Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

2016 Atlanta Punkin Chunk is Almost Here

The North Atlanta Soaring Association is hosting the 2016 Atlanta Punkin Chunk DLG Contest on November 4 - 6

Splash

New Location for Hand Launch Fun

The North Atlanta Soaring Association is hosting the 2016 Atlanta Punkin Chunk DLG Contest on November 4 - 6. The contest is normally held at the NASA field, but this year it will play out at the Pecan Patch where Mark and Judy will graciously host all us F3K nutballs. Currently there are 43 pilots signed up and the festivities look to be as fun as ever. You can participate in the Frankenplane contest, 1M and All Up Last Down along with the primary F3K contest.

The cost is $65 for the weekend and you can sign up right here. You won't want to miss out on the fun. There will be nighttime action as well so plan on camping out at the field for the full experience. I'll be on hand competing and capturing photos and videos to share on RCGroups. Hope to see you there!

For more information, check out the official event thread here.

Oct 20, 2016, 10:07 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I'm not a DLG guy but have had a blast visiting NASA for this event. It is quite a cool sight to see one of these comp's in person, the mass launches, the chaos, the shenanigans.... lots of fun.

I have missed so many events this year due to surgeries, I am definitely sneaking down for evening activities, nothing like a party at the Patch!

TEAM NO SLEEP!
Oct 21, 2016, 03:01 PM
RCGroups Editor
"Punkin" does for me what the word "moist" does for the rest of the free world. There. I had to say it!
Oct 22, 2016, 08:10 PM
DLG addict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
"Punkin" does for me what the word "moist" does for the rest of the free world. There. I had to say it!
"Quad and drone" do the same to me

But on topic, this event is the big finale for the 2017 season and lots of the big names are set to attend. It will be a great barometer to see how we stack up. Not to mention the Pecan Patch is a incredible venue for soaring and the hosts are some of the best people in the hobby.