Sep 13, 2020, 11:30 PM
Slow Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleRRon
Itís not an exact science. 40% or 50% will work. Most people say use the chord without ailerons but Iíve done it with and the wing still works. Very forgiving design for model airplanes.
It is good to know , that clarifies many think in some design i have seen.
Thanks!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2020, 05:38 AM
flyin' fool
It's a 20 incher and weighs in at 140 grams RTF. Will maiden today if the skies clear from all the fires to the south of us.
Last edited by goldguy; Sep 16, 2020 at 02:00 PM.
Sep 16, 2020, 09:22 AM
Slow Flight
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
It's a 20 incher and weighs in at 140 grams RTF. Will maiden today if the skies clear from all the fires to the south of us.
Wow, that really light. Wing load should be very good for a 3D. What ffoam and thickness did you use? Also what motor and prop?
Looking forward to see mainden.
Thanks for sharing!
Sep 16, 2020, 02:08 PM
flyin' fool
It's built with 1/4" EPP, powered by a Racerstar BR1306/3100KV with a VGood 6A esc on 2S 450 lipos, 4 X 3.7 digi servos and a 6 ch Orange RX.

Got three flap modes dialed in to play with.

The skies are still yellow and foul smelling , supposed to blow away in a few hours. Hopin' !!!
Sep 16, 2020, 02:11 PM
flyin' fool
The setup is ............. not measured, just eyeballed ..............

horz. stab at 0 degrees, the wing at 1 positive and the motor a few to the right and a few down.
Sep 16, 2020, 02:16 PM
flyin' fool
My 24" Micro Blade 3D has the same gear and is 3.5 ounces RTF. Talk about big fun with a small model.

Although, building small and light is a big challenge and a lot of extra work. Worth it though!!
Sep 17, 2020, 10:23 AM
flyin' fool
Flies great. Need to adjust a CG issue. Will 'try' to do a vid.
Sep 17, 2020, 08:55 PM
flyin' fool
Was this the first one?
Sep 21, 2020, 10:49 AM
flyin' fool
Not a CG issue, it's a decalage issue. Will adjust the horz stab and try again. Had the same problem with Trottel #1 that I built, as did my FB.

Also, going to change the motor to the 4000kv version and replace the motor mount. Printed ones don't work well, they're too soft to hold the tension against a tightened cap screw and constantly loosen. Back to aluminum or Lexan.
Sep 24, 2020, 04:27 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Was this the first one?
Where did you find this one?
Sep 24, 2020, 04:41 PM
flyin' fool
Did a google and it showed up.

Been working on a smaller Bee racer as well.
Sep 25, 2020, 12:13 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
A hungarian punkrock band with a german name at a festival in belgium!. That was europe in the 90`s!
Nov 25, 2020, 05:38 PM
Sonex Builder and Flyer

Wow!

I built a Trottel from Dollar Tree foam with the paper removed. I laminated all outer surfaces with clear laminating film.

Motor: 1806 - 2300kv
Prop: 5x3
ESC: 12a
Battery: 450mah 3S
Servos: 9g

Weight without battery: 178g
Weight with battery: 212g

I am new to RC having flown my first plane about 4 months ago. So, I dialed the rates for my Trottel back to 60% with 30% expo. I am absolutely blown away by how great this airplane flies. Yes, I crashed a little the first couple of flights. But, now I can fly it with ease and am having tons of fun. The graphics on my wing are to show my appreciation to Thomas for sharing such a wonderful design.
Nov 25, 2020, 06:09 PM
looking up, down under
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDave
I am new to RC having flown my first plane about 4 months ago. So, I dialed the rates for my Trottel back to 60% with 30% expo. I am absolutely blown away by how great this airplane flies. Yes, I crashed a little the first couple of flights. But, now I can fly it with ease and am having tons of fun. The graphics on my wing are to show my appreciation to Thomas for sharing such a wonderful design.
great work

it's got wrinkles like me

they must be smile lines
Nov 26, 2020, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDave
I built a Trottel from Dollar Tree foam with the paper removed. I laminated all outer surfaces with clear laminating film.

Motor: 1806 - 2300kv
Prop: 5x3
ESC: 12a
Battery: 450mah 3S
Servos: 9g

Weight without battery: 178g
Weight with battery: 212g

Very nice.

Quick Reply