Fss #5 - RC Groups
Oct 20, 2016, 02:29 PM
Team USA F3J
Discussion

Fss #5

The St. Augustine RC Flyers ( http://www.staugustinercflyers.com/home.html ) will be sponsoring the FSS #5 November 5th and 6th.

PLEASE NOTE: Daylight Savings Time ends Sunday at 2:00 AM. So...Sundays Pilot meeting is actually 24 hours after Saturday's meeting.

Dillon Graves
Last edited by TD Dillon; Oct 28, 2016 at 08:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2016, 10:27 PM
Adam
Same weekend a the Punkin Chunk unfortunately for me.
Oct 24, 2016, 11:17 AM
Due to some issues with storm related problems at the IRKS flying site; the St Augustine RC Flyers ( http://www.staugustinercflyers.com/home.html ) will be sponsoring the FSS #5 November 5th and 6th at our new flying site. Our flying site is just west of I-95 and hwy 207 intersection. There are great hotel, campgrounds and restaurants close by. Lunch both days will be available on the field, some discussion about a beer and brisket party Saturday night. Carl Schneider our club president will be the CD and I will be the safety officer for this contest. We are working on Tee Shirts for this event and would like some feedback on attendance for shirts and groceries considerations.MORE INFORMATION TO COME; please come fly with us; we think we have a great glider location and want to try it out.
John Kennedy
Oct 24, 2016, 11:34 AM
John Graves

Fss #5

For those of you that haven't heard yet.
We have had to cancel the FSS #5 at IRKS.
The IRKS sailplane field has been taken over by the county.
They are trying to deal with the aftermath of debris from Hurricane Matthew.
On a good note, it's nice to hear that we have another field opening up for us in St Augustine.
Thanks John for picking up the torch on this and keeping it running.
John Graves
Oct 24, 2016, 12:38 PM
AECS USN RET. P3 FE
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxaneandjohn
Due to some issues with storm related problems at the IRKS flying site; the St Augustine RC Flyers ( http://www.staugustinercflyers.com/home.html ) will be sponsoring the FSS #5 November 5th and 6th at our new flying site. Our flying site is just west of I-95 and hwy 207 intersection. There are great hotel, campgrounds and restaurants close by. Lunch both days will be available on the field, some discussion about a beer and brisket party Saturday night. Carl Schneider our club president will be the CD and I will be the safety officer for this contest. We are working on Tee Shirts for this event and would like some feedback on attendance for shirts and groceries considerations.MORE INFORMATION TO COME; please come fly with us; we think we have a great glider location and want to try it out.
John Kennedy
In an effort to increase attendance has any though been given to:
Dropping the "mixed launch format"
and
Running ALES as a completely separate class
In ref to the above:it would require no additional equipment
no additional landing area
Oct 24, 2016, 12:48 PM
Allan,
Check PM
Oct 24, 2016, 12:59 PM
AECS USN RET. P3 FE
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxaneandjohn
Allan,
Check PM
Did not rec'v
Oct 24, 2016, 02:16 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
It's marked on my calendar! John, hopefully you bottled up some of the nice weather from this past weekend and can uncork it then!

EDIT: Quick question:

Are the pilot meetings still at the same times, 9:45 on Sat and 8:45 on Sun?
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!
Oct 24, 2016, 04:29 PM
Registered Taranis User
I think I found the site. Is it this?

Johns County Solid Waste
3005 Alan Nease Rd
Elkton, FL 32033

Google Street View
Latest blog entry: Taranis: Aileron-To-Rudder Mix.
Oct 24, 2016, 05:08 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
I have a little different address. I clicked on the map on the club's "Sign Up" page.

Link to Google Maps

3056 Alan Nease Rd
St Augustine, FL 3209

Looks like a beautiful field!
Latest blog entry: Finished My Sbach 342!
Oct 24, 2016, 05:34 PM
Registered Taranis User
My link shows a sign that says "transfer station trucks only" while yours is the public entrance, 1/2 mile to the north. Yours is probably the right one.
Oct 24, 2016, 08:05 PM

Entrance to field

Hi all,

Your google street view is almost correct. From rte. 207 north on Allan Neice Road the first thing is the transfer station, a bit further are the offices for the landfill. Just past the office entrance is a small road that is the entrance to the BMX track. The BMX entrance is the correct one to use and is marked as such. Enter the track and continue to the far right corner of the area. Since the Google map was taken they have installed a gate just for the RC club. Should the BMX track be in use there will be someone to give you entrance to the field from the second gate. At that time you will also be guided to the venue and the proper way to get there. We have had great cooperation with the county and want to follow the route that meets their guidelines. Hope to see you all there.
Oct 24, 2016, 08:11 PM
Registered Taranis User
Ah ha! So it's here.
Oct 24, 2016, 08:34 PM

Just right

That is the entrance and the second gate is in the far right corner of the BMX area. One of the two gates will be locked and someone will be at the locked gate to show you where.
Oct 24, 2016, 09:51 PM
The club president and his wife have offered to make tee shirts for any interested flyers... I understand price will be ten dollars and pre-orders would be appreciated. Please post size preference with attendance notification.

Compass RV Park 1505 State Road 207 St Aug. 904-824-3574 is about 10-15 minutes from site for potential campers.

Starting time on Sunday could be negotiated Saturday after awards (masters, expert, and novice). Pilots meeting 9:45 on Saturday.

1. John Kennedy - 1 large shirt