XDP problem on Windows7 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 23, 2016, 07:59 PM
Discussion

XDP problem on Windows7

Hi All

I have had installed all XDP programs while back on my Windows7 computer and have use them last winter season to check settings with no problem.
Now I have been trying to use it for several days , but it says it does not see device or shows the run time error

it is possible the issue is covered somewhere in the forum, but I can not find it.

any clue?

Mike

PS. I got problem to install and run XDP software on W10, but it is worth to join the other thread showing the same issues
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2016, 12:36 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
You need to install the software in Adminstrator mode, and then run the XDP program in Adminstrator mode.
Oct 24, 2016, 07:19 AM
Getting there
Thanks Jim
Actually I was binding receivers wrongly
let me master all that and I will get back to it in Windows 10 again

mike
Oct 24, 2016, 08:22 PM

almost there

I have managed to run XDP programs on both W7 and W10

*There is two Types of binding among these programs to be aware of to make it right.

*Analyzer and RSSI test working good

*I got the problem with RxDiag and Tx Diag. It will bind to to Rx/Tx , but will not progress "connect to" Rx/Tx .... any clue?

* there is 3 Hop Modes - please refresh my memory - I am sure there is a big write up about it in this forum
! Predictive - the orginal XPS mode -- is nessesary to run telemetry and some other settings. it is a default mode on XDP.
! Full Time hopping - the way Tx modules and Tx come from Jim and used mostly. best for noisy environment.
! Adaptive .... well.... I miss this one - what is used for?
I know how to set hopping mode on Tx, but how you doing it on Rx?

I have been using XPS stuff from around 2006-2007 exclusively , but very seasonal. I reed probably every post in this forum and thought I know everything about it. Wait until you really dig in and start to use this technology at full. Questions pupping up. I use A123 cells since 2006. Awesome source of energy. After 10 years they still good and hold the charge for years.
My Txs are all MPX and I love them because I understand them
Ehh . I am 60 and I do fly big scale gliders and tow planes. I can not afford mistakes. I am unfolding the 2017 season right now

Thanks for any input

Mike
Oct 24, 2016, 10:58 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
There is no need to do anything with the RxDiag You can just bind the receiver and test it. The TxDiag requires that you put the transmitter module into hopping mode 1.

Thanks your support for the last decade!
Nov 14, 2016, 09:16 AM

but not there yet

Saga is not over yet

Thanks for a suggestion Jim
I have spent big chunk of time on several subjects over XPS product line and will try to expose my frustration in separate postings

here is first one

Running RxDiag

I am using this post as a guide to all XDP programming ( including PDF there)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863786

I am able to Bind and Connect to the original 8 and 10 Channel receivers, but I can not bind to any Nano or RFU Rx. Mentioned post doesn't cover RFU binding and connection procedure, but i think it is the same like Nano's. Every time I try to bind Nano or RFU it shows Error 76 ( picture above in first post)

Any suggestion?
What is a current procedure of binding Nano and RFU to RxDiag?
I know to deal with all XDP programing there is two types of binding to consider.

Mike
Nov 14, 2016, 07:02 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Update your software! You are using v1.6 of the RxDiag. The latest is v1.7, which supports the Nanos and RFU. Sorry I missed that - but v1.7 was released years ago and I just figured you had the latest software.

You can download the v1.7 here, and then copy it to your C:/Program Files(x86)/XPS/ folder.

Note... there appears to be an issue with our server. I can FTP into the server and see the correct versions, but pulling the files (via a download) downloads an older version. Very odd. So, the file linked to above is located on a different part of the server and is the correct version.
Last edited by JimDrew; Nov 14, 2016 at 07:22 PM.
Nov 14, 2016, 08:54 PM
Woops
That is kind of embarrassing
Thanks for heads up.
Actually it was 1.5 version and seems like just yesterday.
Automatic update went to version 1.6
I have to go trough entire spectrum of these updates to get to the more familiar territory.

Mike