Eflite Convergance VTOL BNF or PNP - RC Groups
Oct 14, 2016, 05:29 PM
Foam Concept Jets
Discussion

Eflite Convergance VTOL BNF or PNP

E-flite Convergence™ VTOL BNF Basic & PNP (3 min 19 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2016, 05:29 PM
Foam Concept Jets
All i can say is "WOW" and my next words would be how can i get one tomorrow.
Last edited by crispy1074; Oct 14, 2016 at 05:40 PM.
Oct 14, 2016, 08:21 PM
The motors tilting mechanism look somewhat flimsy. Is it cheap?(as opposed to Expensive.)
Oct 14, 2016, 08:28 PM
Foam Concept Jets

Eflite Convergance BNF or PNP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy
The motors tilting mechanism look somewhat flimsy. Is it cheap?(as opposed to Expensive.)
BNF is $249.00 preorder due in late November friend at Horizon hobby.
Oct 18, 2016, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy1074
All i can say is "WOW" and my next words would be how can i get one tomorrow.
I'll wait until there's more user data. Considering the price involved,
and relatively new technology, I'm going to let people who can afford to
first adopters test it out. Other VTOL aircraft have been known not to be able to handle vertical flight the way a conventional aircraft can.
Oct 20, 2016, 01:46 AM
Regurgitation Utensil.
yaw in tricopter mode is only coming from differential thrust of front two motors? or is there another control surface at work?
Oct 20, 2016, 07:12 PM
Foam Concept Jets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkpilot
first adopters test it out. Other VTOL aircraft have been known not to be able to handle vertical flight the way a conventional aircraft can.
I completely understand friend but i trust in the Eflite people they have yet to let me down with any of there products.
Nov 17, 2016, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy1074
BNF is $249.00 preorder due in late November friend at Horizon hobby.
its looking like $219 for the BNF.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFL11075
Nov 17, 2016, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkpilot
I want this really bad. But I too will wait to see what others think. I am still too new a pilot so if its not the greatest, I may not know if its due to the plane, or me.
Dec 03, 2016, 01:38 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
yaw in tricopter mode is only coming from differential thrust of front two motors? or is there another control surface at work?
Differential thrust in a hover would only get you a roll input. Yaw in a hover is controlled via vectored thrust. The motors tilt back and forth. For a right piro, the right motor would tilt back and the left motor would tilt forward.
Dec 04, 2016, 03:24 PM
Alpine Soaring in Wyoming

Convergence Binding

Can't find any indication on the RX where the BIND PORT is located. Could use some advise.
Any other helpful hints for set up and programming is also appreciated.
Thanks
EJ
Dec 04, 2016, 03:57 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by erichj
Can't find any indication on the RX where the BIND PORT is located. Could use some advise.
Any other helpful hints for set up and programming is also appreciated.
Thanks
EJ
It doesn't have a bind port. It automatically goes into bind mode when you power it up with the TX off. Also, the manual is available on-line, folks.
Dec 05, 2016, 01:20 PM
Preordered mine can't wait
Dec 26, 2016, 09:56 PM

convergence

Flown and crashed. The back bottom section of the fuse, that holds the shaft for the rear motor, fell off during flight. It flipped tail over nose to the ground, nothing you could do, totaled, No glue on the fuse section, I would suggest checking to make sure it is glued well if you have this model, Horizon acted like they didn't want to hear it, said to send it in they would look at it. Jerry
Dec 30, 2016, 11:02 PM

Convergence

Received a reply from Horizon on my claim. They are sending me a new plane, thats great customer service. The plane flew great the tail section just fell off, rendering the plane uncontrolable. Check the bottom rear fuse section and make sure it is glued on properly. Jerry