Turnigy Evolution Digital AFHDS Radio Control System

Looking for a travel sized radio? Look no further, HobbyKing has you covered with the new Turnigy Evolution Digital AFHDS Radio Control System...

Splash

The Ultimate Travel Radio

Looking for a travel sized radio? Look no further, HobbyKing has you covered with the new Turnigy Evolution Digital AFHDS Radio Control System. This new radio was designed with FPV drone pilots and racers in mind. It's small, but still has great ergonomics in your hands like a game controller. The gimbals have ball bearings for a nice feel too. The best part is that it comes with a cover you can put on and throw the whole radio in a backpack and head to the field without worry of damage or it taking up too much space.

The Turnigy Evolution Digital AFHDS Radio Control System runs on 2.4GHz AFHDS 2A with 8 channels and it comes with a TGV-iA6C receiver. It has two omnidirectional high gain antennas built into the case for a solid radio link. It's got a backlit LCD touch screen on top for programming, two 3-position switches, a potentiometer knob and 5 model memory built in. It is by far, the best radio for backpacking to find that perfect FPV spot. It comes in white or black and costs $67.

Check out the Turnigy Evolution Digital AFHDS Radio Control System at HobbyKing.

Oct 19, 2016, 10:07 AM
I actually really like the form factor. I just wish it had trim tabs and mixing and dual rates/expo so it was usable for fixed wings as well as multirotors.
Oct 19, 2016, 11:03 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I liked it too until I noted no trim tabs. I can live with all the other minimal features, but I would not buy any radio without trim available.
Oct 19, 2016, 11:13 AM
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails
I liked it too until I noted no trim tabs. I can live with all the other minimal features, but I would not buy any radio without trim available.
No trims needed for multirotors
Oct 19, 2016, 11:51 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I did not realize multis were the only target... I was excited for a compact, cheap, 8ch radio for travels that would serve both planes and multis.
Perhaps a v2 is coming
Oct 19, 2016, 12:00 PM
Does this Tx work with this tiny little receiver?

http://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-A8...ceiver-1092861
Oct 19, 2016, 02:45 PM
JTS
JTS
Trims are definitely needed for multirotors. Perhaps not for GPS controlled camera ships but FPV racers? absolutely.
Oct 19, 2016, 02:58 PM
DFS#000178
Yeah trim is definitely needed for multirotors. Especially tris with servo-actuated yaw.

It's a neat looking little TX. If it had trims and was DSM2/X compatible I'd get one for my UMX planes. I don't like hauling my DX6 or 7 around in the back of my Jeep.
Oct 19, 2016, 04:28 PM
I was wondering about the lack of trims. My $10 e010 induxtrix clone has trim buttons..
Oct 19, 2016, 06:00 PM
its sure a shame that these purpose built FPV TX are being made so poorly. Something that was compact, portable, OPENtx with good gimbals, had a JR module bay could sell like hotcakes. everyone keeps going in the wrong direction. IE this and the tango being too limited in adjustments, and the horus being way way way over the top when all everyone wanted was a little nicer hardware and design on the taranis.
Oct 19, 2016, 09:18 PM
Permanently Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
I was wondering about the lack of trims. My $10 e010 induxtrix clone has trim buttons..
It needs a trim switch: Press it and the current stick posistions are copied to subtrims.
Oct 20, 2016, 02:52 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Looks good for my portable plane but No trim button?! HK could get more sale if it have some trim buttons for plane enthusiast.
Oct 20, 2016, 03:18 AM
According to the manual it at least has a sub trim function, but no trim buttons is a huge mistake, unless they come out with a fixed wing version later. I see that Im not the only one who would have liked to use this on planes, so thake a note of that HK. I guess I just have to wait for the V2 to come out
Oct 20, 2016, 03:31 AM
ultra cheap pilot
How about the receiver, does all channel have fail safe feature?
Oct 20, 2016, 10:58 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
How about the receiver, does all channel have fail safe feature?
in the manual there is a section on the failsafe.

i do really like the form and price point, but as others said, concerned about the lack of trims (it does have sub trims, but im not sure they would be enough in some cases)

Quick Reply