This might be better than Coroplast. - RC Groups
Oct 14, 2016, 08:01 AM
Go fix yourself man !
Discussion

This might be better than Coroplast.

I got a free sample of Palight PVC foam, 1/8 inch and think it would replace coroplast. It is PVC foam sheets , very light but no where near regular foams. Extremely strong and a big advantage is no kinks when bending because it does not have the cardboard-like structure.

Probably lighter than coroplast and the thinner sheets allow better dimensional control. They will send you a small free sample. One disadvantage, PVC glue is what I would call aggressive, ya need ventilation to use it. They sell the stuff at Lowes and Home depot etc.

http://www.palramamericas.com/Produc...ALIGHT-Family/
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2016, 11:25 AM
Go fix yourself man !
The 2 x 4 x 1/8 inch sample I got weighs 8.4g. Seems lighter than regular 1/8 plywood but I need to weigh it to be sure. It's very stiff it would need a heat gun heat to bend.
Seems well suited to gasoline fuselages, but still a bit heavy. It might make good spar materials for foam wings, especially if glued into I beams.

I still prefer Balsa, regular and lite ply, CF and fiberglass, and Monokote. After a person develops flight skills, a fleet of cheapo airplanes is not the best way.
Oct 14, 2016, 05:47 PM
Call me Frosty
seems to be pricey.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Palight-P...6249/205853887

24 in. x 48 in. x 0.118 in. (3mm) Foam PVC White Sheet $39.99 /each

I used to be able to get a 4' x 8' 4mm coroplast sheet for around $15 at Regal Plastics, although I have not checked the price in a while....
Oct 14, 2016, 07:06 PM
Go fix yourself man !
Nice try, yea slightly pricey. 1/3 of the way for one .40 ARF. I looked but didn't find much on it.
Last edited by Chophop; Oct 15, 2016 at 03:00 AM.
Dec 10, 2016, 01:12 AM
Old newb
I just bought scrap ABS foam sheet at the eplastics.com store front today.

I will be playing with it to see what it works well as.

They sell in bulk too, but I lrft the price heet in my car.

I can not find it listed on their website though.