Holybro Shuriken X1 **Owners Thread** - Page 2 - RC Groups
Nov 20, 2016, 04:54 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Shuriken 180 uses D16, I wonder why the X1 should need D8 mode instead...

This is what Holybro replied when I asked about FrSky binding:

Frsky RX bind Proceures
1. Turn on the TARANIS and enter the bind mode(MENU>PAGE>⊕…find 'Bind'>ENT)
2. Connect battery to the Shuriken while holding bind button on the Shuriken.The LED on the reciever will flash, indicating the binding process is completed
3. Turn off both the transmitter and the receiver
4. Turn on the transmitter and connect the battery.the green LED on the receiver indicates the binding is successful.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2016, 05:35 PM
HBS
HBS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Shuriken 180 uses D16, I wonder why the X1 should need D8 mode instead...

This is what Holybro replied when I asked about FrSky binding:

Frsky RX bind Proceures
1. Turn on the TARANIS and enter the bind mode(MENU>PAGE>⊕…find 'Bind'>ENT)
2. Connect battery to the Shuriken while holding bind button on the Shuriken.The LED on the reciever will flash, indicating the binding process is completed
3. Turn off both the transmitter and the receiver
4. Turn on the transmitter and connect the battery.the green LED on the receiver indicates the binding is successful.
The above instructions were what I followed, and my Taranis bound to the XSR receiver within a few seconds. I think it is D16. Also, when ordering from GearBest, I don't recall seeing an "international" version of the receiver.
Nov 23, 2016, 01:51 PM
I have Taranis international version and no problem to bind in D16 mode.

Mine arrive today and looks fantastic. I ordered from gearbest.

I setup the OSD to show the mha consumed and It comes with betaflight 3.0

Tomorrow maiden.

This thing itīs ready to fly from the box in two minutes. nice product Holybro
Nov 26, 2016, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriwaky
I have Taranis international version and no problem to bind in D16 mode.

Mine arrive today and looks fantastic. I ordered from gearbest.

I setup the OSD to show the mha consumed and It comes with betaflight 3.0

Tomorrow maiden.

This thing itīs ready to fly from the box in two minutes. nice product Holybro
Great ! any updates or videos from maiden ?
Nov 28, 2016, 03:29 AM
Hey guys, this might be my first quad. I just want to ask a few questions. Can I switch the vtx power to 25mw? and If I get it with the XSR, does it come with telemetry ready or do I need to solder a different wire to set that up? Right now im picking between this quad and the Diatone Crusader GT2 200, which one should I go with? Thanks
Nov 28, 2016, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Grit
Hey guys, this might be my first quad. I just want to ask a few questions. Can I switch the vtx power to 25mw? and If I get it with the XSR, does it come with telemetry ready or do I need to solder a different wire to set that up? Right now im picking between this quad and the Diatone Crusader GT2 200, which one should I go with? Thanks
the power modes for the vtx are 250 mw and 600 mw. And is telemetry ready for the taranis. I think the shuriken is far better than the gt2
Nov 28, 2016, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Grit
Welcome my friend
What a great dilemma to have, both are really good BNF FPV Racers.

You should do your research and decide, read review explore and also give like 40% on which one looks better In your opinion.

I'm not sure about the telemetry, my best guess it will require simple soldering of the wires from the XSR to the Flight controller, I'll try to find out .
Nov 28, 2016, 06:18 PM
The problem is, I'm in Australia and the maximum power for the vtx I can have while racing is 25mw. I think I might have to go with the gt2.
Dec 06, 2016, 02:45 PM
I've been looking at the X1 but found nothing about flight modes? Is it just a full out acro racer? Or does it have a horizon mode?
Dec 06, 2016, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneup
I've been looking at the X1 but found nothing about flight modes? Is it just a full out acro racer? Or does it have a horizon mode?
It comes with an FC that is already preloaded with Betaflight, which means
you can program and decide which flight modes to use and assign them to the channels you choose.

Just a random example I found of the GUI flight mode screen:
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=2135.0

This is the Betaflight GUI Configurator (also called BFC)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ocjccjao?hl=en

Hope it made things clearer,
cheers
Dec 09, 2016, 12:00 AM
I am in the same dilemma in choosing between the X1 or the GT2. It does seem more people have had issues with the GT2. but maybe there has been more GT2's sold? Maybe I will hold out for the Shuriken180pro
Dec 12, 2016, 12:43 PM
Hello guys,
I just have one question for now, i'd like to buy the transmitter radiolink AT 10 II, will it work with this quad, because the frsky taranis is a bit expensive
Dec 12, 2016, 02:39 PM

i am in love

Although i am a newby, and i don't have mutch expierence with flying drones.
I must say that i am in love with her, my wife probably hates her
I didn't fly fpv yet, but acrobatics LOS flips from right to left, front and back, is just great
She is so snappy and fast, and after a couple of crashes (on grass) nothing was broken (only my pride )
what i do want to find out is how to get a microphone working on her
i like to hear my motors for better expierence
i fly with 4s 1300 and 1500Mah, and for acrobatics i think its best to get the 1500, she is more stable
telemtry is working but i need to see if i can find out if it is a 100%
RSSI i need to find out aswell, i got a taranis and need to sort it all out
through the goggles you can adjust the settings like horizen OSD and PID
so that is a cool setting aswell
i had contact with Holybro through Facebook, and they tolled me that you could fly it with 5s
but they don't recommend it

for the people who like to have the picture of the X1 on the screen ot their taranis, i have put the picture there aswell

i am in love with this BEAST
Dec 12, 2016, 02:46 PM

Pm

btw Nitbeat, sorry for my late reply i was quite busy lately
but here is my experience for this moment
i will post new stuff here

best regards Raver
Dec 20, 2016, 07:27 AM
does anyone know if the SpiroNet antenna is RHCP or LHCP?

Quick Reply