100 (exactly a v922, not sure who made it first, but one is a rebrand) at any rate, the best advice I got anywhere (other than learning on a sim first of course) was to get a k110... that was BirdBarber's recommendation, and it was absolutely spot on! I still have my HCP100, and I fly it occasionally, but the k110 is MUCH better...

as for the tail... mine always has had a 20 degree or so slow wag, it still does, but it won't blow out unless I break the main frame at the thin spot above the boom.
Jul 25, 2019, 01:23 AM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
@NX-687

It looks like both Wayne and I never had total blowout like you're having on your V922. So that means that there is probably something seriously not working like worn out tail motor, cracked frame, cracked boom, bad connector or problems with the main board MOSFET. Make sure you hold the frame and tail motor and twist the boom both directions to see if their might be a length-wise crack in the boom, they are hard to spot any other way.

So upgrading the tail motor to a 7x20 isn't likely to help with total blowout since it's not a typical problem with the stock V922 tail motor. The bigger motor might help or hurt things like tail kick, but that depends on if the main board can supply enough power to the bigger motor. If it can then it would help, if it can't then things will be even worse.

So if you don't find the problem easily, you might want to retire it unless you have a large parts supply you were wanting to use up first. The K110 is extremely popular. I don't know your skill level or if you're flying indoors, but if you don't want a brushless heli yet then consider the K100, it's a great indoor flyer. Also, if you don't fly 3D then you may even consider something like the V988, it's a great 4 ch heli for a nice price, and it's lots of fun for sport flying.
Last edited by BirdBarber; Jul 25, 2019 at 01:33 AM.
Jul 25, 2019, 04:28 AM

Thanks Bird

Will check all that and crosscheck with 2 boards
Jul 27, 2019, 08:50 AM
Hi all, a few quick questions about the k110 board... I am trying to use one on which I have removed the 0 ohm resistor for 2s tail voltage mod on a different heli, now intending to run brushed 1s. I have connected the battery leads to the board, and I get motors to spin up, but don't get any servo response. Is it because I removed the resistor? would bridging the pads with solder make them work? are there any inherent dangers to doing so?
Jul 27, 2019, 09:23 AM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
@Wayne Moyer

I think you can just bridge the gap between the solder pads where the 0r resistor used to be to restore it to factory specs, if that's the problem. The 0r resistor was just a link I think, so a solder bridge should work the same. When the 0r resistor is removed I think it splits the power so the brushed motor MOSFETs get their power from the B+ and B- terminals and every thing else gets their power from the ESC connector. Of course ptern is the expert so you may want to make sure he agrees.

But, I'm not sure that's your problem. If you can spin up both motors then you should have both the MOSFET side of the board and the receiver/MCU side of the board both getting power, so I would think the servos should be getting power no matter which side of the 0r resistor link they are wired in to. How do you have the power hooked up right now? B pads, ESC connector or both? Are you sure the tail motor is powering up or only the main motor? It would make more sense if the main motor spun up but the tail motor didn't. But that would also mean that the servos are getting 2S power with the 0r resistor removed, which I wasn't aware of.
Last edited by BirdBarber; Jul 27, 2019 at 09:55 AM.
Jul 27, 2019, 09:58 AM
I think I might just try it and see... itching to get a decent indoor 3d micro going... (hcp80v2 ) I can't wait to see how it flies with a better board. I am hoping it will fly like a k100, but with more power (I have installed a 16000kv voodoo quads motor) and a 10mm stretch. I intend to use Gauneng 260mah HV lipos as on my 65mm indoor whoop build. wish me luck!

Quick Reply