Oct 23, 2016, 12:14 PM
Thread OP
Question

Reccomendations For Standard Size Waterproof Super Torque Rudder Servo

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a Standard Size Waterproof Super Torque Rudder Servo to go into Insane G3 Sport Hydro with a DP Racing built 26cc Zenoah?

Secondly can anyone tell me who builds "DP" RC Marine engines??????
Last edited by helinut4ever; Oct 23, 2016 at 01:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2016, 03:15 PM
Suspended Account
150 -500 oz size. If you have a waterproof radio box then no need for a wp servo.
Oct 23, 2016, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
150 oz's on the rudder of a racing Hydro??????? Moisture always seems to find it's way into a taped up electronics box, especially when the lid to the compartment is on the top of the hull.
Oct 23, 2016, 07:07 PM
RC boat Rock Star
200 oz. in. minimum on a Gas Sport Hydro. Savox has one but it's not cheap.
http://www.savoxusa.com/Waterproof_Servos_s/72.htm
Hi-tec just came out with a line of waterproof servos worth looking into.
I spray my non-waterproof servos with Corrosion X, $15.00 a can and well worth it. It does RX's, and is handy around the house and cars. It'll free up a frozen door lock in seconds.
Oct 23, 2016, 07:28 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinut4ever
150 oz's on the rudder of a racing Hydro??????? Moisture always seems to find it's way into a taped up electronics box, especially when the lid to the compartment is on the top of the hull.
I have never had water get into my radio box and I have completely sunk my boat not intentionally many times.
Oct 23, 2016, 07:49 PM
RC boat Rock Star
I don't know who "DP" is, there's a lot of engine modders out there. The powerplant isn't going to make any difference in a GSH as far as the rudder servo goes.
I've got an Insane Gen II. It's a long way from the radio box to the rudder. I've got carbon fiber tubing over 4-40 threaded rod so it greatly reduces flex in the linkage.
Oct 23, 2016, 08:18 PM
Thread OP
I was thinking at least 200 oz's or more with metal gears on the rudder should be efficient as well. I've acquired this G3 but the servos are Airtronic analog because the person I got it from was using an FM frequency on it. It does have the Carbon tubes on the linkage rods installed as well. And I know the power plant doesn't matter as far as the servos go, but I don't think that thy will work with my Tx. As for "DP" someone told me that it may stand for "Daniel Place", but I'm still not sure about that.
Oct 23, 2016, 08:19 PM
Thread OP
What size motor are you running in your G2??
Oct 23, 2016, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinut4ever
I was thinking at least 200 oz's or more with metal gears on the rudder should be efficient as well. I've acquired this G3 but the servos are Airtronic analog because the person I got it from was using an FM frequency on it. It does have the Carbon tubes on the linkage rods installed as well. And I know the power plant doesn't matter as far as the servos go, but I don't think that thy will work with my Tx. As for "DP" someone told me that it may stand for "Daniel Place", but I'm still not sure about that.
Could be Daniel's Racing on JRCBD. His name is Daniel Place.
Oct 24, 2016, 09:54 AM
RC boat Rock Star
Yes, it could be. He does engine work, has his own line of tuned pipes (I have one on my F-41 Cat) and custom tools for the engines. I've got his phone number if you need it.
Oct 24, 2016, 07:02 PM
Thread OP
Ron you have an incoming PM!
Oct 25, 2016, 03:59 PM
RC boat Rock Star
You asked me about a prop in a PM. The one I got from www.dasboata.com is a 6518/3 and I've tried a 2716 15 degree on it which you can find cheaper. Three-blade props seem to work better on these boats with at least a low-lift (15-degree) or high-lift 10-degree but requires a different launch and way to drive it.
Oct 25, 2016, 04:16 PM
RC boat Rock Star
OK, I just went in at looked at the build sheet for your hull. They're recommending a 6719/3 which isn't a bad prop, also known as a 1967/3 and a Octura V-967/3 but is a high-lift prop.
I wouldn't add weight in the left sponson unless it really needs it. Consider that most setups on their site are very old, even they have made changes and discontinued some pieces.
http://www.insaneboats.com/wp-conten...ydro3setup.pdf
Oct 26, 2016, 08:02 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the prop info Ron and Yes I'm very familiar with Chris, he's done a few props for me. As a matter of fact I have one of his 2716/2 15 Degree bladed props on my 48" Aeromarine Cat, so I'll try 6719/3 on this Insane G3 and see where that goes!

Quick Reply