Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 17, 2016, 10:49 AM
Mini-HowTo

Eachine Turbine QX70 - Modding your QX70 to fly better

Lately many users reports that the QX70 fly's not so great to say the least, out of the box.
In this thread I'll update the latest MODS & upgrades for your QX70 to make it a true tiny beast
* If you have any info to share please post it here and I'll update once its verified as legit by other pilots.

Eachine Turbine QX70 70mm Micro FPV Quad Based on F3 EVO Flight Controller
http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Turbine-QX70-70mm-Micro-FPV-Racing-Quadcopter-BNF-Based-On-F3-EVO-Brushed-Flight-Controller-p-1095990.html

Key Features
  • Supports Cleanflight and Betaflight
  • Optional RX selection: DSM2/DSMX / Flysky / Frsky Receiver

Spare parts for the Eachine Turbine QX70 Micro FPV Quad

Eachine QX70 (30 min 20 sec)

(info from banggood)
Description
The QX70 quadcopter is a improved Indutrix for FPV Racing , flying furiously with adequate agility.It is based on SP racing F3 evo flight controller supports Cleanflight and Betaflight, provide Acro/Rate mode, Angle mode, Air mode and more. More importantly, it is armed with an omnipotent receiver which is compatible with various protocols.

Specification
Brand Name: Eachine
Item NO.: QX70
Wheelbase: 70mm
Fly Weight: 54g
Size: 97*97*75mm
Flight controller: SP RACING F3_EVO_Brush
Firmware version: Cleanflight 1.13.0
Motor: 8520 Coreless Motor
Prop Size: 40mm 4-Blade
Camera: 520TVL HD CMOS 1/4 inch Camera
Video Output format: PAL / NTSC
AV Wireless Transmitter: 5.8g 25mw 48ch
Batterry: 3.7V 600mah Lipo battery
Flight time: 6 minutes
Receiver: Frsky / Flysky / DSM2/DSMX (Optional)

Features
Flight control base on F3 evo flight controller, supports Cleanflight and Betaflight, provide Acro/Rate mode, Angle mode, Air mode and more.
The Coreless motor is plug type, simple and convenient to use.
QX70 it is armed with an omnipotent receiver which is compatible with various protocols.
The user only need to be equipped with a remote control and a receiver to experience the indoor FPV flight.
Last edited by nitbeat; Dec 25, 2016 at 01:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2016, 11:32 AM
It just keeps getting better and cheaper, saw this on Banggood this morning. At some point there has to be a bottom?
Latest blog entry: Gnarly Whoop Instructions
Oct 21, 2016, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocubed
It just keeps getting better and cheaper, saw this on Banggood this morning. At some point there has to be a bottom?
Yeah that's true, always room to improve I guess
Now they included the FPV CAM + F3 FC + the option to select your own RX, it's awesome !
Nov 01, 2016, 12:17 PM
It's now available in stock
8% discount code: toysho
Last edited by nitbeat; Nov 27, 2016 at 02:59 PM.
Nov 01, 2016, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocubed
I'm hoping for an Owl or Doinker clone next!
Nov 02, 2016, 06:01 AM
Didn't anyone see this "turbines" for sale separated?

It's funny that few months ago I wanted to build small FPV quad and there wasn't any cheap option + cleanflight compination. So I ended with CJMCU board. And now there is so many options for few bucks! :/
Nov 02, 2016, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benik3
Didn't anyone see this "turbines" for sale separated?

It's funny that few months ago I wanted to build small FPV quad and there wasn't any cheap option + cleanflight compination. So I ended with CJMCU board. And now there is so many options for few bucks! :/
You talking about spare blades ?
Prop Size: 40mm 4-Blade

I haven't seen yet spare blades for QX70, will update once available
Last edited by nitbeat; Nov 03, 2016 at 01:09 PM.
Nov 02, 2016, 12:29 PM
^ E010 and inductrix are smaller than this rig
Nov 02, 2016, 12:39 PM
Out of curiosity would the FB90 be better than this since its running same size props but 2s?

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Fatb...p-1089814.html
Nov 02, 2016, 02:31 PM
2s should make it more efficient, but one would have to fly both to define "better". im curious to see how both shake out
Nov 02, 2016, 04:11 PM
I think it is just too heavy, that's the same battery as the qx90. 54 grams all up same as the qx90 unless the info for the qx70 is wrong. Horizon Hobby whoop is 24 grams. all up.

I guess it depends what you are looking for, I think the qx70 will be nice in its own way (and outdoors), but it won't have the personality of a whoop.

I wish they would base one on their e010 even if it means no dsm/frsky/flysky/F3.
Nov 11, 2016, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
I think it is just too heavy, that's the same battery as the qx90. 54 grams all up same as the qx90 unless the info for the qx70 is wrong. Horizon Hobby whoop is 24 grams. all up.

I guess it depends what you are looking for, I think the qx70 will be nice in its own way (and outdoors), but it won't have the personality of a whoop.

I wish they would base one on their e010 even if it means no dsm/frsky/flysky/F3.
I think its currently the best TinyWhoop killer (with FRSKY option + FPV CAM & VTX).
If the E 010 was integrated like that he will be first place.
I like the way it behaves.
Nov 27, 2016, 03:16 PM
I have a 8.5 mm 3d printed whoop on order(3dhubs). I wish i had seen the separate qx70 frame before i ordered the printed one. I ordered the qx70 frame and props anyway. The printed one uses 55mm props and the qx 40mm. Interesting to compare because of prop size.
Last edited by canino; Nov 27, 2016 at 03:36 PM.
Nov 28, 2016, 02:34 AM
Dutch RC commented something very questionable about this build: "How do 40 mm props fit a 70mm frame?"

Edit nevermind... i just woke up....
Last edited by canino; Nov 28, 2016 at 03:06 AM.
Nov 28, 2016, 04:18 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by canino
Dutch RC commented something very questionable about this build: "How do 40 mm props fit a 70mm frame?"

Edit nevermind... i just woke up....

Lol. It sounds weird at first, but then you realize 40mm is the diameter of the props, and not the radius.