Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 05, 2016, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
PPM it's often channel 1, and the wire has already been plugged into the right port on the F3 board. If you want to connect Sbus/iBus, check the pictures of my receiver install, for sBus you need to connect to a different port on the flight controller. And enable UART3 to "serial RX" on the "Ports" tab, as well as select receiver type "serial receiver" and "Ibus" on the "Receiver" tab.
I see. Will try once I received my wizard. At the moment its been back order. Perhaps I'll only get it during christmas . Thanks for your sugestion Solo & Spider.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2016, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muida375
I see. Will try once I received my wizard. At the moment its been back order. Perhaps I'll only get it during christmas . Thanks for your sugestion Solo & Spider.
I ordered mine on 1/11 and it shipped 4/11, they cant be that out of stock! Sure it will ship soon
Nov 06, 2016, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muida375
Hi Spider. Any photo to share on the conection? Not really understand how to conect the iA6-B with F3 board. I guess for PPM it is straight foward right?
I have a RTF wizard so that has a Naze FC but this is my Realacc X210 has an F3 flight controller and running Ibus with an I6B receiver. I just pulled the other 5 wires out of the 8pin plug and then plugged it into that socket I really love the way this quad feels on Ibus .......... my wizard is still on PPM but i am gonna change that one day soon
I hope the pics help
Nov 06, 2016, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider_b54
I have a RTF wizard so that has a Naze FC but this is my Realacc X210 has an F3 flight controller and running Ibus with an I6B receiver. I just pulled the other 5 wires out of the 8pin plug and then plugged it into that socket I really love the way this quad feels on Ibus .......... my wizard is still on PPM but i am gonna change that one day soon
I hope the pics help
Thank spider, thats really helpfull.
Nov 06, 2016, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahless
I ordered mine on 1/11 and it shipped 4/11, they cant be that out of stock! Sure it will ship soon
Lucky you. I ordered on 1/11 as well but it shows as back order now eventhough before I press the buy button it shows it is in stock. Banggood says it expected to ships my wizard on 16/11
Nov 06, 2016, 06:54 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider_b54
I hope the pics help

Same way I connected the FrSky Sbus receiver to my ARF:

In the X220 F3 the front connector is for PPM, and the rear one for Sbus.
Nov 06, 2016, 09:15 AM
Hey SoloProFan,

I just flew my ARF today and made a short vid, i'll post it here too so there won't be too many repeat threads. Just let me know if this bothers you!

Eachine Wizard X220 ARF from www.banggood.com (6 min 2 sec)

The 2205 motors are much better than the 2204s, hope you get yours in the air soon!
Nov 06, 2016, 09:48 AM
As the first message states, some discussion is allowed, in fact even appreciated. And vids that demonstrate the performance, especially when flown by a good pilot, are welcome.

Nice flying, I just think the camera has a bit too narrow angle for me. It should be easy to replace the lens, or better swap to a different camera?
Nov 06, 2016, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan

In the X220 F3 the front connector is for PPM, and the rear one for Sbus.
Thanks Solo, this is another good info.
Nov 06, 2016, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnmsmushy
Hey SoloProFan,

I just flew my ARF today and made a short vid, i'll post it here too so there won't be too many repeat threads. Just let me know if this bothers you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy7u9nw4YLM

The 2205 motors are much better than the 2204s, hope you get yours in the air soon!
Hi Mnmsmushy, nice flying & nice informative video. Can share how to flash BF 3.0 in the F3? X220 ARF will be my 1st BetaFlight quad. Before this all my quads using Open Pilot. I'm not really good in tuning (and in this hobby I really should learn to tune the quad my self actually ) so it will be good if you can share how to upgrade the BF from 2.9 to 3.0. Might want to try that & compare the difference feeling between this 2 my self.
Nov 07, 2016, 09:57 AM
Thank you SoloProFan :P (also for the encouragement)

I also feel that the FOV is too small
I have a broken camera from another quad and I intend to swap the lens onto the X220, hopefully it fits! THen I can have another go at the Hillview lap, it should be able to go a bit faster still.

muida375: no worries, there are many experienced people here and I am learning new things every day too!

If you're sure you're having the SPRACING F3 version, you should set your betaflight configurator to look like this:

After that, click "Load Firmware [Online]"
then "Flash Firmware"

it's that simple!

Although you've got the ARF and you should 99% be on the SPRacing F3 Flight Controller,
it'll be good to go to "CLI" and type "version" to confirm that everything is indeed in order.

If you flash the wrong firmware then it's going to be a bit troublesome to fix...
Nov 07, 2016, 02:29 PM
I prefer to "load local", the only time a flash went wrong, I was using the online option, maybe there was some internet connection issue when the file was downloaded. In theory it should not make a difference though.
Nov 07, 2016, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnmsmushy
Thank you SoloProFan :P (also for the encouragement)

I also feel that the FOV is too small
I have a broken camera from another quad and I intend to swap the lens onto the X220, hopefully it fits! THen I can have another go at the Hillview lap, it should be able to go a bit faster still.

muida375: no worries, there are many experienced people here and I am learning new things every day too!

If you're sure you're having the SPRACING F3 version, you should set your betaflight configurator to look like this:

After that, click "Load Firmware [Online]"
then "Flash Firmware"

it's that simple!

Although you've got the ARF and you should 99% be on the SPRacing F3 Flight Controller,
it'll be good to go to "CLI" and type "version" to confirm that everything is indeed in order.

If you flash the wrong firmware then it's going to be a bit troublesome to fix...
Great, thanks. Yes, I'm learning new things with X220 (my first BetaFlight). Will try this once I get my X220.
Nov 08, 2016, 08:20 AM

Setting up Wizard

Hey guys, i just wanted to say thanks for all this info on this thread....I am a newbie myself to racers and ordered the x220 ARF. This thread really is informative ..i am on backorder as well from banggood so when i get it i will be ack on this thread to set it up...Cheers!
Nov 10, 2016, 11:01 AM

X220 as my first quad...

Received mine a few days ago. Just learned that my charger doesn't come with the xt60 connector... So, I order a couple of those and threw in a couple of Crazepony VTX antennas, a low voltage alarm, some LiPo bags...

Hopefully after that I'm good to go. I already have the FS-i6 & it's receiver.

I'm nervous!!There's so much to get wrong or forget to do in Betaflight or fry something or....