Oct 23, 2016, 08:42 AM
Thread OP
New Product

GoolRC TX40 5.8G FPV Transmitter 40CH 600MW [Promo code available]

Hi everybody,

If you are in trouble to find which TX will be the best option for your needs, then I want to make it much worse - because there is at least one new TX on the market - GoolRC TX40 5.8G 40CH 600MW sold on Amazon.

This transmitter seems not to be too much different than the well known TS5828, TS5823 or even Eachine TX526.

The package includes:
  • 1x Transmitter module
  • 1x 5.8Ghz Antenna
  • 1x Cable with JST connector for power and Servo connector for Video/Audio In
  • 1x Cable with JST connector and USB connector

Specifications:
  • Antenna connection: RP-SMA connector
  • Output impedance: 50 ohm
  • Output power: 600mW(28dbm)
  • Power input: 6-24V
  • Audio bandwidth: 6.5Mhz
  • Input level: 1Vpp
  • Operating Temperature: -20~80°C
  • Transmitter size: 45 * 22 * 15mm
  • Transmitter weight: 11g

The above specifications are provided by the GoolRC, and when it comes to size and weight - they are quite accurate.

GoolRC decided to put a bigger heatsink, since this is a 600mw TX and this is a big PRO in my opinion. At that power, the TX is heating up quite a lot and more heat dissipation means - better performance.

Also, they used the JST-BM05B connector which has better lock and you can be sure that the cable will not disconnect in flight because of vibrations.

On the other side the transmitter features a small display and a small button to change the bands and the channels.

A long press will unlock the settings - which is a nice feature to prevent accidentally switching of the channels in flight.
After unlocking - a short press will cycle thru the channels and a long press (2-3 sec) will cycle thru the bands.

The included cable with USB port, to be honest, is worth nothing.
First of all I was not able to fit the connector in any camera except RunCamHD v1, but it didn't work. So, I suppose it is for Mobius.

A small conclusion before final words.

Pros:
  • Bigger heat sink ->better heat dissipation.
  • Better connector.

Cons:
  • The USB connector is unusable and so is the cable.
  • The TX does not have 5v or 12v output for powering up the camera.
  • They still include linear polarized antenna which nobody uses.

For the price (21.99$ at the moment of writing the review), this transmitter is worth considering. Also, GoolRC is providing a 20% discount promo code 3B4CL4KA which should be working while buying using following link http://amzn.to/2cvOiYF.

Disclaimer:
I do promise that the above review is purely my honest opinion.
I am not paid to do this review, nor I get any commission from affiliate link.
Buy using the affiliate link, you help me show that you have considered my review before buying.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply