Holybro Shuriken X1 **Owners Thread** - Page 4 - RC Groups
Jan 01, 2017, 12:41 AM
Hey guys! I just took the X1 out for its maiden flight today.
I deliberately left everything stock in its "out-of-box" condition, apart from changing the rates and arming/flight modes.

In Summary, I was amazed at how it performed straight from the box.
Everything was working: Failsafe, Telemetry, OSD, and PIDs are very flyable as well.

I keep a record of the laptimes of all my quads through a standard lap I fly:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...er-Lap-Timings

Do take a look and see how she does!
Keep in mind that this is seriously STOCK, i.e. running at 2khz/1khz, Oneshot125 etc..
[Hillview Tech Lap] Holybro Shuriken X1, from www.gearbest.com (3 min 45 sec)

Also, I read this thread prior to maidening the quad, and I was looking out for the mid throttle oscillations some of you guys described.
I also noticed this oscillation while flying at low forward tilt (maybe 5 to 10 deg?) around the low to mid throttle area
However once I started flying at normal speed, I did not notice any oscillations anymore..
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2017, 09:44 AM
Review Video is done too!

Holybro Shuriken X1 Review, from www.gearbest.com (12 min 25 sec)
Jan 02, 2017, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnmsmushy
Hey guys! I just took the X1 out for its maiden flight today.
I deliberately left everything stock in its "out-of-box" condition, apart from changing the rates and arming/flight modes.

In Summary, I was amazed at how it performed straight from the box.
Everything was working: Failsafe, Telemetry, OSD, and PIDs are very flyable as well.

I keep a record of the laptimes of all my quads through a standard lap I fly:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...er-Lap-Timings

Do take a look and see how she does!
Keep in mind that this is seriously STOCK, i.e. running at 2khz/1khz, Oneshot125 etc..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRKBUQ7VTuo

Also, I read this thread prior to maidening the quad, and I was looking out for the mid throttle oscillations some of you guys described.
I also noticed this oscillation while flying at low forward tilt (maybe 5 to 10 deg?) around the low to mid throttle area
However once I started flying at normal speed, I did not notice any oscillations anymore..
Quote:
Very nice, looks good !

Could you explain please how do you compare racers using timed laps ?

thanks
Jan 02, 2017, 05:15 PM
Thank you!

I fly all the quads through the same track layout, and the fastest one sits at the top of the leaderboard
Of course this isn't a "scientific" test, since there are many factors which affect the timings like pilot skill, wind conditions, lighting etc
But this would still be better than me saying "this quad feels fast", "this quad handles well" and stuff like that
The laps are timed post processing so it is only accurate to 0.03s (30fps DVR)

I usually stop flying the quad when it's at the top of the table, or when I don't think it can go much faster, which is why I also include the dates at the side (the ones I like get flown more too :x)

Basically these timings are constantly updated once there are changes

I will fly the X1 again this weekend if weather permits with adjusted settings, and I expect to see a further reduction in lap timing
Really really excited about this quad!
Last edited by Mnmsmushy; Jan 02, 2017 at 05:23 PM.
Jan 02, 2017, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Thank you!

I fly all the quads through the same track layout, and the fastest one sits at the top of the leaderboard
Of course this isn't a "scientific" test, since there are many factors which affect the timings like pilot skill, wind conditions, lighting etc
But this would still be better than me saying "this quad feels fast", "this quad handles well" and stuff like that
The laps are timed post processing so it is only accurate to 0.03s (30fps DVR)

I usually stop flying the quad when it's at the top of the table, or when I don't think it can go much faster, which is why I also include the dates at the side (the ones I like get flown more too :x)

Basically these timings are constantly updated once there are changes

I will fly the X1 again this weekend if weather permits with adjusted settings, and I expect to see a further reduction in lap timing
Really really excited about this quad!
alright, thanks man
make sense the way you described it
Jan 02, 2017, 07:50 PM
:P can't wait to bring her out again!
Jan 03, 2017, 06:00 PM

Turnigy evolution compatibility

Hi .
This quad looks amazing. I was hoping someone could tell me if it is compatible with the Turnigy evolution TX.
Thank you.
Jan 03, 2017, 07:04 PM
It definitely is (an amazing quad)!
You can order this quad as a BNF with flysky rx, which from my understanding, is compatible with the turnigy evo
But please do re-confirm this!
Last edited by Mnmsmushy; Jan 03, 2017 at 10:42 PM.
Jan 04, 2017, 09:24 AM
Quote:
It definitely is (an amazing quad)!
You can order this quad as a BNF with flysky rx, which from my understanding, is compatible with the turnigy evo
But please do re-confirm this!

Thank you.
When I search to buy this quad I get three options of receiver. Dsmx/ frsky xsr/ futaba

I don't see a flysky receiver to match my Turnigy Evolution.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Jan 04, 2017, 09:32 AM
Wow ure right! I don't know why I was under the impression flysky was available..
Let me check with gearbest!
Jan 06, 2017, 12:55 PM
No joy finding this beast with flysky on gearbest or bangood.
Found kooltoyz and fpvunderground selling them but no stock.
Today fpvunderground had new stock!!!!

Add to basket

Just gotta fnd some good batteries (recommendations appreciated )and a bag of spare props.
Jan 06, 2017, 05:52 PM
Oooo I see!
Spare props is a very good idea

I think most graphenes are great, I have heard good feedback about gaoneng batteries

Do get 4S so this beast can unleash its fury! :P
Jan 07, 2017, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I had noticed the graphene and also the tatu r-line seem to be popular.

It was actually Undergroundfpv.com that stocked the quad. Only they supply it with 6 sets of props so it a good start.
Jan 08, 2017, 06:48 AM
manual says the VTX can be switched between 200mW and 600mW, and there's a button for that. I must be blind 'cause I don't see it, does anyone know where to locate it? Lol
Jan 08, 2017, 07:05 AM
Hey~ I covered it in my video

Holybro Shuriken X1 Review, from www.gearbest.com (12 min 25 sec)

I made a diagram at 1m13s, hope it helps!
Last edited by Mnmsmushy; Jan 08, 2017 at 07:57 AM.

Quick Reply