Eachine Wizard X220 ARF F3 - Updated Version (review, work in progress) - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 24, 2016, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Quad arrived few days ago, added unboxing report, with pictures and screenshots of most BetaFlight settings, as well as CLI Dump
Hi Solo, the BetaFlight setting is it yours or original stock settings? I'm planing to get the ARF version because it way more cheaper. I already have FlySky FSi6 & an i6-B RX. I'm not very good in tuning so if this ARF is similar to RTF version as you & other reviewer has said that it can fly well out of the box then this ARF version will be my choice. Really looking foward on your review
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2016, 05:23 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by muida375
Hi Solo, the BetaFlight setting is it yours or original stock settings? I'm planing to get the ARF version because it way more cheaper. I already have FlySky FSi6 & an i6-B RX. I'm not very good in tuning so if this ARF is similar to RTF version as you & other reviewer has said that it can fly well out of the box then this ARF version will be my choice. Really looking foward on your review

All settings shown in the screenshots are stock. I haven't installed receiver yet, little low on spare receivers at the moment.
Oct 27, 2016, 04:55 PM
Added pictures of the inside, as well as receiver install for SBUS.
Oct 28, 2016, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodoo_operator
I've been debating on either buying this or building something similar from scratch. The problem is, when I price out the parts to build my own, it always ends up more expensive. It's impressive that they can give you an assembled quad for less than the price of the parts, although I guess they're buying them wholesale.
I build one of those Realacc X210 kits from BG with 2205/ 2600Kv motors, 30A V2 ESC's and the F3 FC.. .. been thinking that set up on the LC R 220 frame with the heavier top and bottom boards would be a Wizard that really boogied
Oct 30, 2016, 10:06 AM
Added flight video, and some comments on pros and cons.
Oct 30, 2016, 11:47 PM
Quote:

It was indeed almost ready for action, even after fitting the props. During the first test hover, I ran into the same issue as another Dutch RC flyer has experienced. No yaw response, despite the bars moving with transmitter powered up, and looking on the receiver tab, in Betaflight. Turns out that the rate for yaw was set to 0.00 instead of 1.00...

Hi Solo, Sorry for asking but how do you solved the yaw issue? I've seen FyreSG video on X220 RTF version (Part 1 video) it looks like his X220 also set at "0" in receiver tab (Or is it I look at wrong section cause I never used betaflight before). Maybe if you can show the printscreen where to fix this. Thanks.
Oct 31, 2016, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Hi Solo, Sorry for asking but how do you solved the yaw issue? I've seen FyreSG video on X220 RTF version (Part 1 video) it looks like his X220 also set at "0" in receiver tab (Or is it I look at wrong section cause I never used betaflight before). Maybe if you can show the printscreen where to fix this. Thanks.

No problem in asking, I had already made a screenshot, called PID_Adj, to show the setting that needs to be changed. It's the Yaw RC-rate, that comes set to 0.00 instead of 1.00 and is rendering any yaw input to null, even when on the receiver tab, the yaw stick makes the corresponding bar move properly.

Screenshot has been attached to second posting in this thread. Btw, the flying vid I posted, I also set the Super-rate to 0.25 instead of default 0.70 as that is the value I had also set on the RTF. So this makes a better comparison. Higher Super-rate will make it respond faster, and it may take some time to get used to this. I do have 0.70 set on the F210 Grasshopper, and for instance when giving full yaw, it spins very fast.
Oct 31, 2016, 02:26 AM
Thank You Solo. Got it. I'm looking at the wrong section for the Yaw RC-rate. Your explaination & which screenshot should I refer to is very clear. Mine is on the way. Cant wait to test fly it. This will be my very first BetaFlight drone. My 1st 2 drones is CC3D using Open Pilot.
Oct 31, 2016, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Thank You Solo. Got it. I'm looking at the wrong section for the Yaw RC-rate. Your explaination & which screenshot should I refer to is very clear. Mine is on the way. Cant wait to test fly it. This will be my very first BetaFlight drone. My 1st 2 drones is CC3D using Open Pilot.

Glad to help. At first the BetaFlight interface takes some getting used to, with various rates settings. The graph on the right side of PID tab does help though.

What quads did you fly before this? Are you getting the RTF, or ARF X220?
Oct 31, 2016, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Glad to help. At first the BetaFlight interface takes some getting used to, with various rates settings. The graph on the right side of PID tab does help though.

What quads did you fly before this? Are you getting the RTF, or ARF X220?
Eachine Racer 250 & Martian 230. Both also using CC3D with Martian is using CC3D Evo. I'm sucks in tuning (base on my experience with the Martian), that is why I prefer ready build & tune quads like Eachine. BTW, I'm getting the ARF version as I already have FLYSKY I6 transmitter with IA6-B receiver.
Oct 31, 2016, 04:17 AM
Sounds like good experience. Did you also fly fly FPV and/or acro?

The IA6-b does PPM, right? Or SBUS/IBUS? For SBUS the receiver wire needs to be plugged into a different connector. My pics of receiver install show that, as I used SBUS FrSky receiver.
Oct 31, 2016, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Sounds like good experience. Did you also fly fly FPV and/or acro?

The IA6-b does PPM, right? Or SBUS/IBUS? For SBUS the receiver wire needs to be plugged into a different connector. My pics of receiver install show that, as I used SBUS FrSky receiver.
Yes, IA6-B does PPM. Most of the time, I fly FPV & in rate mode. But not to experience actually. Still learning, only start flying brushless end of last year. Before this I'm flying toy brushed quad.
Nov 05, 2016, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Yes, IA6-B does PPM. Most of the time, I fly FPV & in rate mode. But not to experience actually. Still learning, only start flying brushless end of last year. Before this I'm flying toy brushed quad.
The Flysky IA6B also does I-bus and on the F3 board you just plug the connection into the other plug and then dont forget to setup the radio for ibus .. you have to set that to channel3
Nov 05, 2016, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider_b54
The Flysky IA6B also does I-bus and on the F3 board you just plug the connection into the other plug and then dont forget to setup the radio for ibus .. you have to set that to channel3
Hi Spider. Any photo to share on the conection? Not really understand how to conect the iA6-B with F3 board. I guess for PPM it is straight foward right?
Nov 05, 2016, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Hi Spider. Any photo to share on the conection? Not really understand how to conect the iA6-B with F3 board. I guess for PPM it is straight foward right?

PPM it's often channel 1, and the wire has already been plugged into the right port on the F3 board. If you want to connect Sbus/iBus, check the pictures of my receiver install, for sBus you need to connect to a different port on the flight controller. And enable UART3 to "serial RX" on the "Ports" tab, as well as select receiver type "serial receiver" and "Ibus" on the "Receiver" tab.