Oct 23, 2016, 10:06 PM
glider pilot in training
Discussion

slow stick discontinued?

crashed my SS yet again the other day, this time the wing isn't repairable so i went to order a replacement only to find it discontinued everywhere, i feel this is a sad day if this means no more slow sticks
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2016, 01:48 AM
Hi Webdragon,

The SS is not discontinued. Please visit www.caliberhobby.com or contact kuan@gwsus.com if you could not find out from your sources.

Chen
Mar 14, 2017, 05:10 AM

Broken prop,

Have a ss, broke the prop, can't figure out how to get it off, to put the new one on. Dah,,,, thank's,,,
Mar 14, 2017, 11:38 PM
Hi Steve,

The old prop is broken now, so suggest making its hub broken, then you could get it off totally.
Applying a pliers on it can be very helpful for this job.

Chen
Apr 22, 2017, 07:55 AM

Where to find a SlowStick

I can't find any place online with the Slow Stick, used google, etc. Caliber is out. If they have not been discontinued, why aren't they available? Even Tower Hobbies shows them as discontinued, which really means they cannot get any.
Thanx,
Rod
Apr 22, 2017, 12:11 PM
Admit it GWS-you are out of business.
Apr 24, 2017, 08:36 PM
See the post by GorillaBob on Jan 26, 2017, 01:44 PM:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...art-9/page1195

"If you haven't noticed, the Slow Stick is getting hard to find in the US. I talked with GWS USA, trying to order more stock and he told me that they will probably not be getting more Slow Sticks. He said that they don't make enough off of the Stick to keep importing them. Needless to say, I have less than 2 cases left of them and they didn't have more for me to order. I hope he is wrong because we love this bird. Keep em flying and post some more photos!!"

Unfortunately, it appears that www.gorillabobsrc.com is out of stock of Slow Sticks as of April 24, 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricochet59
I can't find any place online with the Slow Stick, used google, etc. Caliber is out. If they have not been discontinued, why aren't they available?
Rod
Apr 27, 2017, 10:06 AM
Closed Account
I wanted some Slow Sticks for a couple of kids starting out. Tried www.caliberhobby.com or contact kuan@gwsus.com. No reply.
Apr 28, 2017, 10:57 PM
<<<<I|I>>>>
I saw the writing on the wall a couple years ago and stocked up on the wing and tailplane kits, but still holding out on hope that they will be available again sometime down the line.

It seems the micros are unavailable too.