Sep 17, 2004, 10:30 AM
Thread OP
Question

help, i can't assemble my easy star

Hey guys, i just got my easy star today... but I want to test that the motor and stuff like that works before I put it in.

But i can't figure outhow to connect the motor, battery and recievere to each other.
I took a picture of the situation, and hope someone can tell me.

to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2004, 10:47 AM
Go Cocks!

Here go

Connect "D" to "A" (in the 3rd slot from the bottom, I think) and then connect "B" to "C". You may need to change the connector. Not sure what "F" is, but it may be your connectors

Make sure the motor is already "broken in" before you run it full throttle,

Tom
Sep 17, 2004, 10:53 AM
Related Diagram
Sep 17, 2004, 11:16 AM
Thread OP
ok thanks... but B and C doesn't fit together. And F wont make it possible either. this sucks

*sigh*
Sep 17, 2004, 11:25 AM
Thread OP
Also, what do you meen i have to make sure my motor is broken???

another lil question. The glue, how does it work? should I first put that activator spray on, and then wait till it's dry, and then glue??
Sep 17, 2004, 12:38 PM
Tape and Glue :D
Real Dreamer...I've been following the EasyStar links for a long time, and just became a member of RC Groups, because I found so many people here willing to help and overall friendly (and some just a little crazy too!)

Here is the link to EasyStar thread 10... https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273201
Omba is having a go at soldering. You'll need to change some of the connections you have running between the batteries, the speed control and the motor (leave the connector to the reciever the same!).

Here's what I've learned....always solder female connectors to your batteries. Go to your hobby shop, and ask for connectors (Dean's Ultra are what I've been using, but there are other options out there too).

As for the glue...don't use activator on this build. When the glue comes in contact with the activator, it sets IMMEDIATELY....if you didn't put the pieces on exactly, you're kinda up a creek....just use the CA glue, and it will set in a few minutes.

There are lots of people in the EasyStar thread that can help out a lot....read through thread ten, and even the other threads (1-9). Don't worry about rudder mods or bigger motors at first. Just build carefully and fly carefully!

Basher
Sep 17, 2004, 05:20 PM
Thread OP
hey, i think my speed controller is ****ed up. The motor wont run!!

I connected B and C. But the motor wont run
if I reverse B and C, it will turn, but smells really bad... so i think that's wrong

Quick Reply