Team Legit Fohdy (FO-DEE) 40 inch Flying Wing - RC Groups
Oct 11, 2016, 10:15 PM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
Build Log

Team Legit Fohdy (FO-DEE) 40 inch Flying Wing

Ok Guys We have been cranking out these Fohdy inch wings and people love them So Im making its own thread. It will have all the build instructions videos and everything you need to know here.

If you got one post about it here.
to remove ads between posts
Reserved 1
Reserved 2

Build Videos
Reserved 3

build Pics
Last edited by Johnnymeg; Jul 07, 2017 at 02:57 AM.
Oct 11, 2016, 10:16 PM
Pics Dump After Paint and Close up of installation of Vector.
Last edited by Johnnymeg; Dec 16, 2016 at 12:02 AM.
Feb 26, 2017, 10:28 PM
Unregistered User
Here are a couple of shots of my fohdy build. Just finished painting. The wiring for an eagle tree micro vector completed, pretty much ready for laminate and final assembly.
Name: IMG_20170220_170311.jpg
Views: 63
Size: 606.5 KB
Description:
Name: fohdytop.jpg
Views: 67
Size: 274.6 KB
Description:
I went for a post battle of Endor paint scheme.
Name: fohdybottom.jpg
Views: 92
Size: 210.5 KB
Description:

One question, where is the cg located? I I think I read somewhere 4.75" but I cannot recall where or if this is correct.
Last edited by hachikyu; Feb 26, 2017 at 10:55 PM.
Feb 27, 2017, 12:42 PM
That Looks Awesome man, Your gonna Love that wing. I flew Mine yesterday and I enjoyed the crap out of every Pack. I also installed the Micro Vector and It Handles amazing with stock settings. but you can increase the gains to make it hold a bit tighter.

The CG is located at 5.5 From the blunt section.
Feb 28, 2017, 12:56 PM
Unregistered User
Thanks Johhnymeg. I am just finishing up the build, just the fins and putting the servo horns and rods in place, starting to get a little excited to fly, hopefully we have a nice mild end of winter here in Nova Scotia. Here are a few shots with the laminate, first time laminating a wing, I don't think I screwed it up too badly

Name: fohdylaminated.jpg
Views: 59
Size: 220.5 KB
Description:

Name: vwctorcloseup.jpg
Views: 49
Size: 305.1 KB
Description:
You were right about the wire harnesses tidying up nicely.
Anyhow, I will try to post a shot when it is complete.
Feb 28, 2017, 02:43 PM
Here a refund a few shots of mine all complete.

The micro vector fits in here perfectly and tidys up really neat.

The tpu mount is also versatile for gopro or sessions.
Mar 01, 2017, 09:15 PM
Unregistered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymeg
Here a refund a few shots of mine all complete.

The micro vector fits in here perfectly and tidys up really neat.

The tpu mount is also versatile for gopro or sessions.
That is a nice clean build. I may have to move my esc to match, we will see. I have cut some ventilation directly above the esc and in the bottom of the bay, this will require some field testing to see if it is enough.
Finished up the build over the afternoon.Turns out this thing is pretty close to being balanced with the 3300mah 4s gens ace I will be using. I did a quick cg test with my fingers and a ruler and it was very close. I am running a 600mw immersionrc vtx with a VAS bluebeam, a lumineer cm650 with a 2.1mm lens for video. The rx is a frsky x6r, though I may swap this out for an l9r in the future. I'm not sure, but getting rssi to the micro vector from an x6r is not obvious. In the meantime audio alerts from the native taranis telemetry with do.
This wing went together smoothly between the customer support (both pre and post sale), 7demo7's build video, johnnymeg's micro vector install video, and the McDowell's how they paint video (I was on the verge of just spraying a couple of stripes on one wing). The quality of the wing itself and the power package offered is refreshing, there is a lot of crap out there these days, this is not. Anyhow, before I go full Team Legit fanboy (too late?), here are a few photos from the end of the build. The xwing is one of the images I used to come up with a paint scheme or theme. I can't wait to maiden this thing.
Let's see some more fohdys.
Mar 10, 2017, 01:18 AM

New Fohdy

I'm planning to order my FOHDY this weekend, I really like the paint jobs on the planes posted here. I'm still shopping for power systems, etc. What size 4S battery is best to use? I'm starting off with a basic wing- no flight control or fpv, but I plan set up the wing for them. I have watched 7Demo7's build video and have a good idea from that on how to get started.
Mar 10, 2017, 10:10 AM
Awesome man you will love it. For power system we offer a basic power package but if you get your own we are running a 450 watt system that is both fast and efficient. Our system running a 2216 1250kv motor with a 8x6 prop.

For battery we run a 4s 3300 but you can run anything from a 2200-4000 if you can get it to balance.
Mar 23, 2017, 03:23 PM

Paint job

Hi Johnnymeg, I am planning to buy my paint for my FOHDY this weekend, do you still recommend the rubberized paint? BTW thanks for the quick delivery- I have installed the motor mount and glued the wings together so far.
Mar 24, 2017, 01:18 AM
You can use the plasti-dip if you like it comes out a bit heavy.

Another way is to coat the whole wing in 3m 90 spray adhesive. Let it dry completely then paint the wing. This makes it bond to the foam really well. You will rip foam trying to get it off. That in turn means it's going to be more ridged.

Quick Reply