Oct 16, 2016, 04:48 PM
Build, Fly, Crash, repeat
Thread OP
Question

Need some info on brushless marine ESC's

Looking for an aftermarket brushless esc for my Fei Lun brushless rc boat. It's a 24" hull and I think the stock esc is 65A. There is a feature on my stock esc that slows the boat down when it hits LVC, which is a big compliment to get the boat back to shore without being stranded. So my questions are:

-What (budget, but good) esc would you guys suggest? Water cooled only.

-Will the aftermarket ESC have that same slow down feature like my stock does?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2016, 04:52 PM
Turnigy or sea king (same thing just different branding) yes they have LVC that slows down your boat.
Oct 16, 2016, 06:07 PM
Thread OP
All turnigy and seaking ones?
Oct 16, 2016, 06:16 PM
Yes. You should buy the programmer, well worth the price and convenience. It allows you set up when the LVC kicks in and adjust other parameters.
Oct 16, 2016, 07:15 PM
Thread OP
Would you suggest a certain esc for ease of use and programming? And of course one that I can set the lvc on. My stock is 65A, so at least 65A or higher (just not super high because I plan to run only stock motor or something very close to stock)

Also the esc must have reverse, because on my boat is self-righting so I need quick reverse/forward
Oct 16, 2016, 07:50 PM
The sea king and turnigy speed controls fit your criteria perfectly, I would get the 80 or 120 amp to give you upgrade head room
Oct 17, 2016, 12:45 PM
Just a bored guy
90 not 80, but I agree.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_Cooled_.html
Oct 17, 2016, 02:05 PM
If it will fit in your boat get the Turnigy 120a, its cheaper than the 90a.
Oct 17, 2016, 02:55 PM
Thread OP
Yea I see that. I believe I will go with that one. That will be more than plenty enough head room for possible motor upgrades. My boat has self-righting feature so I just hope the transition from reverse to forward is quick.

Quick Reply