Oct 15, 2016, 05:07 AM
Mtz
Mtz
Thread OP
Help!

FreeX not finding north and just flip on take off

I have a new FreeX which was flying OK for about a week. Even I am a newbie I never crashed seriously it but maybe under 1 meter when landing on grass.

But few days ago after a morning with a perfect fly I started it again in the afternoon and instead of take off it just flipped on the ground. The motors from the right part have very high speed and the quad is just flipping to left without any fly from the ground/

Then I started to see what is the problem and the results are these:
- when doing compas calibration (many times!) the blue LED was blinking when rotating the Freex. This seems to be OK, the LED is showing me that the FreeX is feeling the rotation.
- Problem 1: FreeX is not finding the north. I tried so many times out of city on a plain, no metals near me. Sometimes the blue LED is flashing for a second, no matter if is on the north or not.
- Problem 2: FreeX is not connecting to FCT even the firmware upgrade can be done or Gimbal adjustment. This means that my cable and PC connection is OK
- Problem 3: when starting (without propellers) the motors have very high speed and are not turning off automatically after 10 seconds as expected.

Can you guess which is the damaged part of FreeX looking at the FreeX PCB picture ?
If some electronic part is broken I want to buy it.

enjoy,
Mtz
Last edited by Mtz; Oct 15, 2016 at 12:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2016, 12:54 PM
Firm ware up grade might have something to do with the problem. Y did you do that? Check with your dealer.
Oct 15, 2016, 02:44 PM
Mtz
Mtz
Thread OP
I did firmware upgrade just to test if the cable and connection to PC is good, because when connecting to FCT no data was received by FCT, see in attached picture.

I think the key of my problem is why is not finding the north and I don't know where to look if that component is OK or how to test it. The freexgroup staff is not answering to my emails, tried on Facebook too.
Last edited by Mtz; Oct 15, 2016 at 03:10 PM.
Oct 16, 2016, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz
I did firmware upgrade just to test if the cable and connection to PC is good, because when connecting to FCT no data was received by FCT, see in attached picture.

I think the key of my problem is why is not finding the north and I don't know where to look if that component is OK or how to test it. The freexgroup staff is not answering to my emails, tried on Facebook too.

1. you should have NOT upgraded the FIRMWARE as it already had latest version
2. you MUST right click Flight Controller Tool V2 and run as administrator - ALSO YOUR MUST have FreeX Transmitter Turned ON when using Flight Controller Tool V2
3. IF your do NOT get any data from Fight Controller Tool V2 then maybe your FC or other part of the electronics is bad
IF your system is not working correctly after trying to get data from the flight controller tool v2 then we suggest you return to the dealer or the factory for repair or replacement
Last edited by Parkflying; Oct 16, 2016 at 04:54 AM.

Quick Reply