Oct 21, 2016, 03:06 PM
Thread OP
New Product

New Blue Bird BMS-A10 F3K Servos

Hi guys,

I wanted to let you know about some new servos from Blue Bird. They are now offering a line of purpose built DLG servos. 3 variants, horizontal mount, vertical mount, and no mounts.

I'm not making any claims that these are the latest and greatest servos, but they do offer an alternative and at a fairly reasonable price. Around 40.00 per servo.

I've been testing some in my Brko for the last few weeks and results have been good. I installed pre-production units in the fuse and have been happy with them, no issues to report. They run fairly quite and are smooth. I am using them on 2S, the specs say 6-7.4 volts, however at the time I right this I am not sure about single cell setups, I will try and get some info from Blue Bird about this.

Update, new spec sheet reflecting 1S performance.

Some general specs-

Weights- 7.3-7.4 grams
Speed- .07/7.4V .09/6.0V .15/3.7V
Torque- 1.6kg/3.7V 2.5kg/6.0V 3.0kg/7.4V
Dimensions- 22mm x 8mm x 15.3mm

Attached are some photos and detailed spec sheet.

I hope to have them in stock before the end of November.
Last edited by ak79; Nov 07, 2016 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Updated Spec sheet
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2016, 03:08 PM
Thread OP
Photo of Pre Pro units in my Brko.
Oct 21, 2016, 03:12 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Very cute.
Please report how it performs in the plane over a longer time.
Hope it delivers enough power on 1-cell voltage.
Oct 21, 2016, 05:08 PM
On your website it says you're sold out I'm interested in three of them I'll give it a try
Oct 21, 2016, 05:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by donald s
On your website it says you're sold out I'm interested in three of them I'll give it a try
Still waiting on production, Ill have some before the end of November.
Oct 21, 2016, 06:50 PM
Retirement is good
Decent specs and size, not a completely stupid price, but very limited market given the vast use of 1S. Looking forward to more data in practical use...

Dick
Nov 20, 2016, 01:28 AM
can someone share the link to his website? what is the price?
Nov 21, 2016, 11:22 AM
Closed Account
What is the total height with an arm mounted. On the Epee this is our biggest concern.
Nov 21, 2016, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by excelon351
can someone share the link to his website? what is the price?
Flightcomp.com
Nov 21, 2016, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Builder
What is the total height with an arm mounted. On the Epee this is our biggest concern.
The Epee is a 1M right?

There are basic dimensions for the A10 on the Flightcomp.com website and right now this servo is listed at 8mm thick.

Bluebird also makes a 5 gram HV servo called the 101HV. Ali is selling those and they are in stock now. Not sure if the torque is enough for an Epee @ 16oz. That is 7.6mm thick. If total height is an issue I would rather have the stronger servo.
Nov 21, 2016, 01:24 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwjoon
The Epee is a 1M right?

There are basic dimensions for the A10 on the Flightcomp.com website and right now this servo is listed at 8mm thick.

Bluebird also makes a 5 gram HV servo called the 101HV. Ali is selling those and they are in stock now. Not sure if the torque is enough for an Epee @ 16oz. That is 7.6mm thick. If total height is an issue I would rather have the stronger servo.
The Epee is a 1M and 11oz has been plenty of torque even with some of the strongest launchers. The thickness of the servo is of little concern (within reason) but the height is an issue. Currently the best servo for the Epee is a Blue Arrow DS 3013 as it is is fast, precise and short. However they are only available from one source so I am constantly looking for other options. Weight isn't even a real issue as she flies best with some nose weight.

It would be great if Blue Bird were to come out with a servo we could use in the Epee !!

I just went and looked at them. They look to be a nice servo but more servo than the Epee really needs.
Nov 21, 2016, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Builder
The Epee is a 1M and 11oz has been plenty of torque even with some of the strongest launchers. The thickness of the servo is of little concern (within reason) but the height is an issue. Currently the best servo for the Epee is a Blue Arrow DS 3013 as it is is fast, precise and short. However they are only available from one source so I am constantly looking for other options. Weight isn't even a real issue as she flies best with some nose weight.

It would be great if Blue Bird were to come out with a servo we could use in the Epee !!

I just went and looked at them. They look to be a nice servo but more servo than the Epee really needs.
101HV looks like a better fit. On paper it's thinner than the Blue Arrow. Definitely not as cheap.
Nov 22, 2016, 01:35 PM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
Specs look good. I'll be interested in trying some of these out. I use a "generic" cad model of a servo in all of my DLG designs. This servo coincidentally matches the physical specs I design to almost perfectly.

Please let us know when they're stocked. I'd like to score at least two sets of them to compare against KST and MKS.
Nov 28, 2016, 08:04 PM
Aurora Builder
Ask,

Minor detail, the photos for the V and H versions on your website don't match the datasheet.

How tight are the gears? How accurate are they centering? How do they compare with the KST X08 v3.1's?
Dec 10, 2016, 02:03 PM
Any news regarding using a 1S lipo?

Quick Reply