Oct 21, 2016, 12:19 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
New Product

Diatone SP3 Stackable Switchable 25/200/600mW VTx /w OSD, Pigtail, & 5V BEC - $40

more details: http://www.banggood.com/Diatone-SP3-5_8G-48CH-OSD-025200600MW-Switchable-Video-Transmitter-RaceBand-p-1095502.html

Operating voltage: 10-25V
5V BEC current: 300mA
Transmitting power: 25/200/600mW
Weight: 12g

some footage with a HS1177 camera and unknown receiver/antennas/DVR:

GT2 DVR (2 min 26 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2016, 12:23 AM
Can you give me some information on OSD setup? Just got the SP3 VTX but I've never setup an OSD... Appreciate any help. Thanks

For anyone Wanting a close look at the SP3, I just uploaded this:
Diatone SP3 Stackable VTX + OSD - Selectable 0mw/25mw/200mw/600mw (5 min 7 sec)
Nov 02, 2016, 06:56 AM
Quad Enthusiast
Does this vtx/osd have the ability to display current and mAh used? That's the deal maker or breaker for me
Nov 02, 2016, 11:38 AM

Osd

Diatone is doing an awesome job with items like this, they could improve it by giving the OPTION of a 90degree end on the pigtail as most frames you'd use the bulkhead sma fitting on have the mounting location perpendicular to the VTX. I mean a 90degree bulkhead fitting ON the pigtail, NOT hard mounted to the PCB. Also betaflight now allows for OSD configuration via the configurator, if Diatone made it so we could program it's OSD via betaflight they would sell a heck of a lot more units...

Opps, I almost forgot, most people are now being able to change flight controller pids/settings, VTX power levels and channels/bands via the OSD and RC contoller, buttons are the new dip switches, meaning obsolete... ;-)
Last edited by Geodesix; Nov 02, 2016 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something...
Nov 07, 2016, 10:32 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
it's now in stock on banggood
Nov 26, 2016, 01:38 PM

voltage reading is not accurate

I am installing this vtx/osd and I am having trouble with the voltage reading.

first, its at the top left of the screen and cut off on both my fatshark goggles and my lcd screen groundstation and I can't read it

second, its too high. It reads 12.8 when actual voltage is 11.2 BUT when I connect the FC to the computer with USB, then it reads perfect. When I unplug, I watch the voltage climb back up.
Nov 29, 2016, 07:29 PM
Various miniquads.
What power output does this default to on power up? 0mw, last used, or something else?

I'd love to have a read of the manual if someone could link to it?
Dec 07, 2016, 07:22 PM
Is it normal to get very hot???
how do I turn OSD off, in one of my builds I want it of, don't want to connect to the FC, but it keeps blinking "not connected" "disarm"
turned everything off and steel getting this!
so annoying!
please help

Diatone SP3 VTX (0 min 14 sec)
Last edited by taboaco; Dec 07, 2016 at 09:38 PM. Reason: add video
Jan 06, 2017, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taboaco
Is it normal to get very hot???
how do I turn OSD off, in one of my builds I want it of, don't want to connect to the FC, but it keeps blinking "not connected" "disarm"
turned everything off and steel getting this!
so annoying!
please help

https://youtu.be/5m2RbGwvYa0
You need to go to Layout editor on the GUI and disable basically all the features, that includes warning.
Jan 06, 2017, 01:39 PM

O got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusDrAg
You need to go to Layout editor on the GUI and disable basically all the features, that includes warning.
it was on the GUI top right corner to disable it!
tanks
Jan 13, 2017, 08:04 AM
Closed Account
Awesome gadget love it.

Hey im using a motolab tempest and it has an LC filter port to plug in vtx.

Is this where i plug my sp3 in? Or use batt voltage?
Jan 13, 2017, 08:09 AM
This looks like a cool product, but um . . I see this warning on the image there:

Quote:
Caution: If 5v suddenly power off, please disconnect and reconnect later on. This is because the current surpassed 300mA, SP3 5V BEC owns overload protection function.
I guess that would be bad in flight, so I personally couldn't use the 5v BEC for anything.
Jan 13, 2017, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadLeprechaun
This looks like a cool product, but um . . I see this warning on the image there:

I guess that would be bad in flight, so I personally couldn't use the 5v BEC for anything.
I use for the camera, the HS1177 uses half of it so it's fine!
Jan 18, 2017, 10:36 AM
Anyone know of a UK supplier of these? Only seen it on one site but never seen it in stock.
Jan 21, 2017, 11:11 AM
Closed Account
I purchased one from a member here and the heatsink gets hot is this normal operation?

Quick Reply