RG65 Class: ZWERKZ RG65 3D Printed 20% Carbon hull - Page 2 - RC Groups
Nov 16, 2016, 08:39 AM
DF65/No Excuses, Just Sailing!
Very 😎
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2016, 03:47 PM
Zach,
This is a bit cheeky, but is there any chance of you making the stl files available?
I've been think about the possiblity of a printed rg65 for some time but don't have the skills to translate from thought to drawing.

I have printed replacement parts for every fitting on the DF65, including the rudder, and equipment trays, but a hull is a bridge too far

Ian
Feb 27, 2017, 03:14 PM
Very interesting!
Have you completed the printing of the hull?
Feb 27, 2017, 05:30 PM
Orco Skinny
Hello Zorn zack
Saw that you built a 3D boat of Andy's design. Looks very nice. What do you estimate the cost to print one of these ? Will you be selling them ?
MMB
Mar 23, 2017, 10:00 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
Any word on this?
May 23, 2017, 04:48 AM
Hi Ian

Sorry for the late reply. I've been busy with work and launching the 3D files for sale real soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansmith
Zach,
This is a bit cheeky, but is there any chance of you making the stl files available?
I've been think about the possiblity of a printed rg65 for some time but don't have the skills to translate from thought to drawing.

I have printed replacement parts for every fitting on the DF65, including the rudder, and equipment trays, but a hull is a bridge too far

Ian
May 23, 2017, 04:54 AM
Hi MMB

I'm using PLA+ for the Manta 3D IOM, and it used less than 1 roll of filament It cost me just under USD40 for a roll of filament plus 120 hours plus minus for electric bill . The files will be available soon. I'm still cleaning up the design.
There's a lot of request of making it for larger printer and less sections.

Bare with me. Please follow the IOM or RG65 page in the FB for updates. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildmanneredbob
Hello Zorn zack
Saw that you built a 3D boat of Andy's design. Looks very nice. What do you estimate the cost to print one of these ? Will you be selling them ?
MMB
Jul 16, 2017, 05:29 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
any more word on this?