Oct 07, 2018, 11:22 AM
Hey Thomas,

My new pilot figure has been enjoying your flying videos. He's hoping he can fly his Honk as well as you do!

Brad
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2018, 01:20 PM
scratchbuilder
Looks like a qualified pilot!
Oct 08, 2018, 06:21 PM
Low And Slow 3D Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
Looks like a qualified pilot!
Indeed. Did you ever finish the honks plans?
Oct 08, 2018, 11:33 PM
flyin' fool
Was out flying my original Trottel today. Aerobatic/3D is a perfect description. One of my favorite flyers of all time, and that covers a lot of models in over 50 years of RC.
Oct 09, 2018, 12:58 PM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Was out flying my original Trottel today. Aerobatic/3D is a perfect description. One of my favorite flyers of all time, and that covers a lot of models in over 50 years of RC.
It makes a little proud to read this.
Oct 09, 2018, 01:00 PM
scratchbuilder
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverW
Indeed. Did you ever finish the honks plans?
Yes. They will be online as a free Modell-Aviator download plan in about two or three weeks.
Oct 10, 2018, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B.
Yes. They will be online as a free Modell-Aviator download plan in about two or three weeks.
Awesome!
Oct 11, 2018, 05:06 PM
flyin' fool
Thomas's build, compare ..
Oct 11, 2018, 05:11 PM
flyin' fool
The nose top and hatch are two of those pieces.
Oct 11, 2018, 05:30 PM
Jim
Quote:
Thomas's build, compare ..
I did. Just making sure! I don't want to overthink this but it looks and feels a bit weak. I may add one just to make me feel better lolol.
Oct 11, 2018, 05:35 PM
Jim
I noticed your build looks stronger...like you said...a few mods!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1&postcount=10
Oct 11, 2018, 11:32 PM
flyin' fool
Here's the stage my present build is in, or should I say 'are' in. There's two original sized and one 22 incher in that pile of sliced up EPP. All with the KFm2 airfoil. The small one has a profile fuselage and the others are going to be built up.

I chose the '2' airfoil as I've flown it and the '4' and saw no advantage in one over the other. Besides, we found the wing incidence needed some fine tuning with the four or you would have to fly straight and level with a bit of up elevator. All my KFm2 builds were great aerobatic and 3D flyer, and were lighter.
Last edited by goldguy; Oct 11, 2018 at 11:41 PM.
Oct 12, 2018, 07:47 AM
Jim
Quote:
Here's the stage my present build is in, or should I say 'are' in. There's two original sized and one 22 incher in that pile of sliced up EPP. All with the KFm2 airfoil. The small one has a profile fuselage and the others are going to be built up.

I chose the '2' airfoil as I've flown it and the '4' and saw no advantage in one over the other. Besides, we found the wing incidence needed some fine tuning with the four or you would have to fly straight and level with a bit of up elevator. All my KFm2 builds were great aerobatic and 3D flyer, and were lighter.
I like the simplicity of the solid bloc fuse. I need some EPP!
Oct 12, 2018, 08:29 AM
flyin' fool
I just melt out the holes/slots I need to mount the equipment flush with a solder iron run against a steel ruler.

I've got a few slabs of EPP in different thicknesses, but I think it's better served to be sliced up into sheets. It's just getting so hard to find anymore. Fortunately, I've got a life time supply. Although, at my age, that's not saying much.

Quick Reply