How do I connect my Futaba t9chp transmitter to futaba r149dp receiver - RC Groups
Oct 23, 2016, 11:04 PM
Discussion

How do I connect my Futaba t9chp transmitter to futaba r149dp receiver

So, I have a Futaba T9chp transmitter and the heli I bought comes with the Futaba R149dp receiver. How do i bind them together. Back of my transmitter I have the fp-tp-fm module for the transmitter. PLese help.

Can you show me the step by step on transmitter how to do it
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2016, 11:10 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Check to make sure they are both set to the same channel.

these are 72MHz units, no binding required. There should be a label on the top of the crystal in the receiver and in the transmitter module.

After that, if the crystals match, just turn everything on.
Oct 23, 2016, 11:26 PM
So back of my transmitter, there a slot where this little black box goes into the transmitter you call the cystal? On the crystal it says 72mhz and abother sticket with number 39. In my receiver, there a little slot and inthe slot there this chip thing that says 21. so they are not matchig which is why it not working?
Oct 23, 2016, 11:36 PM
Let me put it better wording:

In my receiver, the crystal says Dual Conversation 72.210 RX and at end of the sticker says the number 21 in red. What does the 21 mean.

In my transmitter is says: 72.570 on a silver sticket with the number 39. What does 39 mean?
Oct 23, 2016, 11:39 PM
S.A.D. member
Your receiver is listening for a transmitter on channel 21 while your transmitter is sending its signal on channel 39. That's how it was done in the good old days so we could fly at the same time - we made sure to put aircraft in the air controlled by transmitters on different channels. Those of us who were using equipment on the same channel had to take turns.

Ivan
Oct 23, 2016, 11:41 PM
S.A.D. member
Also the R149DP is a PCM1024 receiver and the 9C needs to be put in PCM mode for the particular model in which the R149DP is installed.

Ivan
Oct 23, 2016, 11:45 PM
Yes, it is in the PCM mode, but who do i connect the transmitter to the receiver. Do i need to get the same mhz in the receiver? how do i change the channel so they both the same number
Oct 23, 2016, 11:51 PM
S.A.D. member
You change the crystal in the receiver with a channel matching that of the transmitter. In your case you need the receiver to have a channel 39 crystal.

I know these days 72MHz equipment is dirt cheap but why do you need to deal with outdated equipment especially when you know nothing about channels, Dual/Single Conversion receivers, Low/High Band with Futaba receivers, AM/FM, PPM/PCM, the fact that each flavor of PCM works with specific receivers (no compatibility between different types of PCM) and so on?

Ivan
Oct 23, 2016, 11:51 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowlookout
Yes, it is in the PCM mode, but who do i connect the transmitter to the receiver. Do i need to get the same mhz in the receiver? how do i change the channel so they both the same number
You need to get either a channel 39 crystal or a channel 21 crystal, and then install in the the RX or TX so the channels match.
Oct 24, 2016, 12:01 AM
Thanks alot mawz, :
Just bought this to put in the receiver:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Futaba-72Mhz...IAAOSwTA9X8nXq

this solved the problem. will wait till it comes in. Thanks, btw: i will be flying my octane vario bernzin soon.
Oct 24, 2016, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
You need to get either a channel 39 crystal or a channel 21 crystal, and then install in the the RX or TX so the channels match.
wowlookout doesn't give his location, and doesn't seem familiar with earlier R/C equipment, so I will post this just incase he is in the U.S......

In the U.S. only licensed techs can change transmitter crystals. If you are not a tech, you can't even buy a transmitter crystal in the U.S.. After the transmitter crystal is changed in the U.S., the tech then has to tune the transmitter to meet FCC specifications. If the transmitter uses "modules" the user can change the complete module, for a module on a different channel, but can not change the crystal in the module.

Note that other countries may have different regulations, and may allow users to change transmitter crystals.
Oct 24, 2016, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowlookout
So back of my transmitter, there a slot where this little black box goes into the transmitter you call the cystal? On the crystal it says 72mhz and abother sticket with number 39. In my receiver, there a little slot and inthe slot there this chip thing that says 21. so they are not matchig which is why it not working?
That black box that clips into the transmitter, is the transmitter module. It contains the RF section of the transmitter, and the frequency crystal. The module is tuned to a single channel noted on a sticker on the back of the module. Futaba also produced a synthesized module that could be set to transmit on any legal 72 MHz channel, just by turning 2 dials with a small screwdriver.

There are also 2.4 ghz modules that will replace the 72 MHz module on the transmitter so that you can switch to 2.4 ghz if you desire. I believe that Futaba makes a 2.4 module for their 2.4 system, Spektrum made a module so you could use the Futaba with their 2.4 system, and a couple of the Chinese companies make modules to use the Futaba with their 2.4 systems.
Oct 24, 2016, 08:42 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Barnes
wowlookout doesn't give his location, and doesn't seem familiar with earlier R/C equipment, so I will post this just incase he is in the U.S......

In the U.S. only licensed techs can change transmitter crystals. If you are not a tech, you can't even buy a transmitter crystal in the U.S.. After the transmitter crystal is changed in the U.S., the tech then has to tune the transmitter to meet FCC specifications. If the transmitter uses "modules" the user can change the complete module, for a module on a different channel, but can not change the crystal in the module.

Note that other countries may have different regulations, and may allow users to change transmitter crystals.
Short answer: Change the Rx crystal only if you're in the US.
Oct 24, 2016, 09:54 AM
Thanks a lot for the information. Appricate it a lot.

Yeah Mawz, I just ordered the crystal to match the Mhz on my transmitter