Holybro Shuriken X1 **Owners Thread** - Page 53 - RC Groups
Jan 02, 2018, 07:28 AM
Adam RED Weston
Anybody have a Kamikaze ESC (one or more) they would like to sell me? I've got one that's flaking out on me and causing death rolls.

These ones:

https://www.undergroundfpv.com/produ...nt=33939519492

I'll gladly pay what you paid + 10% for them plus shipping.

TIA, RED
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 04:40 AM
H.Marx FPV

Problem with small Vibrations (or oscillation)

Hi dear all!
I'm facing some trouble with my X1, not so big, but very annoying...
If you could watch the video below you can see in some times when I am flying straight a litlle bit of some kind of oscillation.
I already check all motors in betaflight and no problem with them. Any ideas from you guys?

Problem X1 (1 min 11 sec)
Jan 12, 2018, 10:32 AM
OutcastRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helio Marques
Hi dear all!
I'm facing some trouble with my X1, not so big, but very annoying...
If you could watch the video below you can see in some times when I am flying straight a litlle bit of some kind of oscillation.
I already check all motors in betaflight and no problem with them. Any ideas from you guys?

https://youtu.be/TDG5NDtN24A
That's not propwash, that's the esc causing a motor twitch, common problem with them, mine had it. I cant remember how I minimised or rectified it, I think I may have changed the motor timing for one. just a shame my vtx failed so I just returned it. got a holybro kopis 1 to replace it though, it flies beautifully, its not as aggressive as the X1 but I have a Diatone GT2017 for that kind of thing
Last edited by Outcast_RC; Jan 12, 2018 at 10:55 AM.
Jan 12, 2018, 01:22 PM
H.Marx FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by christy1685
That's not propwash, that's the esc causing a motor twitch, common problem with them, mine had it. I cant remember how I minimised or rectified it, I think I may have changed the motor timing for one. just a shame my vtx failed so I just returned it. got a holybro kopis 1 to replace it though, it flies beautifully, its not as aggressive as the X1 but I have a Diatone GT2017 for that kind of thing
How did you change the motor timing? MIne X1 is version 2, already upgraded escs.
Jan 12, 2018, 03:07 PM
OutcastRC
tried editing this post and it made another one
Last edited by Outcast_RC; Jan 12, 2018 at 03:23 PM.
Jan 12, 2018, 03:17 PM
OutcastRC
tried to change this one and it created yet another post
Last edited by Outcast_RC; Jan 12, 2018 at 03:23 PM.
Jan 12, 2018, 03:21 PM
OutcastRC
Quote:
How did you change the motor timing? MIne X1 is version 2, already upgraded escs.
Mine was v2 also, that's what annoyed me. it came with FVTLibee20APro series labelled esc's, you can use the blheli suite to change esc settings

https://github.com/4712/BLHeliSuite/releases

You could at least try Medium-High, instead of the medium. What I remember finding was switching the esc protocol to multishot which rectified the problem completely though. I also remember having about the same results turning dampedlight off, but that did cause some odd motor behaviour while they weren't supposed to be spinning, they started to noticeably twitch but in flight they didn't. oh and the default startup power on mine was .75, you could try how it responds on 0.50 and then even try 1.00
Jan 15, 2018, 03:56 AM
H.Marx FPV
Quote:
tried editing this post and it made another one
why if my post is related with SHURIKEN X1 and I'm owner according with title of this topic?
Jan 15, 2018, 03:57 AM
H.Marx FPV
Quote:
Mine was v2 also, that's what annoyed me. it came with FVTLibee20APro series labelled esc's, you can use the blheli suite to change esc settings

You could at least try Medium-High, instead of the medium. What I remember finding was switching the esc protocol to multishot which rectified the problem completely though. I also remember having about the same results turning dampedlight off, but that did cause some odd motor behaviour while they weren't supposed to be spinning, they started to noticeably twitch but in flight they didn't. oh and the default startup power on mine was .75, you could try how it responds on 0.50 and then even try 1.00
THANKS man... i"ll try!
Jan 29, 2018, 04:53 AM
H.Marx FPV
Quote:

I tried to change according recomendations....but....
My setting of esc is already medium-high (timing) on BlHeliconfigurator. And another suggestion is change esc protocol to multishot but when I change from oneshot125 (stock) to multishot the quad didn't arm.

any idea?
Jan 29, 2018, 09:59 PM
OutcastRC
Quote:
I tried to change according recomendations....but....
My setting of esc is already medium-high (timing) on BlHeliconfigurator. And another suggestion is change esc protocol to multishot but when I change from oneshot125 (stock) to multishot the quad didn't arm.

any idea?
what is your esc minimum throttle set to in blheli and what is the minimum throttle set to in betaflight configuration tab and the minimum command

I don't have mine anymore but these are some screenshots I still have:
Jan 30, 2018, 05:58 PM
H.Marx FPV
Quote:
what is your esc minimum throttle set to in blheli and what is the minimum throttle set to in betaflight configuration tab and the minimum command

I don't have mine anymore but these are some screenshots I still have:
ESC
minimum throttle set 1016

betaflight
minimum throttle set 1040
minimum command 1000
Jan 30, 2018, 06:45 PM
OutcastRC
Quote:
ESC
minimum throttle set 1016

betaflight
minimum throttle set 1040
minimum command 1000
I don't see any issue there, what is the reason its stating for not arming under the Setup tab; Arming Disable Flags?

Here is a legend of the error codes: (listed under: Description of arming prevention flags)
https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...uence-&-Safety
Jan 31, 2018, 02:48 AM
H.Marx FPV
Quote:
I don't see any issue there, what is the reason its stating for not arming under the Setup tab; Arming Disable Flags?

Here is a legend of the error codes: (listed under: Description of arming prevention flags)
https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...uence-&-Safety
I think because esc cannot run multishot, cause when I set oneshot is ok. But I will check
Feb 06, 2018, 08:50 AM
H.Marx FPV

Futaba rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_HLG
So far, so good.. I've got two real flights in and haven't lost signal. I ended up hard wiring the rx to the board where the rx plug broke off... It's a little hard to see under the hot glue...tiny little pads!

RED
Hi red....
could you please inform to me witch FUTABA receiver did you use at X1?
Tks!

Quick Reply