Oct 19, 2016, 09:52 PM
Discussion

Software updates

I picked up a second hand TX and have been having lockout issues. One thing I did not do is check to see it this TX has the same software version as the two receivers I have tried with it. Would the TX module and the RX having different software versions cause a reliability issue? I grabbed my other TX did a bind and flew the airplane without issue so I'm thinking sending the TX in for a look is due.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2016, 10:39 AM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Software shouldn't create a compatability issue, but it helps to know which components you have.

The updates are always recommended.
Oct 20, 2016, 04:13 PM
This was with an A9 with two different Optima 9 channel receivers. I had originally thought the CF canopy was creating an issue so the second RX has antennas mounted external. In both cases the system went into hold while the airplane was to my left, about 700' away and on a downline with canopy facing me. The TX antenna was in the reccomend vertical position. It looks like the TX antenna signal dispersion pattern is weak on that side for some reason. When I swapped out to my other A9 TX the airplane was dead reliable again. Looks like I will just send the TX in for a look. Really kind of sucks as I had great scores going until the issue developed.
Last edited by exf3bguy; Oct 20, 2016 at 04:22 PM.