Oct 23, 2016, 04:14 PM
Discussion

Time to retire Aurora 9 or should I send it in?

I have been using an Aurora 9 transmitter but I think it's borderline worn out. I've noticed recently that I've lost signal to more than one airplane at least 4 times. I am suspecting diminished range or some kind of glitch/brownout. It does come back but I've been lucky. I do have Aurora 9x that I'm going to migrate all my models too so that obviously going to become my top priority. But the question remains is it worth it to send it in and have perhaps a gimbal replaced and the transmitter looked over? Or am I better off retiring it?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2016, 01:55 PM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
I would get it to us and at least let us take a look at it before you do anything drastic. It's possible it could just need a few parts to be like new again.
Latest blog entry: A servo mounting tech-tip
Oct 24, 2016, 04:20 PM
Ok... I will arrange sending it in.
Jan 16, 2017, 03:20 PM

Problems updating the Aurora 9 firmware

All of my planes and gliders were fine until I decided to upgrade the firmware. I have upgraded the Spectra 2.4 (original) to 3.01(0); the optima 7 to 2.01; and the Aurora 9 (original) to 1.09.. results.. luckily I had removed all of the props because now throttle, and all other controls do not work. The radio beeps intermittently, if I apply throttle the is not response until about 4 seconds later. If I apply left or rt Airleon that impacts the throttle, etc....

Any help... I used the HPP-22 correctly because each time it indicated "the upgrade was successful"..
Last edited by Kholder116; Jan 16, 2017 at 07:03 PM.
Jan 17, 2017, 11:22 AM
Have you tried re-linking your receiver?
Jan 17, 2017, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Have you tried re-linking your receiver?

No, I did not try that ... thanks.. I will.....
Jan 17, 2017, 07:31 PM

Still not working...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholder116
No, I did not try that ... thanks.. I will.....
well I tried to rebind, however initially the transmitter emitted a blue flashing light and when I tried to bind to the transceiver, the received showed no change in lights... just a solid red. (and I know this was not correct).

2nd attempt... the receiver emits only a solid red light (no more blue flashing light) and when I attempt to connect to the transceiver - NOTHING.

NOTE* I HAVE 14 MODELS, FROM F5J TO HOTLINER BOUND TO THIS RADIO SO I KNOW THE PROCESS - IT IS JUST NOT TAKING HERE, ONCE I UPDATED THE SOFTWARE.

QUES. when I attempt to re-bind, do I have to pull all of the individual connections out of the transceiver?

thanks..
Jan 17, 2017, 07:43 PM

finally bound..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholder116
well I tried to rebind, however initially the transmitter emitted a blue flashing light and when I tried to bind to the transceiver, the received showed no change in lights... just a solid red. (and I know this was not correct).

2nd attempt... the receiver emits only a solid red light (no more blue flashing light) and when I attempt to connect to the transceiver - NOTHING.

NOTE* I HAVE 14 MODELS, FROM F5J TO HOTLINER BOUND TO THIS RADIO SO I KNOW THE PROCESS - IT IS JUST NOT TAKING HERE, ONCE I UPDATED THE SOFTWARE.

QUES. when I attempt to re-bind, do I have to pull all of the individual connections out of the transceiver?

thanks..
this binding now makes no sense...
1.. I turned on the transceiver first.m, with the transmitter off. - got a flashing red light
2. turned on the transmitter ( while pressing the button) - got a flashing Blue light.
3. - I used the small screwdriver and depressed the button on the transmitter, once. The blue light on the trans stopped flashing and went solid Red, as did the light on the transceiver..

for the record - this is not the traditional binding process and I'm wondering if I should have some concerns......
Jan 18, 2017, 10:48 AM
You are attempting to link your Optima 7 in a Minima linking mode (Blue flashing LED is Minima mode, Red flashing LED is Optima mode), which is why you are not successfully linking the receiver with the module. Follow these steps:

-With everything turned off, push and hold the link button in on your Spectra 2.4 module, turn the transmitters power on, push YES to transmit, then release the link button. If the LED is flashing blue, push and hold the link button again for 2 seconds to change it to a flashing red.

-Push and hold the link button on your receiver and turn the power on; once the power is on, release the link button. Everything should automatically link at this point, if the link was successful your Spectra 2.4 module will show a solid Red LED and a flashing Blue LED.

The Blue LED function on the receiver has been eliminated, it will now turn a solid red instead if the link was successful.