Aug 10, 2019, 10:07 PM
looking up, down under
people already there !
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post42385853
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2019, 01:48 PM
Nice link Scruffy, I have seen several conversions and of the larger (often called the Lidl glider here because that is who often sells them) version but that list of vids will certainly be of interest.

It's the aero-towing part that has me interested....

Paul
Latest blog entry: Just To Say Hello.......
Aug 11, 2019, 05:53 PM
looking up, down under
intrigued by the idea, i went to buy one myself, but then got distracted by this one
https://www.banggood.com/100cm-Wings...r_warehouse=CN

might end up as a dlg using the wings alone i wonder
Aug 13, 2019, 01:24 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP
It should work, Paul. We did it with the Honk and the Lidl glider and the Honk was way overpowered, the Trottel should easily pull the Bettenlager glider. You made a good deal, Aldi sold them for 5Ä! I bought 4 of them.
Lidl Glider / Nurflidl im F-Schlepp (2 min 51 sec)
Aug 13, 2019, 06:02 PM
looking up, down under
to any interested party in those little gliders, aliexpress are selling a pack of 5 for under $10usd shipped !

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32964224898.html

mine shipped overnight
Sep 06, 2019, 07:15 PM
Build, crash...repeat

Printing plans

I really want to build one of these but I see the plans are for A4 paper size, not US letter. I printed them on letter size paper 8.5x11Ē but things donít quite line up.
Anyone have any tips or methods for printing correctly on letter size paper?
Sep 10, 2019, 07:49 AM
Plan????

I just printed this (thanks DaveR) :-

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=8396

I think that there was 1 measurement not given but can't remember what, easy enough to figure out....

I scaled mine down to match what GoldGuy did and it all worked a treat.

Paul
Sep 11, 2019, 09:29 PM
Build, crash...repeat
I saw that at one point but I wasnít sure if it was the final model. I think there were a few plan tweaks along the way. But itís if this is the real deal then itís easy enough to draw parts on the foam
Sep 12, 2019, 02:03 PM
I downloaded the original plan from the German site when it came out and stuck the sheets together (all done at work) intending to build one but at some point I had a clear-out and binned several plans. The decision to 'do' a Trottle was a spur of the moment thing following GoldGuys recommendations as a portable model to take to work for the lunch breaks but I couldn't be bothered to download it again and stick it all together, hence using the drawing that Dave did.

I didn't note any differences but never had them side by side to compare. Can say that mine flies fine, was a quick cheap build (I had everything to hand) and can be carried in the side panniers of my push bike.

Paul
Sep 19, 2019, 06:06 AM
Build, crash...repeat
OK I built one. I ordered some A4 paper from Amazon and printed the plans, rough cut the pieces, glued them to poster board to make templates for future rebuilds, and cut them out of MPF. But something was off on the fuselage. The wing saddle wasnít level with the bottom of the fuse. Not sure thatíd make a difference, but I decided to take measurements from Thomasí printed plans and recreate the plane in Sketchup first. Once I got that right I took those measurements, drew them on poster board and made new templates. I made a few mods at the tail and I made a kfm2 wing.
The build is super easy using hot glue and tape hinges.
Using a BlueWonder 1300kV motor and 7Ē slowfly prop. 800 mAh lipo and 12A ESC. Check it out. Love it! Itís so agile but not too hard to control. Until I did something wrong of course. Simple fix though.
Trottel Maiden (1 min 18 sec)
Oct 08, 2019, 03:15 PM
scratchbuilder
Thread OP

Preview Trotteldecker

Plans will be online in few weeks. Anyone interested in building it earlier , send me a PM.
TrottelDecker Preview (1 min 13 sec)
Oct 08, 2019, 04:58 PM
If it flies - I want one!
Looks great, Thomas! I have enough on the board at the moment, but will be keen to have a go when the plans are issued. Thank you!
Pete
Oct 09, 2019, 12:33 AM
Out Standing In The Field
Flies & looks terrific (as usual, Thomas)

With its small size, those colors and the sound it makes, I'd call it the Angry Bumblebee!
Oct 09, 2019, 11:34 AM
Build, crash...repeat
It doesn't look angry though...maybe the Happy Bumblebee???

Awesome flying skills too, I hope I can do that some day
Oct 09, 2019, 07:25 PM
Will the released plans be available in one sheet as well as tiled?

Quick Reply