RISE Vusion 250 Extreme FPV Race Pack

RISE is about to have a new drone on the market designed to make it easy to get into FPV and racing. The Vusion 250 Extreme FPV Race Pack costs $349 and that includes everything you need...

Splash

Instant FPV

RISE is about to have a new drone on the market designed to make it easy to get into FPV and racing. The Vusion 250 Extreme FPV Race Pack costs $349 and that includes everything you need! The frame is the first of its kind injection-molded and it comes pre-built with all of the electronics installed and programmed.

The frame is modular so if you manage to break an arm, you can snap it off and slap in a new one. It comes with a 6 channel 2.4GHz radio system with a mount for the included display. They also have a pair of goggles in the box that you can slip the display into for a fully immersive experience. It's nice to have options and be able to FPV how you want to.

Check out the RISE Vusion 250 Extreme FPV Race Pack at Hobbico.

Includes:

• 100% Ready-to-Fly Vusion FPV Racer
  • 600TVL FPV video camera
  • 5.8GHz Raceband video transmitter (200mw or 25mw versions available)
  • Tactic FPV-RM2 40-channel 5.8GHz FPV monitor with 4.3” LCD and Omni Pro antenna
  • Tactic FPV-G1 goggles
  • RISE J2000 2.4GHz 6-channel radio system with smartphone holder
  • (4) 2280kV brushless motors
  • (4) Brushless high-frequency ESCs with OneShot 125 programming
  • Micro memory card slot
  • 3S 11.1V 1500mAh 25C LiPo battery
  • 2-3S AC LiPo balancing charger
  • Front/rear LEDs
  • Spare 5x4.5” bullnose propeller set
  • (4) “AA” alkaline batteries
  • Screwdriver
  • Instruction manual

Oct 27, 2016, 06:31 AM
Looks like a pretty nice kit, love that FPV monitor, any information on that? Looks super compact.
Oct 29, 2016, 11:58 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Here's the specs on that.

Receiver/Monitor Specifications:

Monitor: 4.3” (109 mm) color LCD
5.8GHz Receiver: 5 bands (A, B, E, F and R); 40 channels
Antenna: RP-SMA 3dBi whip
Receiver Sensitivity: -90db
Screen Resolution: 480x272
Format: NTSC/PAL (auto-adjust)
Micro Memory Card Port: compatible with cards up to 32GB
Battery: 1S 3.7V 1400mAh LiPo battery
Operating Voltage: 3.6-5.5V
Run Time: 1.5 hours
Goggle Specifications:
Nov 04, 2016, 09:57 AM
just saw this on youtube and came here to see what was being said about them, surprised there's not more activity on this unit, is there another thread somewhere ?? Roost
Nov 05, 2016, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugeroost View Post
just saw this on youtube and came here to see what was being said about them, surprised there's not more activity on this unit, is there another thread somewhere ?? Roost
Same here, i was expecting some more hype around this. I'm really sad that i'll probably not be able to get my hands on this in germany, and also about the fact that there's nothing comparable to this out there :/
Nov 08, 2016, 12:07 AM
Likewise. Per my LHS, mine will be here Thursday
Last edited by SafetyChain; Nov 08, 2016 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Spelling
Nov 09, 2016, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyChain View Post
Likewise. Per my LHS, mine will be here Thursday
Sweet! Mine will be here Friday!
Nov 14, 2016, 07:59 AM
Any review on this setup? How's the durability in a crash? How do those arms attach and do they pop off in a crash or break?
Nov 14, 2016, 02:07 PM
Mine arrived last Thursday. I got a chance to fly it yesterday Not a thorough review but I can answer your questions. I have not flown FPV before and attempted briefly yesterday. I spazzed, ripped off the goggles and flew the quad directly into the ground (grassy area softened by rain). I was full throttle when it crashed. The only "damage" was one of the feet came off. Discovered all 4 were loosely attached. Reattached, tightened all screws and all is good. It hit directly on one of the arms, no damage. I am impressed with durability of that crash.

The arms would break vs. pop-off. If I need to replace the arms/motors, simply remove 2 screws (per arm) and attach new. I have not purchased these parts yet.

Only issue I am having early on is the battery compartment is tight. In looking for additional (non-Rise) batteries of equal capacity and C rate, I have yet to find one with the correct dimensions.

Once I learn FPV. I think I will really like this quad. In "beginner" mode, she flew very well by my standards.
Nov 20, 2016, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyChain View Post
Mine arrived last Thursday. I got a chance to fly it yesterday Not a thorough review but I can answer your questions. I have not flown FPV before and attempted briefly yesterday. I spazzed, ripped off the goggles and flew the quad directly into the ground (grassy area softened by rain). I was full throttle when it crashed. The only "damage" was one of the feet came off. Discovered all 4 were loosely attached. Reattached, tightened all screws and all is good. It hit directly on one of the arms, no damage. I am impressed with durability of that crash.

The arms would break vs. pop-off. If I need to replace the arms/motors, simply remove 2 screws (per arm) and attach new. I have not purchased these parts yet.

Only issue I am having early on is the battery compartment is tight. In looking for additional (non-Rise) batteries of equal capacity and C rate, I have yet to find one with the correct dimensions.

Once I learn FPV. I think I will really like this quad. In "beginner" mode, she flew very well by my standards.
Thanks a lot for the info. May get one of these at some point. Looks interesting for sure.
Nov 20, 2016, 09:18 PM
listing lazily tothe left
this is one of those that make you think it's "too good to be true". I'm looking to break into the FPV quad market. i've seen hundreds of videos of people building their own, but this looks very tempting. I just wish there was more out there about it...
Nov 20, 2016, 09:27 PM
Yeah it does look slick. I'd buy one myself if I hadn't just bought a DJI Mavic. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to buy there's more info out...
Nov 24, 2016, 10:56 AM

Awesomeness rise 250 fpv rtf

I just took it out of the box and charged everything up it's amazing for the price I just flew it this morning all three modes very stable and pretty fast I am not a beginner to quads But this is my first FPV . I will update again soon the only thing I do. It like is the 1500mh pack short flight times maybe there is a pack out there with al little more MH that will fit

Patrick
Dec 20, 2016, 10:51 PM
i bought one of these kits a couple months ago, was a little ahead of myself when i did but i took the leap! i love it now that i am more comfortable with it and once i put the goggles on it took it to the next level! but like stated earlier in this post not a whole lot of info on the web about this.
i was wondering if anyone knew what protocol it is? i have a taranis plus with the orangerx module in the back of it, but dont know which channel to connect to. not saying the factory controller is bad, i just dont want to carry multiple controllers around if i dont need to.
Dec 21, 2016, 06:07 PM

Vusion

The stock display is horrible. I now only use the tactic reciever as a backup. Plus it includes a one-touch tuner. My hobby king v2 pro goggles are way better than this screen. I would never attempt Fpv flight with the tactic reciever.

Quick Reply