slow stick discontinued? - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 09, 2017, 12:40 PM
Aloft hobbies in Novato, CA currently has both the SS and the micro SS kits for $32 and $25.

https://alofthobbies.com/slow-stick.html
https://alofthobbies.com/micro-slow-stick-2781.html
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2017, 02:22 PM
<<<<I|I>>>>
Great to hear—Slow Sticks are turning up on eBay for $90-110 due to a lack of supply.

While I'm flattered that Aloft would use my painted Micros on their site ad, I could also see it as an opportunity for some newer folks construing it as deceptive advertising as they are not sold that way.
Dec 25, 2017, 05:59 PM
WrongRudderR/C
It does say "available in red only"

Surprised they didn't ask you permission to use your images.

I ordered an SS kit yesterday. Shipping was pretty high at $19 putting the cost over $50 for one kit but half the price of eBay so I'll get what I can.
Jan 26, 2018, 11:14 PM
I just ordered the micro slow stik.. looks kinda like a cross between the slow stick and pico stick
Jan 27, 2018, 06:12 AM
WrongRudderR/C
I've wondered about that. Is it more of a pico size or right in between a pico and regular slow stick?
Jan 29, 2018, 01:16 AM
<<<<I|I>>>>
Shorter wingspan than a Pico with a wider cord. Or proportional to a Slow Stick but 20" shorter in wingspan.

I've found that it flies very similar to the bigger SS.

You can easily lose about an oz AUW just by replacing the included brushed motor for a brushless.
Jan 29, 2018, 03:05 PM
WrongRudderR/C
I think I'll order one. I don't have any batts for this size but I'll have it for when I might later.
Feb 08, 2018, 11:05 PM

Slow Stick - parts are still available

Aloft Hobbies still has some GWS Slow Stick components as well as the micro slow stick. I just picked up the parts for a complete slow stick as well as a NIB micro slow stick.

Aloft said that they're planning on importing at least 2000 units from GWS in a few months when they move into a new building.

alofthobbies.com
Feb 09, 2018, 08:59 PM
WrongRudderR/C
Oh wow. I was under the impression GWS was finished ?

Quick Reply