Oct 18, 2016, 02:24 AM
Fly-In

The Ivan Pettigrew Spring Float and Land Fly 2017

We invite all pilots near and far to join us for the 3nd Annual IVAN PETTIGREW Spring Land and Float Fly May 26, 27, 28th -2017.

Here is your chance to fly with the 'man' himself......

Book your time off now so you don't miss this great event, we would love to see you.

If you have never flown at our location and love flying off of water, we sport a two million square foot lake for great water flying and our grass runway is 60ft x 400ft of beautiful turf runway if land flying is more your style or you can enjoy doing both.

All models must be electric, sorry no fuel planes allowed. Current MAAC or AMA required.

If you fly models with small scale wheels , please be aware we will cut the turf as short as possible, but that may not be enough for some smaller scale planes with wheels that are designed for hard surface. You may want to consider doing a temporary swap out for larger diameter wheels were possible.

We will be grooming a fine crusher dust runway beside the turf that should accommodate all but the smallest wheels.

Here is your chance to fly with the man himself. Please have a look at our website for more information... www.cef.club

If you attended in 2016 please feel free to post some of your favorite pictures of the event. Please ensure you have rights or permission to the photos you post.

Thanks,

Jon Light, President

President, CEF

cef14@telus.net
Last edited by Tman57; May 11, 2017 at 11:58 PM. Reason: corrections
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2016, 05:07 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
Ahhhh, just seen this and delighted to say I will be with you in May. One model is already complete and in the box. And I'll have at least one new pair of socks.

Sockwith Mike
Nov 07, 2016, 12:00 AM
Parkcityflier
I'm sorta half way from being a resident in Bend, Oregon and Park City, Utah but by May I should have it all figured out and look forward to driving up to Chilliwack from Oregon. Unfortunately, my building has been suspended for awhile until I get the move all taken care of so I'm afraid that there won't be a Dornier 24 to have a possible battle with a Mavis this year. My trusty Empire will have to do. Looking forward to seeing everyone again, though.

Jim
Nov 07, 2016, 08:07 PM
Count me in...I'll be there again in 2017...rain or shine :-) I'll have some new planes that I'll bring as well, including a Hangar 9 80" Electric Scale J3 cub and Spitfire!
Nov 08, 2016, 06:46 AM
Suspended Account
hello,nice to meet you.These pictures are really beautiful.....♈♉♋♎♏㉿@㈱◕№㏇
Mar 14, 2017, 03:52 PM
Parkcityflier
It's definite now. I will be there in May. I plan to bring my 5th wheel camper again and will also be bringing along a flyer friend. He also has a camper but a very small one so I hope that there will be room again this year for us both to camp by the lake. We look forward to seeing all you great people and lots of great airplanes--and, of course, the "master", himself, Ivan.

Jim
Mar 16, 2017, 07:37 PM
8000 Watt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkcityskier
It's definite now. I will be there in May. I plan to bring my 5th wheel camper again and will also be bringing along a flyer friend. He also has a camper but a very small one so I hope that there will be room again this year for us both to camp by the lake. We look forward to seeing all you great people and lots of great airplanes--and, of course, the "master", himself, Ivan.

Jim
Glad to hear that you are planning on making the trek North again Jim. I am definitely planning on attending again. I am sure the weather will be better than last year!
Mar 18, 2017, 12:54 AM
Ron
Ron
looking forward to seeing eveyrone here again......Sherry will be cooking again, and hopefully the weather is more like a typical Chilliwack May day...hot and no wind :-)
Al you better get up here to see all the tiggies..we have a whole squadron of them for you
Mar 23, 2017, 07:19 AM
Team Tracon!
Hotel is booked, we're going to be there!

Sam & Beverly
May 04, 2017, 12:01 PM
Ron
Ron
Peanut butter cookies are just now starting to grow in number around the house.....
there is always a bit of a swap meet at the event, so if you have stuff that you want to dispose of, bring it along...maybe it will find a new home. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone here again... Mike...Jim...glad to hear you are both going to make it again this spring..
May 04, 2017, 12:48 PM
Ken Stuhr

A call to Minionkind!

I am busily recruiting replacement crew to replace those brave Minions lost in last year's missions. The remaining veterans are enthusiastic to return despite their sadness over loss of brethren. With luck and a good deal of parachute training for the recruits beforehand, we will be able to mount missions again and with far fewer losses. As well, the pilot has been chastised regarding stratospheric drop altitudes over the relevant weed patches.
May 16, 2017, 01:21 PM
Ron
Ron
Hey Sam:

WHAT NO PICTURES????
I just checked the weather forecast and it is saying sunny and warm for the fly in weekend.
yippee!
May 18, 2017, 09:50 PM
8000 Watt Club
I would post a picture from last year but It didn't stop raining long enough for me to take any!
I am pleased to see that the forecast is looking very promising and I am already getting my airplane trailer organized.
I look forward to seeing you all there!
May 19, 2017, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Dryer
I would post a picture from last year but It didn't stop raining long enough for me to take any!
I am pleased to see that the forecast is looking very promising and I am already getting my airplane trailer organized.
I look forward to seeing you all there!
I've attached a few soggy clips of memorable moments from last years event including a couple of passes of your Decathalon Geoff. Hope to see you there – Lar

Ivan's Spring 2016 Flymeet (7 min 19 sec)
Last edited by Digiflier; May 19, 2017 at 12:25 AM. Reason: clip added
May 19, 2017, 08:39 PM
8000 Watt Club
Thanks for posting Larry! It think that was all filmed on Sunday early afternoon after the rain quit. Later in the afternoon the winds were darn strong.

Quick Reply