Nov 11, 2016, 06:54 AM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound View Post
...its really cold outside so 2 packs is about as much as i can take as fingers get too cold...
I've thought about taking heating tape made for DIY heated motorcycle handgrips and applying it to the back of my TX. You would need a 3S lipo to run it. The complete kits are only $3.88 shipped on eBay US.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-He...VW-fT9&vxp=mtr

Glad to see your 250 is still going strong. It's giving me incentive to finish mine up. I got distracted by the K110s, but it's a nice distraction. I've also got a 2S conversion for a V120D02S on hold. Come to think about it, most of the rest of my life is on hold since I got into RC helis! lol
Last edited by BirdBarber; Nov 11, 2016 at 07:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2016, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber View Post
I've thought about taking heating tape made for DIY heated motorcycle handgrips and applying it to the back of my TX. You would need a 3S lipo to run it. The complete kits are only $3.88 shipped on eBay US.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-He...VW-fT9&vxp=mtr

Glad to see your 250 is still going strong. It's giving me incentive to finish mine up. I got distracted by the K110s, but it's a nice distraction. I've also got a 2S conversion for a V120D02S on hold. Come to think about it, most of the rest of my life is on hold since I got into RC helis! lol
today was warmer but the mild breeze turned my fingers blue during my 2 batteries today. Need to try wearing gloves next time that should take the edge of a little.

Im moving soon to a house which has a reasonable sized garden so ill be able to hover train there (shhhhh dont tell the missus)
Nov 11, 2016, 11:45 AM
my entry to the worsed filmed trezx 250 compition, and also the worst editing compition

Trex 250 Mini Kbar @ Cumbernauld Fields (4 min 43 sec)
Nov 11, 2016, 08:08 PM
Quote:
I love to do a 1/3 back flip from a hover then punch out into level, skids first, flight. So I decided step it up a notch and to try going from level FFF directly into a skids first FFF. ZOOOM... almost lost it into the neighbors yard. It took off like a bullet! lol. I'm going to have to practice this one some more, it's fun. It's hard to get the 1/3 back flip timing right on a heli that is already becoming a small dot fast even before the backflip & punchout. Also, I think the FFF wind drag on the tail makes the 1/3 back flip take longer, so it needs different timing than a 1/3 back flip from a hover.

Try it out guys, it's a lot of fun.
Fun because that's what I been trying for the last few days, tho only from a hover flip until vertical punch out in fff skids first tail down. Been trying to get it in to a funnel (or is a hurricane ?) Ton of fun but hard to get right
Nov 11, 2016, 08:15 PM
Quote:
my entry to the worsed filmed trezx 250 compition, and also the worst editing compition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H2Si4iP2UY
That's a full on Hollywood production compared to my videos. You might get an Emmy.
Nov 12, 2016, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickfog View Post
That's a full on Hollywood production compared to my videos. You might get an Emmy.
lol that took a fair bit of time!!!

Can anyone point me to a "how to film your helicopter" tutorial on youtube. preferably one that you dont look like an idiot doing so
Nov 12, 2016, 01:10 PM
Quote:
lol that took a fair bit of time!!!

Can anyone point me to a "how to film your helicopter" tutorial on youtube. preferably one that you dont look like an idiot doing so
I'm still looking! I'll let you know if I ever figure out it too.

In the meantime another poor, but short video flying the k110 in the wind and into the front of my house. SMACK! Just needed a new tail prop. Nice dang heli XK.

XK K110 Mico Helicopter. One Amazing Micro. (3 min 3 sec)
Nov 12, 2016, 07:54 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsen.gl View Post
Fun because that's what I been trying for the last few days, tho only from a hover flip until vertical punch out in fff skids first tail down. Been trying to get it in to a funnel (or is a hurricane ?) Ton of fun but hard to get right
That would be great if you could transition into a funnel, but very tough because of the high speed required to maintain FFF skids first. I don't have enough room to try a funnel transition but have been trying to fly in an 'S' pattern skids first. My yard is only about 6M deep but reasonably wide, so I tend to do a lot of 'in place' stunts like tic tocs, continuous flips & tight funnels. If I fly full speed normal FFF and try to do a U turn I can often pop the main gear off the shaft because of the high disk load trying to make such a tight turn at high speed. That's a lot of Gs!
Last edited by BirdBarber; Nov 12, 2016 at 08:05 PM.
Nov 12, 2016, 08:52 PM
Quote:
That would be great if you could transition into a funnel, but very tough because of the high speed required to maintain FFF skids first. I don't have enough room to try a funnel transition but have been trying to fly in an 'S' pattern skids first. My yard is only about 6M deep but reasonably wide, so I tend to do a lot of 'in place' stunts like tic tocs, continuous flips & tight funnels. If I fly full speed normal FFF and try to do a U turn I can often pop the main gear off the shaft because of the high disk load trying to make such a tight turn at high speed. That's a lot of Gs!

Oh thsts the 1 thing i doint miss sincenive been flying the 250. Main gear is solid and not moving!

I did reinforce the main geasr on my 977 with string and super glue. It still slips in a crash but tight enough that a fresh battery doesdnt rip it off
Nov 13, 2016, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Is that with stock motor? And what main gear?
Nov 13, 2016, 04:04 PM
ill be fitting the lemon rx sat to my 250,which replaces the orange rx 610 reciever. The lemon sat is tiny compared to the small orange rx, not to mention that it removes all the wires bettween the reciever and gyro with just a tiny single 3 core cable. HUGE weight saving, the lemon sat is 3g and the wire can only be 1g. i think the orange rx is around 10g plus the weight of the wires.

This thing is smaller than a v977 rx board iincluding case.

and boasts same range if not better
Nov 13, 2016, 09:39 PM
Hummingbird Assassin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by larsen.gl View Post
Is that with stock motor? And what main gear?
I usually use a white HCP80 main gear. The gears popping off in a high G U turn are with the big hole motor and with a one month old K110 small hole that has almost as much power. If I try that tight of turn at high speed with a V977 or my June K110 I bog the motor severely. If I try it with a HCP100S I can often pop the landing gear and battery off. I have them rubber banded on, but boy it handles funny with that heavy 2S 450mah flopping around.

I've tried all of the main gears, and even wrapping the collars in thread and CA glue, but can't tell an real difference between the gears. As hard as it has been to get parts lately, I just order whatever is available. I've had refunds after the order for V977/K110 parts from 3 different vendors in the last month. I'm hoping there is just a shortage because they need all the parts they can get to build full helis for the Christmas season, and that parts will become available soon.
Last edited by BirdBarber; Nov 13, 2016 at 09:46 PM.
Nov 14, 2016, 08:23 AM
Yeah it is a bit annoying with part's support.
I'd been thinking about the k120 main gear and shaft... they bolt together right and are somewhat the same size as k110 right?
Myself been have some trouble finding blade grips in stock along with some other stuff, hard to find everything from one vendor!
Nov 14, 2016, 09:21 PM
Anyone else have 6g paranoia?

Like when I'm not flying my heli and grab one of my cheap quads to mess around I can't have fun without worrying that flying these stabilized machines is gonna rip my 3g talent right out from under me! I get so paranoid and wonder of my next heli flight is gonna be all messed up.

Am I crazy? Who else? I can't be the only one.
Come on crazies. Come out. We have our fav 977 guy with socks on his 977 blades since he's worried about dust and fingerprints.

I can't be that off my rocker.
Nov 14, 2016, 11:21 PM
good buddy of mine says he cant fly both, and if he flies 6G it screws up his 3G reactions, so he's totally 3G these days........

I feel that 6g makes it to easy and makes 3G hard work in comparison, but if you want ultimate agility etc you gotta be in 3G

Quick Reply