Turnigy Evolution - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 17, 2016, 07:53 PM
New Product

Turnigy Evolution

Looks good to me. I'm assuming it's the FlySky protocol but I wonder if it's compatible with the old FlySky receivers.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...k_Mode_2_.html

Turnigy Evolution Digital Proportional Radio Control System - HobbyKing Daily (5 min 18 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2016, 08:29 PM
slats move, slots don't
Certainly much lighter than a Taranis in the backpack.
Last edited by AndyHK; Oct 17, 2016 at 08:50 PM.
Oct 18, 2016, 08:33 AM
...but are the receivers as small as the frsky? and can they do voltage telemetry?
Oct 18, 2016, 08:45 AM
From what the receiver page show is it has a voltage input for battery telemetry
Oct 18, 2016, 09:15 AM
I void warranties
Been watching this for a month now. To bad the sticks are so toyish, everything else looks great! I have 3 hobby grade transmitters (Devo 10, Devo Ultimate 7E and taranis X9E) and yet I'm ordering one of these today! Even if it's a total flop in stock form I'm gonna make it run devo (probably with a STM32F103CBT6 processor on a breakout type board wrangled in and air-wired to the sticks / switches / pot / button.

Edit: actually I think what I'll do is take it apart regardless and use it to hold my custom PCB that I made to run DeviationTX on...
Oct 18, 2016, 09:30 AM
Ido - NL
I was wondering when someone would come-up with a game controller type of transmitter, and now there is one, yeah!

In the old days people needed to have a lot of settings on the transmitter side, but these days most logic is within the Flight Controller. Transmitter is mainly used for the controls. So why do we need a full blown transmitter, I would rather have a small transmitter with just the basics.

I am on the verge on buying a Taranis, but would buy this thing in an instant if it only supported more TX-RX protocols. I want to have 1 transmitter for all my models, like Inductrix and my home build quad. So perhaps a version 2 can have all this
Oct 18, 2016, 09:42 AM
http://der-frickler.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer
Edit: actually I think what I'll do is take it apart regardless and use it to hold my custom PCB that I made to run DeviationTX on...
Same thought this morning ;_)
Cutout for the display should hold a 9x display as well, would need to see where to fit the menu buttons.
Oct 18, 2016, 11:17 AM
Just ordered mine. Less than $75 shipped.
Oct 18, 2016, 12:14 PM
Ive been following this for 8 months, lol. Soon as i saw it i fedex prioritied. Hope to have it by friday.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2723702

Im curious to see if it picks up any kind of telemetry.

If someone came up with a frsky hack that would be epic. The i6 recievers are rather large, somewhat unusable for quads 250 and under. That being said, who's to say they arent already developing a small cppm/sbus reciever like the xsr? That would be a great addition for this radio, and would secure itself as the fpv transmitter of choice for a long time.

Spektrum, frsky, tbs, futaba... they would all be sent back to the drawing boards if they want to have a competitve edge in this market.
Last edited by Felix_Dinel; Oct 18, 2016 at 12:29 PM.
Oct 18, 2016, 01:27 PM
Obsessive Compulsive
Only thing I wish it had extra was voice. With goggles on, like having that feedback.
Oct 18, 2016, 11:35 PM
http://m.banggood.com/Flysky-FS-A8S-...p-1092861.html

Just found this flysky reciever.... extremely interested to see if this works. Ive seen a few videos where the turnigy and flysky stuff is interchangeable.
Oct 19, 2016, 09:57 AM
This looks awesome, but until it can be used with FrSky receivers there is no point in me buying it.
Oct 19, 2016, 10:12 AM
No deviation for it...

It has a STM32F072V8T6 or STM32F072VBT6.
Oct 19, 2016, 10:14 AM
I kinda want one! But I literally got another TX the day before release! Maybe a good spare!
Oct 19, 2016, 12:55 PM
Unclear, this will NOT work with a Spectrum rx right!