View Poll Results: poll for my homemade heli..share your views.
my heli will fly ,just for few mins thn may fall down. 6 22.22%
this heli will fly smoothly. 0 0%
it cnt fly. 10 37.04%
yadwinder is a genius man according this project work. 7 25.93%
what will happen,anything else? 4 14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 23, 2016, 01:09 AM
Discussion

NeEd help For my custom helicopter

Hello friends, i am making custom helicopter.. its weight is exact 10kg.i am using 700mm blades with flybarless system. CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW MUCH RPM IS NEED FOR LIFT..??
to remove ads between posts
Oct 23, 2016, 02:07 AM
10 kg is a bit heavy for 700 mm blades....
My only experience is two 800 size scale helies which are 10+ kg (10,5 and 12 kg), and they run around 1000~1200 range with asymetrical blades.

But looking back at your posting history, I see this is your first heli...

I do STRONGLY recommend, to NOT build and fly this as your first heli.

Do the build, if you like, but get a 450 size or a 500 size first, and learn the basics of helicopter flight on that....
Oct 23, 2016, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967
10 kg is a bit heavy for 700 mm blades....
My only experience is two 800 size scale helies which are 10+ kg (10,5 and 12 kg), and they run around 1000~1200 range with asymetrical blades.

But looking back at your posting history, I see this is your first heli...

I do STRONGLY recommend, to NOT build and fly this as your first heli.

Do the build, if you like, but get a 450 size or a 500 size first, and learn the basics of helicopter flight on that....
Sir i already build it.. i am gonna test it after few days... i got around 2000rpm with blades of main rotor system
Oct 23, 2016, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadwindergill1
Sir i already build it.. i am gonna test it after few days... i got around 2000rpm with blades of main rotor system
and 1000~1200 is rpm or blades size?
Oct 23, 2016, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadwindergill1
and 1000~1200 is rpm or blades size?
Reread post 4 carefully.
Easy to miss
Oct 23, 2016, 07:19 AM
John
holy crap......
Oct 23, 2016, 07:34 AM
700 blades at 2000rpm is fine, go search youtube for a weight lifting challenge which a guy lifts 50lbs efficiently but as he goes higher things take a turn for worse. 10kg is like 22lbs should not be a problem except you wont get any endurance records unless the heli was packing tenlbs/5kg of lipos for a mega lipo pack of 25000mah or something (four saddle packs of 5000mahx2). Would it give you longer flight time by the same margin? not likely but close, autos would be interesting.

You sure you didn't mean to say 10LBS and not kg?
Oct 23, 2016, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icanflyheli
700 blades at 2000rpm is fine, go search youtube for a weight lifting challenge which a guy lifts 50lbs efficiently but as he goes higher things take a turn for worse. 10kg is like 22lbs should not be a problem except you wont get any endurance records unless the heli was packing tenlbs/5kg of lipos for a mega lipo pack of 25000mah or something (four saddle packs of 5000mahx2). Would it give you longer flight time by the same margin? not likely but close, autos would be interesting.

You sure you didn't mean to say 10LBS and not kg?
bro i am using 86cc petrol engine.. thats y total weight is 10kg
Oct 23, 2016, 12:24 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
It's VERY heavy for a 700 but of course it will fly if you can spin the rotors at 2000RPM.

A typical 700 helis is in 5-6Kg range but they usually have such an abundance of power lifting some extra weight isn't a problem providing you dont expect sparkling performance.

This machine of yours is potentially lethal (quite literally) so unless you are very sure of what you are doing it's really not a good idea.
Oct 23, 2016, 12:29 PM
10kg is typical of a large gasser, and the only thing different would be to go up to 800mm blades with a stretched (800) boom and tail blades, most guys would go this route.

No different than what I've been looking at recently regarding a gasser conversion and all it takes to make it air worthy.

Everyone's assuming it's your first heli is this true? lol.
Oct 23, 2016, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icanflyheli
10kg is typical of a large gasser, and the only thing different would be to go up to 800mm blades with a stretched (800) boom and tail blades, most guys would go this route.

No different than what I've been looking at recently regarding a gasser conversion and all it takes to make it air worthy.

Everyone's assuming it's your first heli is this true? lol.
yeah it is my frst heli but i researched on it 18 month on align parts, goblin parts, gaui parts, raptor parts before build it.. i make twin engine with two pistoms.. its total weight is 4.5 kg thn i made boom 90cm in my workshop... i knw i am using 700 heli main rotor system but i give full support to main shaft one bearing holder between the shaft, second one is gear.. i made gears in my workshop.. my engines will run on 6000rpm and gears will give output 2000rpm..if i use 800mm blades thn 1300rpm..now i have 710mm blades so 2000rpm..i am using flybarless system.. previous boom and gears, main rotor system weight is 4.5kg.. so i will put one litre tank between my heli for CG.. is ot good idea?????
Oct 23, 2016, 11:38 PM
YadTech Bropulsion Engineer
You have any pics? I wanna see it=)
Oct 24, 2016, 05:18 AM
this os my engine...
Oct 24, 2016, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopz
You have any pics? I wanna see it=)
Me too. The pics might good to have something to remember too...

I am a heli beginner myself and I came at it with good experience flying racekopters without selflevel assistance. I hope you are a pretty damn good pilot or this will end in tears.

I am flying a 450 t-rex right now and i can do circuits and control it somewhat well but I would not dream of flying a 10kg helicopter with the skills I have right now. Doing that without any heli experience ist pretty damn dangerous.

I wish you good luck. I hope you try flying a smaller helicopter first though.

Edit: Helis are known to be flying chainsaws. If i see this right yours is supposed to be one to the letter heh.
And this in the electic heli discussion. Damn I wasted time on a troll post.
Oct 24, 2016, 07:20 AM
Лайка - Герой Человечества.
Oh dear
Well, I guess the days of learning on big model are coming back

Quick Reply