Jet Gyro - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 02, 2017, 08:39 PM
With the rainy weather making any testing dificult, I have been doing some further experimenting. I was able to do some taxi test in the street where I live. I was able to get the rotor up to flying speed and was able to get the gyro to lift off but no room to really fly. In looking the gyro over, I Decided to make some changes. For one thing, I had two servos in the aft end of the tail boom! One for the elevator and one for rudder/steering. I built a new gyro over the last 3 days. I like this one better. I also added some length to the nose to get away from adding dead weight. I was able to use the elevator and the landing gear. Every thing else is new. Hope to do some testing this weekend.

Wayne
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2017, 08:50 PM
PSALM 14:1
Looks good Wayne, good luck on the (COLD) testing this weekend.
Feb 02, 2017, 09:03 PM
Sammy, are you going to the swap meet in Westerville in March. If you are, I may bring the gyro with me so you can see it. I am hoping to have it flying good enough to take to JetJam in June.

Wayne
Feb 03, 2017, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orvie6
Sammy, are you going to the swap meet in Westerville in March. If you are, I may bring the gyro with me so you can see it. I am hoping to have it flying good enough to take to JetJam in June.

Wayne
I'm not sure about Westerville, but I've got some vendor tables at this one tomorrow:

http://lcrccohio.com/2016-swap-shop-flyer/
Feb 06, 2017, 05:36 PM

Paint

Slow getting my blades built, so decided to add some color to my new project. Made this one a little brighter. Need to add some lettering and numbers, but think I should be able to see this one better.
Sammy, what do you think?

Wayne
Feb 06, 2017, 06:17 PM
That will be MUCH easier to see, looks great!
Feb 11, 2017, 05:46 PM
Was Able to finish my blades. I used 3/8"x3x36 balsa. They are 30 inches long. I took it outside today and did some testing. I think I will have to experiment on the mast angle. They spin up, but not creating enough lift. May also have to play with the negative pitch. Anyway, having fun trying something new.

Wayne
Feb 11, 2017, 06:28 PM
Regardless, it looks great!
Feb 12, 2017, 02:41 AM
Wayne
Going to look great in the air
Be patient with your tests and video them it will be worth it

Joe
Feb 12, 2017, 03:10 AM
That's a fine looking Autogyro Wayne, it's always good to see someone trying a different concept. I like your colours, much better to orientate than plain green. I wish you well for your test hops

Rich
Feb 12, 2017, 03:11 AM
Looking VERY good
Chris...
Feb 12, 2017, 10:26 PM
Was doining some testing and will need to change the roll servo. I have a standard size Hitec in now. It has about 42 oz. of torque. Will replace it with a Hitec HS700BB. A quarter scale servo with 180 oz. of torque! That big rotor disc really follows the wind direction. Any crossword and the smaller servo could not hold its position. I think progress is there, just need to make small changes one at a time.

Wayne.
Feb 12, 2017, 10:58 PM
Wayne, got my internet back today. The new one looks good. I found enough balsa to build a new set of rotorblades. Will start on my gyro soon. The more I look at yours the more I think i will scrap mine and work on one like you have started.
The only thing I think I will go with a standard tail group. I found my 90mm fan today also.
Would you mind doing a side view line drawing of your fuse and mail to me. I for some reason am having trouble scaling from the pictures. I do know what you said, Close counts.
Keep pluging

Jimmy
Feb 16, 2017, 02:30 AM
I hope that a M G bearing that you intend to use.
Chris...
Feb 16, 2017, 08:10 PM
Instead of using the 1/4 scale servo, I went with two metal gear digital servos. Each has about 48 oz. of torque. I also raised the mast an inch and a half.
Jimmy, I will try and get your drawings out to you by email in the next few days. Will print out a good side view, mark dimensions, scan it, and email them to you.
Wayne