Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 16, 2016, 03:37 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahless
Received my ARF wizard the other day, looks great, hooked it up to my deviated devo 10 using a redcon ppm receiver with no fuss, just a bit of fiddling setting up flight mode and arming switches. The betaflight cli tells it came with betaflight 3.0.0 already installed!

Thanks for the update, I will add the info to the first posting in this thread. Can you post a screenshot of PID settings, so we can compare these with the ones that are on the X220 that came with 2.9.1?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 16, 2016, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJordan
I am just getting into the ARF model. What is a great, lightweight receiver I could use that is directly compatible with my Spectrum DX9?
Subscribed. I have a DX8 and would be interested in everyone's receiver choices.
Nov 16, 2016, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie517
Subscribed. I have a DX8 and would be interested in everyone's receiver choices.
Plenty of options for DX8 it depends if you want to use the 3pin servo connector for a receiver or if you want to do a little solder job and use a spektrum receiver which will use the uart pads signal to rx ground to ground and positive to the 3.3v pad on the flight controller. Also there is a cheaper receiver lemon rx or even the orange rx from HK and you can just bind through betaflight.
Nov 16, 2016, 02:48 PM

Pids

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Thanks for the update, I will add the info to the first posting in this thread. Can you post a screenshot of PID settings, so we can compare these with the ones that are on the X220 that came with 2.9.1?
Sure, here are screenshots
Nov 16, 2016, 02:59 PM
Settings seem identical, including the RC Rate for yaw set at 0.00...
Nov 16, 2016, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Settings seem identical, including the RC Rate for yaw set at 0.00...
Hmm that will make an interesting first flight, better change that this is my first race quad, kind of learning this stuff as i go along.
Nov 16, 2016, 07:01 PM

Many thanks

Soloprofan thankyou. You just probably saved me a stupid amount of time and worry with your post. Being new to programming these boards I would have been pulling my hair out looking for the reason I had no yaw response on my arf x220, but there was the solution in your opening post yay!Awesome.
Nov 17, 2016, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Hmm that will make an interesting first flight, better change that this is my first race quad, kind of learning this stuff as i go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highsider900
Soloprofan thankyou. You just probably saved me a stupid amount of time and worry with your post. Being new to programming these boards I would have been pulling my hair out looking for the reason I had no yaw response on my arf x220, but there was the solution in your opening post yay!Awesome.

Glad I could help. I've been at the field twice, pondering why there was no yaw. The first time I didn't notice the wrong setting, the next time I had changed it, but forgot to press save on the screen, before going to a different tab, and check some other settings. So the next flight was still without yaw...
Nov 17, 2016, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Received my ARF wizard the other day, looks great, hooked it up to my deviated devo 10 using a redcon ppm receiver with no fuss, just a bit of fiddling setting up flight mode and arming switches. The betaflight cli tells it came with betaflight 3.0.0 already installed!
Hi Kahless, good to know your ARF version came with BF3.0. Hope mine also will be BF3.0. Reading the RTF threads, everybody is saying wizard X220 with BF3.0 perform better then BF2.9. Mine just ship on 11/11.....cant wait to fly mine.
Nov 17, 2016, 02:52 AM

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by muida375
Hi Kahless, good to know your ARF version came with BF3.0. Hope mine also will be BF3.0. Reading the RTF threads, everybody is saying wizard X220 with BF3.0 perform better then BF2.9. Mine just ship on 11/11.....cant wait to fly mine.
Just took my wizard out for it's maiden flight, just some Los around the oval, wow, most amazing thing to fly, ive come from a hubsan h501s and various toy quads to this, it's like the Ferrari of quads in comparison, i am pretty sure it was actually endowed with magical powers by a wizard, crazy.
Thanks Soloprofan, definitely saved me a lot of hassle with the zero yaw issue
Nov 17, 2016, 03:12 AM
I too have received my Wizard. It is the updated version with the green led at the front, and Betaflight 3.0.0.

I use a mac at home and I've had a hard time connecting with the FC. I run OS-X sierra (latest). In the end, I have had to download the drivers from SiLabs

Since then I can connect and do whatever is needed in betaflight, but I have not yet been able to flash 3.0.1.

Hope this helps someone.
Nov 17, 2016, 01:00 PM
Hi all,

New to the forums. I received my Wizard X220 earlier this week. Had a little trouble getting the receiver hooked up w/ IBUS and working with my transmitter. I am using a Flysky FS-iA6B with an Eachine I6 transmitter. The documentation for these things is definitely lacking. It's a frustrating process of pulling bits and pieces of info from all over for each component.

Now it's all together and working. Will plan on getting some videos this weekend!

Previously I was flying a Eachine Falcon 250, the Wizard seems to be much smoother and more robustly designed. I'm excited!
Nov 18, 2016, 10:30 AM
Hello All, just curious, what camera would you switch too if you wanted a better FPV set up on the wizard. I just ordered mine the other day and I want it to be ready to go when I get it so Im wondering if you had the choice what camera would you install into it?
Nov 18, 2016, 02:29 PM
Leaf on the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its Irish x
Hello All, just curious, what camera would you switch too if you wanted a better FPV set up on the wizard. I just ordered mine the other day and I want it to be ready to go when I get it so Im wondering if you had the choice what camera would you install into it?
I swapped a Foxeer HS1177 w/ a GoPro 2 lens in on both my RTF and ARF. My favorite camera so far.
Nov 18, 2016, 09:54 PM

Confused...

Ok, finally able to work on my X220. I cut down the grommet on the VTX, now the antenna makes a nice connection. I was able to flash the latest Betaflight, no problem. When I connected to BLHeli Configurator, I learned that I needed to connect a battery. Got it, was able to connect there. Although, what I need to do there is still a mystery...

I was also able to bind my FS-i6 transmitter to the iA6B receiver, I got the succesfull binding message. But, I can't see any transmitter action while in BetaFlight?!? I know it must be some simple procedure I messed up.

Any suggestions?