Oct 14, 2021, 08:12 AM

MZ-24 random beeps

Have an MZ-24 pro that I have been flying for at least 5-6 yrs. Yesterday I had something happen that I have never experienced before. The TX would randomly beep at me. 1 beep, sometimes 2 or even 3 beeps. Not a RX strength alert. Not a timer related beep. Not a voltage related beep. Only happened while in the air. Only thing I changed before the issue was the F/S delay from .25 sec to .5 sec. So my question is, this seems to be a "Signal" related issue, but what does it actually mean?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2021, 02:27 PM
c/f
c/f
You will actually get a telemetry link inactive prior to a rx strength issue as the receiver will try to preserve receiver integrity and drop out telemetry.

How do I know, Well I tested it inadvertently. I put a dual antenna rx that I cannabolized to a single antenna and forgotten about. Grabbing a single antenna rx did not send any warning signs, however in the air only as I flew it I would get the occasional beeps but not a voice alert, then occassionally the voice would say telemetry link inactive, this along with the MAH use of my battery was under pacing my flight timer by allot.

After landing it became clear that telemetry reporting on a single antenna made for 2 antenna was an issue, I installed the second antenna and MAH battery telemetry was solved as well as obscure beeps minus voice. .02
Latest blog entry: Outlaw Time Capsule

Quick Reply